Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Dark Skies

Good movie, but then it just... ended. Where were the last 30 minutes?

I just watched Torture Garden. It's an amicus anthology from 1967. I liked it quite a bit. It has 4 different segments, all of which are good. It was cool to see that this was written by Robert Bloch (author of Psycho). My personal favourite segment was about a couple of Edgar Allan Poe collectors. There is also one about a haunted piano that stood out. This is pretty standard amicus fair and is not so different in premise from their other anthologies like Vault of Horror or Tales From the Crypt.

Last edited by Theli (2013-06-19 00:54:31)

DON'T CLICK [2012]

Woah man. Online abuse made frightening with extraordinary performance by the lovely Park Bo-young. Man, what a damn blast that was, amazing story, graphics and acting. Another Corean masterpiece of Horror.

666.666.666/10

HOLD YOU BREATH [2012]

I LOOOVE Asylum films and I know not many of us do so. But this slasher was a damn great one IMO. Katrina Bowden that I love was great. Story is about an old legend that says that when you cross a cemetary, you gotta hold your breath for the spirits not to possess you. Some amazing kills, especially the knife in the eye at the end. KICK ASS!!!

666.666.666/10

Faces of Death

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-06-19 12:05:52)

Brides Of Dracula (1960) not one of my favourite Hammers. 5/10

I watch Sick Nurses (2007) last night. It's a strange movie, it uses very fractured story telling, and has some interesting themes. The major theme is sex and sexuality. There is also a decent amounbt of gore, most of it is pretty over the top. Overall it was an entertaining and unique movie. The first Thai horror film I have seen too.

Revenge of the Radioactive Reporter, a Canadian cheapie from 1990.  The title says it all.  This one's got Azzie written all over it. lol

Black Swarm

Genetically modified wasps cause havoc in a small town.

I guess the makers of this film were interested in the romance story than anything else. Too bad I didn't feel a genuine connection between the two characters, especially when the sheriff revealed something that was suppose to come off as shocking. More like eyerolling. The connection between Robert Englund and the sheriff's daughter, the blind woman and the sheriff herself were the best things in the film. (Sheriff kind of looked like Claire Danes if she kept her hair colour from My So-Called life) 3/10

DEAR GOD NO! [2011]

All I can say is Oh god YES!!!

Sickest movie I've EVER seen is definitely this one. YET!!! Absolutely everything to satisfy the pure Grindhouse fan I am. Wow. Babes, Boobs, Blood, Guns plenty of them. Creatures are just badass. And Madeline Brumby RULES!!!

Fuck YES!!! That ruled.

666.666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Yummy time watching this.
VERY yummy.

http://deargodnomovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/wireda.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-20 05:22:56)

Final Destination 5

Eye of the Beast

A giant squid terrorizes a Canadian fishing town.

Much better than I thought it would be. Engaging lead characters (got  a Ryan Reynolds vibe from Van Der Beek for some reason) and just a nice focus on the characters in general, with obligitory monster attacks. 7/10

Netflix took off Croc, In the Spider's Web and Audition before I got to see them. Shit.

Curse Of the Werewolf ( 1961). Hammer's only Werewolf Film. they should have done more. Oliver Reed is very good in this. 7/10

kXnPunk wrote:

DEAR GOD NO! [2011]

All I can say is Oh god YES!!!

Sickest movie I've EVER seen is definitely this one. YET!!! Absolutely everything to satisfy the pure Grindhouse fan I am. Wow. Babes, Boobs, Blood, Guns plenty of them. Creatures are just badass. And Madeline Brumby RULES!!!

Fuck YES!!! That ruled.

666.666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Yummy time watching this.
VERY yummy.

I also really enjoyed this one.

Warm Bodies - surprisingly I enjoyed this one. Original, funny and above all highly entertaining.7/ 10

Hansel and Gretel : Witch Hunters - All around awesome movie. Great story, awesome set pieces and a good bit of blood and gore, plus Gretel is smokin hot. 9/10

the Ghost Adventures documentary that got the guys started.  Such a lovely film and the evidence they capture there is better than half the stuff they've collected throughout the series.

Damn Suspiria, I just can't wait to watch Handel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. Looks freaking cool.

Now it seems I'm TOTALLY addicted to the Dear God No! movie. 4rth time I watch it now. And worst of it is that I plan to watch it AGAIN. lol

LOOOVE full screen Boobs shots. Oh and Blood, Guns and Bikes too so this exploitation Grindhouse thing is perfect for me. I should stop though, it's getting INSANE!!! lol

Would You Rather (2012)

First part of them  movie is about Iris who as a sick brother and ends unknowingly agrees to compete in a deadly game of "Would You Rather," hosted by a sadistic aristocrat.

Not bad movie but it not a great movie either, is just the Average at
best

I not sure what to make of this movie, well it was not boring, it was
tad predicable, how I could tell who going to be last one left from the
start.

I didn't like the ending twist, also so so that coming.

I was still intruded how they were going to do torture scene some
scenes did look really pain full in this movie and one nasty.

Some of other seem a bit tame, this movie could have not more exacting

It's a bad movie, it has it good and bad faults and the acting I found it better then I thought it would be.

I going to give this movie 5 out of 10 rather then 4 or 6 out of 10 

I did see the trailer before seeing this movie,, which made movie a
little bit better then it is.

I think I am one of the few who actually disliked V/H/S/2 heavily. Everyone else seems to think it is better than the original. I couldn't call a single segment of that film a better one than the original.

Just my view though.

"Phantom of The Opera" (1962)hammer's version of the old classic. saw this ages ago and thought it was poor. saw it again last night and didn't think it was poor but not much better, average at best.still thinking the ending is poor though and rushed seems like they ran out of time and money.

I don't remember, but I know what I'm watching tomorrow!

What?  What?  Tell us!

I'm going to see WW Z!

No One Lives (2012)

I didn't even know about this movie until this morning, Saw trailer and looked great.

A gang of thugs who end up messing with the wrong person, as the person they kidnapped turn out to be a Psychopath.

Wow this movie actually flew by, it really well paced and never gets boring at all, I was actually clued to the screen most of the movie.

There one moment in the movie, that stick with me for few hours after the movie, gross but also in away It was kind of funny.

I loved some of death scenes in this movie, some of were very gruesomely gory at time.

The weakest part of this movie is the acting from most of the cast were not that good and dose effect some scenes in this movie but don't let that get in away. 

The rest of the movie is a lot of fun   

Great Slasher  8 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-06-21 18:52:53)

IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA [1955]

Nothing like a good classic and this one is just that. A great creature classic. Man LOVE old school stuff like this was.

666.666.666/10

Re watched Bride of Chucky for the first time in a long time. As ridiculous as this movie is I have always enjoyed it. Plus Jennifer Tilly is mad hot as per usual.

I just came back from the theatre watch World War Z