Re: Last horror movie you watched?

@KillerClown (too lazy to quote)
You can't see me (Go to hell John Cena!), but I'm nodding in agreement about Ms./Mrs.Tilly. She has made my <3 swoon ever since.

If I could create a Hall of Fame building, Bride of Chucky would be one of the first films inducted.

Jack Hills cult classic Spider Baby (1964/8)

I had only heard of this film due to Arrow Video's release. After I finished it it has become one of my favourite horror films of all time - in my top 10. The reason this has become one of my fav horror films is because of what I think is its very unique nature and feel. I can honestly say I have not watched as a unique or interesting a film for a long time, perhaps never before.

The cast in the film is equally intriguing however. It features a great Lon Chaney Jr performance who, here, stars in one of his very last films, a sexy Carl Ohmart (starred alongside Vincent Price in the original House on Haunted Hill) as a villainous female character, Sid Haig in one of his early film roles and additional good performances by the rest of the cast.

Good score by Ronald Stein and great cinematography by Alfred Taylor, also.

Overall I give this a 10/10!!!!!

^^^
Oh yeah man I totally agree with you, it's a phenomenal masterpiece.
The shots are incredibly beautiful and the acting is top notch.

Damn, now I gotta dig out my VHS copy. roll
And it's quite a job, got loads of them.

I can't seem to find my last post

I doing it's again then
No One Lives (2012)

I didn't even know about this movie until this morning, Saw trailer and looked great.

A gang of thugs who end up messing with the wrong person, as the person they kidnapped turn out to be a Psychopath.

Wow this movie actually flew by, it really well paced and never gets boring at all, I was actually clued to the screen most of the movie.

There one moment in the movie, that stick with me for few hours after the movie, gross but also in away It was kind of funny.

I loved some of death scenes in this movie, some of were very gruesomely gory at time.

The weakest part of this movie is the acting from most of the cast were not that good and dose effect some scenes in this movie but don't let that get in away.

The rest of the movie is a lot of fun   

Great Slasher  8 out of 10

Detention of the Dead (2012)  Not that bad a bit better then I thought it would be.

This movie mixed of Detention meet Dance of the Dead , 

The movie dose not take to long to get going and there are some very funny moment that made
me laugh out loud.

He got normal dentenion group, Jock guys, hot cheerleader, goth girl, Drug guy and Nerd guy all
in Detention.

Also guys come to seem to feel unwell and then hell break lose of cause

There were some silly over the tops here and there and some of the jokes can go on bit long, but it got laughing.

Some part of the movie are little boring for zombie there, Didn't really do much and sit and talk few room, which I could not case less about.

It did start bit gory but as the movie went the zombie deaths seem to less bloody not really really that gory.

I give 4.8 out of 10,   It made laugh,, I just round it's off to 5 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-06-23 08:23:07)

Detention and Dance of the Dead mixed together, I can get on board with that.  I'll check it out, thank you!

Carrie 1976

Got done watching I Saw the Devil for the first time, and if I am being honest, that has to be one of the best movies I have ever saw. I think it is that good.

I'll write up a review later, but it is seriously one of the best movies I ever saw.

COUNTESS DRACULA [1971]

Definitely my favorite Hammer flick with Black Sabbath.
And man, INGRID PITT woooooo yeah baby. Always been a fan of Bathory, she fascinates me and I truely worship her. And in this thingy, everything is much more than perfect. Insane acting, insane story, insane cinematography. One of my all times favorites.

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

THE BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW [1971]

Another very fun one. Damn I love blood and boobs, way too much. What am I saying, never enough boobs. lol
What I truely love in these old school ones is not only the photography which is just too sublime but also the tenebrous atmosphere and tension. You FEEL the fear and I love it. Fear is my friend... big_smile

666.666.666/10

World War Z, and it's quite the ride!

First image that comes in my head with World War Z is Brad Pitt.
Brad Pitt is quite the ride??? Mwahahaha

Vasquez wrote:

Jack Hills cult classic Spider Baby (1964/8)

I had only heard of this film due to Arrow Video's release. After I finished it it has become one of my favourite horror films of all time - in my top 10. The reason this has become one of my fav horror films is because of what I think is its very unique nature and feel. I can honestly say I have not watched as a unique or interesting a film for a long time, perhaps never before.

The cast in the film is equally intriguing however. It features a great Lon Chaney Jr performance who, here, stars in one of his very last films, a sexy Carl Ohmart (starred alongside Vincent Price in the original House on Haunted Hill) as a villainous female character, Sid Haig in one of his early film roles and additional good performances by the rest of the cast.

