Re: Last horror movie you watched?

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

We Are What We Are (2010)

Damn, what a movie. Liked the fact that it wasn't a wall to wall gore film and was focused on the family, which I'm pretty sure the remake won't be like. Or it might have some psuedo-pretentious/symbolic meaning behind it. Bleh.

Anywho, fantastic film. 8/10

I think the remake could do a lot to improve on it myself.

How so?

The Caller

That was a nice one, liked it through and through. Won't land in my top list of movies, but it was definitely worth the time smile

Dead Birds (2004) 6/10

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Spirit Camp is pretty amazing LOL

Definitely. Very nice naked boobies. big_smile

It Came from Outer Space (1953)

A fun B Movie with similarities to Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Where that movie took a more serious approach more akin to a thriller the B movie nature of this film is more overt.

It however benefits from some very strong performances and pretty impressive creature effects, for its time. Overall a 8/10.

Vasquez wrote:
HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Damn, what a movie. Liked the fact that it wasn't a wall to wall gore film and was focused on the family, which I'm pretty sure the remake won't be like. Or it might have some psuedo-pretentious/symbolic meaning behind it. Bleh.

Hmm. I think that, basically, the way they developed the story could have been a bit more interesting than how they did it. Saying that I appreciate, like you, the fact it wasn't a wall to wall gore film. I don't know, the film just leave a very strong impression on me, it just felt a bit flat by the end.

BASSI wrote:

House at the End of the Street (2012)

I could not get into this movie at all, I found the whole movie boring and very predicable, one of the most Predicable movies ever!

This was just bland,

Anyone see Would You Rather (2012) ?
Might give that watch tonight!

Yup, didn't think much of it.  I would have rather spent the time watching  one of Sasha Grey's earlier works instead. wink

^^^
Hahahaha Oh yeah Sasha rules.

Especially in the awesome Smash Cut, Great piece of canadian Horror that is.

Dark Skies - LOVED this film!!! Great characters, story, and visuals!

^^^
The look of the Aliens is totally insane. big_smile

beceaus of punks mini review:
Resolution (2012)

It was ok, the chemistry, characters and acting was very good for such a super low budget movie. The mystery was just a bit too low key for me, and the end didn't really feel like a climax at all.

^^^
Yeah the ending was a bit so, so. Sad because they deliver an extraordinary performance...

HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT: GHOSTS OF GEORGIA [2013]

I truely digged the first one and lemme tell you, liked this one even more. AWESOME atmosphere in all the movie and pretty damn satisfying acting. And man, these Ghosts are scary. Fun hour and a half I spent.

666.666.666/10

That's good to hear, kXnPunk. I thought the first one was pretty good.

As for myself, haven't been watching a lot of movies recently. Was pretty inactive for a while due to exams, but they're all outta the way now.

Got the Twlight Zone box set ('80s version) and just started going through it, actually very cool. May post about it later.

The Omen III: The Final Conflict

The Barrens

The Possession.

Really good atmosphere, but the last bit just felt a bit boring to me. Not enough payoff somehow.
But the dialogue was good, which I always like, and there was only one stupid scene where I had to roll my eyes to avert them from the obviouls clichee.

Hatchet 3...It was good despite the loss of Adam Green behind the helm....Loved the one cameo in particular.
Apartment 1303...What a stinker ...Poorly acted rip off of yet another japanese film

Fathers Day - besides a few cool gore scenes I found it to be rather terrible. And not in the good Troma way. Seems that here lately most movies that Troma have released have been straight up just bad. Its a shame, because this one had some real potential.

The Hole
The Raven
Chillerama
The Innkeepers
Dark House
The Frankenstein Theory
Theatre Bizarre
100 Ghost Street

Last edited by azathoth (2013-06-18 05:44:57)

Azzy yikes

Very nice list azathoth. Man I love Theatre Bizarre A LOT!!!

Rewatched Haunting In Connecticut: Ghosts Of Georgia once more and I find it even more great the second watch. Beautiful story, beautiful images and man, that little girl is just AMAZING!!!

The Last Exorcism Part II - There were a few good parts in this.. Not enough to save it for me though. Didn't really care for it much at all. It fell really flat for me.

Vasquez wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Hmm. I think that, basically, the way they developed the story could have been a bit more interesting than how they did it. Saying that I appreciate, like you, the fact it wasn't a wall to wall gore film. I don't know, the film just leave a very strong impression on me, it just felt a bit flat by the end.

Late

Do you mean "the ritual" that they brought up? Some of the brief incestual moments?

I felt the film start to drag when the oldest son was "hunting". Other than that, I was shocked and blown away by the ending. I love different opinions. smile

Terror Train