Topic: Masters of Horror 2

The first season was/is very poular. Not only in the US, but also in Europe. And like everything thats successful, also this series gets continued. You can find info about most of the new episodes here:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5913.html

Now also the first images went online. And they look very nice. Be sure to read our news here:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6057.html

Here in Austria half of the first series has been released on DVD and i really like it. OK, not all episodes. "Jenifer" for example sucks, but other titles like "Cigarette Burns" and "Dreams in the Witch House" rock. Alltogether they make a nice series for us fans, and when they release the second season here, i definitely will buy them too.

Last edited by MacReady (2006-06-23 14:53:00)

Re: Masters of Horror 2

So far I have only seen CHOCOLATE, HOMECOMING, CIGARETTE BURNS, INCIDENT ON AND OFF A MOUNTAIN ROAD and DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE.

So far (and it will probably stay that way) HOMECOMING is my favorite of the first season.  I got to see it when Showtime was doing a one week trial and I happened to tune in just as it started.  I will try to write a review for it over the weekend.

For the second set of movies, I am very excited about them.  The stills look cool already and it is hard to say which I wanna see the most from the lineup.  I really hope that they get Clive Barker, David Croenberg, and George A. Romero to do an episode sometime in the future.  Alexandre Aja would also be a fun choice I think.

Yeah for sure Clive Barker would be really cool!! But i cant wait to see the Takashi Miike movie!

Miike's one is superb, not as good as Homecoming, but pretty damn close.

Still sucks that the DVD's are all seperate, sure the box set wil be out soon though.

Canney wait for the new series to pop out.

A friend of mine in Australia mentioned that IMPRINT is completely screwed up.  He told me since I like the Cannibal films, IMPRINT would be up my alley on the F*CKED UP meter.

I don't mind they come seperatly Dean...get them faster smile  But, there will be a box set with maybe an extra disc or not.  Or maybe a collectable case for them.

Here is my review for Homecoming:  http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_1268.htm

The DVD art there is wrong I think.  This is the DVD art on Wikipedia's Masters of Horror page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Home … horror.jpg

Ha.. yea that is some strange artwork we have for the movie. Must be something Amazon is using just so you get an idea of what it will look like. As for the series I really like Incident On and Off A Mountain Road and Cigarette Burns.. Those episodes were great..

Yeah i just like cigarette burn from Carpenter.Think it was in the same mood than Mouth of Madness and for me its a movie ill never forget.Ho and if someone can tell me little reveiw of Sick girl i ll be pleased. The movie May just slap me in the face like a baseball bat.Think it was awesome.

Sick Girl hits DVD this Tuesday in the USA.  I can hopefully get it Wendsday and write a review later in the week.

I'll probably rent them.. Thats what I usually do.. Since Blockbuster get a special disc that includes both episodes with no features.. Lets me decide whether or not they are worth purchasing..

I buy them at Borders because they are knocked down in price to about $12 or $13...so it is worth getting at a lower price and since i have a coupon, knock one down further.

You should hit up Wal-Mart man.. They usually cost like $9 there.. Thats where I picked up the Masters DVD I bought..

I boycott Wal Mart for personal beliefs.  I go to Borders, I don't mind the price for new DVDs plus there is a cafe in it to get a nice frozen drink while I browse. 

For DVDs that have been out a while...Best Buy since they only cost $20 while movies that came out 2-3 years ago on DVD still cost $30 at Borders.  Though, sometimes I do get stuff at Borders since it is more conveint and they do have some gems in there.

I burned them all from "Scream" so I'm just waiting for Takashi Miike's "Imprint" to come out on DVD, since it was never aired. I hope it comes out as a single and not only in a box set or something.

My favorites are:
- Jenifer
- Cigarette Burns
- Haeckel's Tale
- Pick Me Up
- Dance of the Dead

Yea Miike's is coming out seperately.. Alot of people like to speculate and think that Anchor Bay is trying to give them the bone every chance they get.. I'm mad at them right now for switching up the artwork on the series so I won't be buying any until they revert back to the old art..

Thanks for the info Goon. And thats nuts they would change the artwork.

Indeed.  I sent an email to them asking about it.  I haven't gotten a response.  Goon what about yourself?

I realy want to see Homecoming, From what i undersatnd this episode is not that gory am i right?, Still its about zombies so i gotta check it out, BTW the zombies don't talk do they?.

Check out my review but there are some minor spoilers in it.  http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_1268.htm

The episode is not very gory, it has some blood but that is about it.  Basically the premise is that the dead soldiers who feel like they were killed for a lie come back to life to vote out the President.  That is all they want to do, once they vote...they expire permenantly. 

Only a couple zombies talk.  But they are like Silent Bob, when he says something...one should listen.

Yea.. I don't think they respond much to people's emails.. I haven't heard anything but than again they are big company and in light of whats happenning I bet they have a lot of e-mails to go through..