Good score by Ronald Stein and great cinematography by Alfred Taylor, also.

Overall I give this a 10/10!!!!!

I watched it not to long ago for the first time as well. While I may not have loved quite as much as you, I was astounded at the originality and uniqueness of the film. It hardly even feels like a horror film to be honest. Great fun overall though!

to me not really a horror film but saw "Frozen" last night. unconvincing premise, but had some suspenseful moments, and a couple of moments to make you wince. 6/10.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-06-23 04:05:31)

Torture Garden (1967).

I know most people think it's not very good but I like it.

10/10 for sheer vintage appeal.  Love the last story too.

Dead Before Dawn (2012 ) 

I didn't not expect that at all, I found this movie very funny a bit to funny and I laughing number of times this movie, yes some of it seem silly at times but very funny.

I loved the plots of the movie, great idea spoof Zombie and Demon

The plot: a group of kids unleash a horrible zombie-demon ("zemon") curse on a small town. Everyone who makes eye contact with the kids kills themselves and comes back as a zemon, bent on killing the kids by giving them hickeys

It; was really fun and very enjoyable fast moving movie and really enjoyed how come people kill them self in this movie before they turn into Zemons.

Some of kills scenes is movie were very funny in this movie and there few splatters moment in this movie aswell but I think could done more gory deaths thought  then they were.

The acting was really decent, It hard to tell if they pretend to play dump in some scene.

I wasn't really happy how the movie came to a end, it kind of feel bit cheated by and in the last scene  of the movie is very predicable

I enjoyed most of the movie before the 10 minutes I may i rated higher but it still get decent 6 out of 10

kXnPunk wrote:

COUNTESS DRACULA [1971]

And man, INGRID PITT woooooo yeah baby. Always been a fan of Bathory, she fascinates me and I truely worship her. And in this thingy, everything is much more than perfect. Insane acting, insane story, insane cinematography. One of my all times favorites.

Another very fun one. Damn I love blood and boobs, way too much. What am I saying, never enough boobs. lol
What I truely love in these old school ones is not only the photography which is just too sublime but also the tenebrous atmosphere and tension. You FEEL the fear and I love it. Fear is my friend... big_smile

666.666.666/10

errr.... hope you don't mind Punk but Black Sabbath was a fantastic Film of Mario Bava's not Hammer.by the way Punk did i ever mention to you that i met Ingrid Pitt three times. lovely lady.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-06-23 13:40:40)

World War Z!!!!!!

kXnPunk wrote:

COUNTESS DRACULA [1971]

666.666.666/10

Speaking of blood and boobs...I watched Twins of Evil again a few days ago.  Love Peter Cushing's performance as the evil witch finder.  Only Hammer could successfully mix devil worship and Vampires.

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2013-06-23 14:16:28)

wolfman1959 wrote:

errr.... hope you don't mind Punk but Black Sabbath was a fantastic Film of Mario Bava's not Hammer.by the way Punk did i ever mention to you that i met Ingrid Pitt three times. lovely lady.

Oh I don't mind at all, but I still stick it into Hammer. Even if I know it's Bava. Same style to me. And as for Ingrid, I'm jealous.

Master Horror wrote:

Torture Garden (1967).

I know most people think it's not very good but I like it.

10/10 for sheer vintage appeal.  Love the last story too.

Loved it, an overlooked classic anthology.

The Purge 6/10
If I had made the film I would have focused less on the boring family and more  on the yuppie sociopaths doing strange things out in the yard with the family watching from the windows... Overall a slow boring start on characters I didn't really like or empathize for .  The concept was original and the killers were a highlight.  A decent movie .

The Frozen 2012 7/10
After a harrowing snowmobile accident, a young couple is stranded in the woods and must survive while waiting for help to arrive. Events take a turn for the worse after the disappearance of Emma's boyfriend, leaving her on her own not only to battle the elements, but also to elude a mysterious hunter who is tracking her through the forest.

I really liked this movie . I mean the chick was a class A b*tch and I still felt sorry for her.. so that tells you a lot about  the directing and screenplay.   Lots of creepy sightings in the woods that seem to be odd and make no sense. But once the ending arrives it all falls into place- definitely one of those films where you appreciate it for all its worth on the 2nd viewing..

World War Z    9/10
one word  : Awesome !!

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2013-06-23 23:31:04)

Demon Knight right now. Man I wish this movie was out on blu ray.

Watched Maniac 1980 for the first time. I didn't mind it, but I think I liked the re make better. I am going to have to give both another watch

Halloween 4 and 5

Watched Halloween a couple of days ago.
Halloween 2 today.
Now I'm starting the 3rd.