Topic: 'Tony Soprano' dies at the age of 51

James Gandolfini dies of a massive heart attack.

He was a good actor.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jam … cJRsvZ4Z4U

Re: 'Tony Soprano' dies at the age of 51

Absolutely some of the saddest news I've heard all year round.  I watch The Sopranos on an almost daily basis.  Truly breaks my heart to see him go and so young, still.  RIP

Damn that's one of the saddest news I've heard in a while.
Guy rocked. And he was about my age shit. So long buddy you were of of the top.

His character in 8MM is what I remember the most.
Aside Sppranos, of course.

Rest In Pieces bro, we'll see you someday maybe.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-19 23:55:14)

Saw this mentioned in the Totally Random thread.  A sad loss.  I've been a fan of the guy since I saw him in Get Shorty; I'm sure I'd seen him before, but that was the first movie from which I became aware of who he was, and have followed his stuff ever since.  Loved him in Sopranos, obviously, but also in his myriad smaller, character-driven roles.  The guy had presence and natural charisma.  He could play happy and jolly, or intense and focused, or intimidating and scary.  Not a lot of actors out there who can pull off all three convincingly.  And god, so young...he's only ten years older than I am. 

He'll definitely be missed. sad

I guess this puts an end to the Soprano movie. Not going to lie not a fan of the Soprano's but I am a fan of Jason. Another movie he came out in Crimson Tide with Denzle Washington .

the hard fact is you're never too young to die but R.I. P all the same.

They can still do a Sopranos movie, find Tony's murderer or something like that.  It could work.

Tony didn't die in the final episode, though.  It can be taken that way the way they shot it, with all the cuts from Tony's POV to other things going on around him then that final smash cut to black, but if you look at it from another perspective, it could also just be illustrating the fact that Tony, after all the evils he's done in his life, has had no catharsis, that he's going to spend the rest of his life paranoid and looking over his shoulder.  And when you take into consideration that series creator David Chase has been planning a movie for years -- and that it would have starred Gandolfini as Tony -- then obviously he didn't die in the last episode.

Not that it matters now, sadly.

R.I.P. James Gandolfini - such a shame to lose a talented actor so young. I can't believe he was only 51 man, that is too young.

But less important stuff, am I the only one who found the title of the thread a little insulting? Not personally of course, I mean to James himself.

I don't understand why he is called 'Tony Soprano' in the title. That's a character he played, it's not him. I know this is nit-picking because his name is mentioned in the first sentence, but it just got to me.

Ah, I wouldn't read too much into it, Scav.  As great an actor as he was, outside of his Sopranos fan base James Gandolfini wasn't exactly a household name.  It's a shame, but that's how it is.  If it had read "James Gandolfini dies at the age of 51" few people probably would have bothered checking the thread. hmm

And that Lon, is probably true. sad I did like James other work though, obviously Tony Soprano is one of his best roles, no doubt. He was even great in Killing Them Softly recently.

I'll repeat myself but 8MM was an insanely great performance. I think. But hey sometimes I go places others don't.

And the title is into brackets so...

When I die I wouldn't care if people call me the Evil Crazy Punk addicted to naked babes. lol

^^^ I agree, he was great in 8mm.  IMO he was the best thing about that flick.

^^^
Yeah, but the way it's shot too. He stole the show from Cage very well.