Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

^^^
A truely great one, my favorite from him with It and Christine.

I showed my second Favorite Book ever, the first being Les Derniers Calepins from Félix Leclerc, best Quebec writer ever to marc-ander fucker last night and this is a shot he took from it.

A truely amazing book, I love REVOLT so... big_smile

http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/550x/b5/39/bd/b539bda8703552871e9b6705d8b5f1a3.jpg

http://pmcdn.priceminister.com/photo/images-de-la-revolte-1965-1975-de-steef-davidson-livre-869730378_ML.jpg

Really interesting because under each image, there's a bunch of great informations about the poster and what was happening when it got printed. Extremely cool one.

Now you can better understand why it's my favorite of them all even over Necronomicon. lol

REVOLT BITCHES!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-18 07:36:19)

827

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Very cool punk!

I recently finished reading the Exorcist. It was a damn good book, it can be pretty addictive once you start. The only complaint is how Christian it is, but it's still good read barring my personal beliefs.

I picked up the novel of The Lords of Salem fromt he bookstore yesterday, looked pretty cool.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5138cQeJXbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I decided to starting reading Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. Everyone recommended Watchers as a first Koontz read, but the premise just sounds silly. Demon Seed is much shorter, and it has a more interesting premise (at least to me). So I'll give it a shot and if I like it maybe I will get to Watchers.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Theli wrote:

Very cool punk!

I recently finished reading the Exorcist. It was a damn good book, it can be pretty addictive once you start. The only complaint is how Christian it is, but it's still good read barring my personal beliefs.

I picked up the novel of The Lords of Salem fromt he bookstore yesterday, looked pretty cool.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5138cQeJXbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I decided to starting reading Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. Everyone recommended Watchers as a first Koontz read, but the premise just sounds silly. Demon Seed is much shorter, and it has a more interesting premise (at least to me). So I'll give it a shot and if I like it maybe I will get to Watchers.

I received an autographed copy of Lords of Salem in my VIP goody bag from TX Frightmare. I haven't read it yet.  Been scared to touch it since it has Rob's signature on it. LOL  I love me some Rob. Please let me know if it's good and I'll risk it. smile

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Theli wrote:

The only complaint is how Christian it is,

The main reason why I hate this fucking movie. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-18 17:03:40)

830

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

kXnPunk wrote:
Theli wrote:

The only complaint is how Christian it is,

The main reason why I hate this fucking movie. lol

I don't let shit like that get to me much. I read the whole bible and I am atheist. I have also read tons of other religious texts and stories (modern and ancient), I don't take them too seriously, but like ghost stories and other supernatural tales, you don't need to believe to be entertained. I like mythologies and legends. What does get on my nerves sometimes is some pretty overt messages of atheism being wrong or the constant feeling like a book is trying to convert me. Not really the case with The Exorcist but at times it felt a bit like that.

Like I said though it is a great story and extremely well written and an addictive read.

Last edited by Theli (2013-06-19 01:01:18)

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

The only part of the boble I read is The Apocalypse aside the everyday paragraphs my dad [which is beyond a Jesus freak]. Probably why I'm pro-EVIL and Anti-Christ that much. lol

But glad you don't let it get to you. I can't.

Still happy for you that you found it cool.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Just finished reading Carrie by Stephen King.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Different Seasons by Stephen King

834

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Sherri576 wrote:
Theli wrote:

Very cool punk!

I recently finished reading the Exorcist. It was a damn good book, it can be pretty addictive once you start. The only complaint is how Christian it is, but it's still good read barring my personal beliefs.

I picked up the novel of The Lords of Salem fromt he bookstore yesterday, looked pretty cool.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5138cQeJXbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I decided to starting reading Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. Everyone recommended Watchers as a first Koontz read, but the premise just sounds silly. Demon Seed is much shorter, and it has a more interesting premise (at least to me). So I'll give it a shot and if I like it maybe I will get to Watchers.

I received an autographed copy of Lords of Salem in my VIP goody bag from TX Frightmare. I haven't read it yet.  Been scared to touch it since it has Rob's signature on it. LOL  I love me some Rob. Please let me know if it's good and I'll risk it. smile

That's a pretty sweet grab! I dunno I never read any of my signed books. Just leave them on the shelf to collect dust. But i'll let you know when I get to it.

