Topic: RIP Richard Matheson

A great Horror author passed away today.  He was 87.  Richard Matheson gave us an incredible body of work including some of my favourite movies of all time... Last Man on Earth, Legend of Hell House, The Devil Rides Out, Stir of Echoes, Duel, Trilogy of Terror, Several episodes of Twilight Zone including Nightmare at 20,000 feet, Several episodes of Rod Serling's Night Gallery, Kolchak the Night Stalker Movies, and even wrote many of the Roger Corman movies based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe.

What a legacy of Horror to leave behind. Thank you Richard Matheson for all the great stories and nightmares.

Re: RIP Richard Matheson

His wiki page.  I am sure you will recognize almost all of his work...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Matheson

Very sad, indeed.  RIP to a very, very talented man who brought us decades worth of entertainment.  RIP.

A true genre master, this guy.  I've loved his work for years, especially Hell House and its film adaptation Legend of Hell House (screenplay also by Matheson).  I Am Legend was one of the first horror books I ever read, and was Romero's inspiration for Night of the Living Dead. 

Tremendous author, quite prolific in film and television as well.  Sorry he's passed away, but damn, what a legacy to leave behind.

I remember when we were doing The Legend of Hell House for a Movie Night we spent a fair bit of time talking about him.  I think my first film of his was The Last Man on Earth (1964) with Vincent Price.  Good stuff.
RIP

Ahhh Very sad news. Another talented one left us. RIP man and thanks for what you've done.

This is very sad news. Richard Matheson is one of my favourite horror writers, Hell House especially is a favourite of mine. Also what he has done for horror cinema, and television is outstanding. A true pioneer, he will be sorely missed.

so many good memorable films were created from this man's work.The Legend Of Hell House, the three films based on I Am Legend, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Somewhere In Time, so much t v stuff and so much more. R I P to a giant of the genre.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-06-26 14:23:27)