Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Shakespeare in Love

Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert at the O2

I finished the night rewatching this for so many times and I still dig it like crazy.

LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER [2001]

Now this is the PERFECT action movie. Not the best of them but still perfect. And woah Angie is just badass in this. Some extremely punchy lines very funny too, great acting, Craig is nice so are all Lara's team and Powell and his assistant too. And damn wild that Angie's real father played her father in this. Woot??? The FX are so damn great and I freaking love the combat practice Robot, he RULES!!!

Yup an extremely kick ass flick that is great to rewatch once in a while.

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-23 07:16:30)

Iron Sky

That's What I Am

Dredd 9/10

Dead Man Down. It was ok. I like Noomi Rapace and Colin Farrell is always nice to look at at...

Timecrimes

Man of Steel.  Story's all over the place, Henry Caville certainly LOOKS like Superman but lacks even Brandon Routh's nominal charisma, and the action's straight out of a Transformers movie; there's plenty of it but it's so CGI-heavy and shaky-cammed that half the time you can't even tell what's supposed to be going on.  Throw in some major lapses in logic and plausibility (some dude appears on TV saying he's an alien and there's one of his kin on the planet and if he doesn't surrender he'll destroy the earth, and people just accept it without question?) and it's way overlong.  The best thing about it is Kevin Costner, but you don't watch a Superman movie for the guy playing Pa Kent.  Big disappointment for me.  I'd go 5/10, being generous.

More like Man of Sucks.

SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT [1977] rewatch

Now this is probably one of my all time favorite flick of all times. I grew up watching this and rewatched it about a BILLION times. Everything is just perfect. Hot cars, hot trucks, EXTREMELY HOOOT Sally Field and funny as mad Burt Reynolds. Damn I looove this movie. Been a while I didn't watch it so I got my VHS out last night and enjoyed it as much as EVERY time I see it. BRAVO!!!

Gotta dig the amazing Trans-Am, man this car is so freaking KICK ASS!!!

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

http://blog.powerblocktv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/511.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-25 06:21:07)

I have the Star Wars Complete Saga Blu Ray box set which is all 6 movies and 3 discs of bonus features...the third bonus disc has all these documentaries and the one I'm watching is The Making of Star Wars (a new hope).

^^^
I have the DVD set of this and the bonus features are awesomely cool.

People can give George Lucas crap for a lot of things but the DVD releases, and blu ray, have been out-frigging-standing

The Avengers: Even after watching it several times now, it's still a blast to watch.

FAIR GAME [2010] rewatch

What an impressive political one this is. Naomi Watts and Sean Penn are so damn perfect in this it's nuts. And as it's based on a true story, it's even wilder. What a crazy governement the USA have, insane even.
And man, Naomi plays her CIA girl so damn freaking well, I haven't seen her play ANYTHING badly, she's brilliant. A very nice to start the night watch that was. Damn I love my TV channels that show me great stuff as this.

666.666/10

Re watched a couple of awesome movies yesterday.

LA Confidential and Godfather part 1 and am about half way through Godfather part 2. I have to say time well wasted

Last edited by KillerClown (2013-06-26 14:20:19)

Kill The Irishman

A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS [1964] rewatch

Another great Western classic that I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times I watched it. Great story as usual with the king of old school Westerns, mister Leone. And man, Clint Eastwood is freaking brilliant. But the best is definitely the lovely Marianne Koch. Wonderful she is.

666.666.666/10

Killing Them Softly

Re watched Good Will Hunting. I didn't mind the movie, but I really couldn't take Matt Damon serious in this role. I really think it would have been better with someone else.

Norh By Northwest

Rampart

Watching The Shawshank Redemption right now over lunch!!!

Stone Cold (1991).  I've been on a 90s action flick kick lately.  It's been years since I'd seen it, and the flick actually serves as a reminder to a pretty bad incident while I was in the service; some buddies and I were watching this on video in the barracks when a soldier returning with his squad from a funeral detail opened fire in our quad.  Killed one soldier, wounded several others.  It happened during a gunfight in the movie and at first we thought, wow, this new surround sound is great!  Then the shooting in the film stopped and we realized there was very real gunfire going on outside.

At any rate.  Decent action flick, and while Brian Bosworth does a good enough job in the lead, his hair-do was the real star of the show. lol

Red Lights