Re: MLB 2013 Thread

The Red Sox are not supposed to be good this year... but I'm OK with it.

^^
They have the best record in MLB right now.

The planets must be aligned.

I am having some issues with my team currently they have won 3 games in a row for the first time this year, rough season so far.

Dang, down two now Az. sad

I always root for the Red Sox even though they don't always do well, they started out with a bang though so that's nice.  Yesterday sucked for baseball.  The Tigers game was postponed and the Blue Jays pitcher almost died sad that was really scary to see and I hope he's alright....I read he was released from the hospital but what scares me is how head injuries can show up after a week or so like Liam Neeson's wife or the guy from the winter X Games this year who died a week later.

And the Giants pull out a 10th inning win.
So you're only on the hook for 100 TTs, Alien.

I don't know if it's just me, but baseball is more exciting this year than the previous few years.  Between internet and paying for too many sports channels, I see almost every hockey and baseball game in the whole league and this year for baseball (and hockey) there's just more excitement.

azathoth wrote:

And the Giants pull out a 10th inning win.
So you're only on the hook for 100 TTs, Alien.

Well at least the Giants managed, barely, to salvage one game of the series and save me 200 TTs. smile
I know this was the only time that Philly was going to be in SF Az, but I don't recall if the Giants make a trip back to Philly this season.

^^
End of July.

^Well here's to hoping that the Giants can return the favor come the end of July. smile

Padres are doing a bit better than I figured, which ain't saying much.

I sure miss living in San Diego, CA: hanging out at the ball park all day with friends, eating a hot dog n sipping a brew, the smell of the ball park, hoping to catch a foul or HR ball.

Lon, Phils and Reds start tomorrow.  You up for 100 TTs a game.

The Red Sox are kicking ass! About time they make something happen.

The Phils play the RSox later on.

halos on quite the roll winning 7 games in a row by scoring 54 runs and giving up 18.

Padres are playing some good ball as of late. Some of the young players have been a key. Currently in 3rd place, and have won 7 straight.

Last edited by Underdog (2013-06-21 09:35:51)

The Red Sox and Tigers series is awesome so far.  Tigers are trailing by just a couple right now but given how last night turned out, anything can happen at any time!

Padres take on the Phils, starting today. Az, you up for 500 per game, and 100 for the series?

i'm interested to see if the jays can make franchise history with 12 wins in a row i'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can. They're playing the rays in tampa

I'm down with the Dog.

Rubber match for Padres-Phils tonight.

Yup...yup...GL!

Finally managed to catch a game on TV day before yesterday.  Reds were down 1-0 to Arizona at the top of the 9th until Jay Bruce cracked a two-run homer.  Then closer Alrodis Chapman (world's fastest pitch, 106 mph) walked the first four batters in the bottom of the 9th, then gave up the game-winning single.  Yeesh.

Still, Cincie's third in the NLC so far, only two games behind the number one spot.

The jays are finally looking like a good team and if they keep playing like they are they could even make playoffs! big_smile