835

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

horrorfan26 wrote:

Just finished reading Carrie by Stephen King.

Awesome book. I just read it not to long ago. Can't wait to see the new movie.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

^^^
Exactly the same thoughts I have. Looks like it's gonna be quite something.

NIGHT WORLD by L. J. Smith

Bought the first one when it was coming out for a very low debut price and kept reading it ever since. Last night, I started the new one I got, Witchlight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_World#Witchlight

Few pages I've gone through yet are as wild as everything I read from this marvellous series. Yay, Vampires, Werewolves and Shapeshifters. big_smile

BTW, she's the one that created Vampire Diaries so YES, romance is into this. And I truely don't care at all, I like it a lot rather.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-22 03:51:04)

837

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

I just finished off Dean Koontz's Demon Seed. First off this is an early book in Koontz's catalog, it was originally published in 1973, then when a film was made it was re-printed in '77 for the last time. Later Koontz rewrote the book and released the new version. I was reading the original version. It's the story of a woman who is trapped inside her automated house which has gained sentience and is developing a personality. Ultimately the sentient computer that is her house is trying to impregnate her so that the machine can tranfer it's consciousness to a living vessel. Pretty cool book, great concept, but at times it falls flat, and seems to go back scenes of robo-rape repetitively. It's a short read though so anything that may get annoying doesn't last long. I dig it.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Just finished reading Animal Farm by George Orwell

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Just finished reading One Hundred Poems From The Japanese by Kenneth Rexroth

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Bossypants, by Tina Fey.  Never read it before but yesterday my mom comes in, "Look what I found for a dollar!" lol

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

^^
Cool, cool.

Still working on The Gripping Had, the sequel to The Mote in God's Eye, by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.
Also cracked open Goodkind's The Third Kingdom.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

piers Anthony: On a pale horse

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Bought 2 books from the Supernatural series.
I should start reading them soon.

844

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

I picked up Max Brooks Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, as well as David Moody's Autumn. I just started Autumn the other day.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

I went on a spending splurge and bought ten books off of Amazon. I've been working and putting a lot of money into savings this year, so I feel I deserve the treat. I can't wait to receive these in the mail and immediately start reading. Here they are:

Black Holes: A Traveler's Guide by Clifford Pickover (his books are ALWAYS a blast to read)
History of Religious Ideas, Vol. 1: From The Stone Age to the Eleusinian Mysteries by Mircea Eliade
The Greatest Show On Earth: The Evidence for Evolution by Richard Dawkins
Civilization and its Discontents by Sigmund Freud
Apology, Crito, and Phaedo of Socrates by Plato
The Road to Eleusis: Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries by Wasson, Hoffman, & Ruck
The Farther Reaches of Human Nature by Abraham Maslow
The Earth, The Gods, and The Soul - A History of Pagan Philosophy: From The Iron Age to the 21st Century by Brendan Myers
Sacred Mushrooms - Secrets of Eleusis by Carl Ruck

I will update everyone on each book as I read it in the other "what are you reading?" thread.

846

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Nice haul! I would love to see a pic of your bookshelf sometime.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

^ Thanks, dude. And not a bad idea. I might just have to borrow a friend's camera and snap a few photos, then upload them onto here.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Ohhh I've read Black Holes: A Traveler's Guide and it's such a great one. Incredibly interesting and damn I've learned so much it's nuts. smile

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

The Creature wrote:

Apology, Crito, and Phaedo of Socrates by Plato

Phaedo is a good one. They made me read it at college and it stuck with me.
It's very starightforward and tells a good story which happens to be loaded with amazing thoughts and ideas.

Just bought Stepeh King's Joyland as a present for my sister. Re-reading choice bits of Klaus Kinski's autobiography.

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Just DLed the Tom Savini book Grande Illusions.  I had an original printing but several years ago, like a complete and utter fool, I traded it off for what I thought was going to be collector's editions of Last House on Dead End Street and Emannuelle and the Last Cannibals DVDs, but which turned out to be badly duped VHS copies of them instead. 

Anyhoo, good read, with Savini going into generous detail on his most famous FX gags, covering his first film (Death Dream) all the way up to his most recent film at the time he wrote the book, Creepshow.