Topic: Phantasm - what do you like about Phantasm?

Just what do you realy like about the Phantasm movies? Besides horndog Reggie lol.

I like the story premise of a spooky really tall man coming to your town to take over the world or whatever turning people into  flying silver balls or weird midget monks.

Re: Phantasm - what do you like about Phantasm?

My all-time favorite Horror series smile I love them all with 2 being the best IMO, but all are amazing in their own way. I dig them for the strange concept and the whole cemetery/funeral home setting and how they masterfully blend Horror with Sci-Fi and Action.

Personally I thought the first film (the only one I have watched) is AWFULL.

Here's why.

1. Terrible acting.
2. I didnt find The 'Tall Man' scary whatsever.
3. The fact that a kid would spy on his ilder brother having sex - Seriously this kid has mental issues.
4. Overall I found it VERY slow paced and just boring.

Its also weird that the Tall Man being evil he does double duty acting all nice to some people when someone in their family dies like in Phantam II with the grandfather and the priest going psycho.

He's nice and then later on he's back being evil Tall man with the silver balls and the human slaves along with the weird midget monks.

There are several reasons I like the Phantasm series:

1) The Tall Man is creepy.
2) The flying orb is just too cool.
3) I think the atmosphere of the film is spooky.

I have only seen the first one, but I absolutely love it. It's a great coming of age story about accepting death. But it also has many weird elements that I love in horror movies. The living disembodied finger that turns into a giant fly is just awesome. The Tall Man's voice is just great, like Christopher Lee, even just a few words from his commanding baritone voice is enough to turn heads. Overall it has great creepy atmosphere, that doesn't rely on jump scares or gore. That and it's just fun, not to serious. Great, great movie.

The sequels are definitely worth seeing if you liked the original, especially 2. 2 is amazing.

the balls  cool and the little jawa-like demons

Those flying balls , they have plenty of uses

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l131/beatngu503/phantasm-ball-456.gif

Constructive face surgery
http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/phantasm3_shot3abl.jpg

Used as boobs.
http://brettratnerourfavoritedirector.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/phantasm4a-1.jpg

Replace the brain
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/n-z/phantasm4/phantasm4_shot5l.jpg

Last edited by fmvgamer (2013-06-24 07:59:05)

The tall man says Boooooooooooy.

Last edited by BubRub (2013-06-24 07:33:23)

everything about the movies are awesome!

The weirdness, the car, the story and most of all the Tall Man.

What I like about Phantasm is just the surreal dream like quality they have to them. The dwarf creatures are unique and nothing like I'd ever seen before and it created one of the best horror villians ever in cinema, the Tall Man.

There is so much more to be mentioned but I think the films speak for themselves.

Last edited by AClockworkOrange71 (2013-06-24 22:00:51)

Also another thing is that     all of the Phantasm movies make you think that maybe the younger brother dreamt it all and was afraid of losing his big brother or even Reggie if they died in a car crash.

It all started with that one mustache dude friend of Jody and Reggie.

at the end of Phantasm 1 and the very beginning of PHantasm II, even if Jody died in a car crash supposedly then how do we know if Jody really died in a car crash or whatever.