Topic: Friday the 13th sequel.

Looks like it's a go.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32377 … um=twitter

Re: Friday the 13th sequel.

Let's do it!

Been waiting for what seems like forever for a sequel to be approved. Hopefully it's done right with a huge body count and a lot of practical gore effects. big_smile

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4Bx1QZQTbsQ/TfrUV0pjTWI/AAAAAAAAAM0/wNkTzLi6h-Q/s1600/friday_13th_2.jpg

??????????????????????????

Cautiously optimistic...

I'm down. The remake felt about on par with the earlier ones to me, despite the needless "celebrity" names involved.

God please, just leave the franchise alone!

Go work on some new ideas! I know! It seems crazy to actually brainstorm and come up with a new horror movie series and not milk old ones to death...but please!

^^^^Everything has been done before. Everything is just a retelling of some other story. I'm guessing that's why comic book movies are popular right now. I'm a fan of the old movies anyways. I hate movies for the most part now ah days. They looks so ugly and just eh. Movies are for young people imo.

I have no problem with thw new series to jason only because I thought the franchise sucked for the most part. I thought the first one was pretty good. It let me have a little respect for jason. Is it me or is Jason the joke of the horror world.

I've always wanted a sort of Friday the 13th H20 film, where Jason and Tommy (reprised by Corey Feldman) battle it out for one last time or something of the lines like that. Oh well who do you guys want the director be?

Also as much as I like Kane Hodder I hope Derek Mears reprises the role as Jason. I've always thought he played a pretty good Jason Voorhees imo.

^ If I was honest, I'd love some of the younger directors to get a shot at directing a Friday movie. Let me get this straight, I don't want another sequel but since we are I'd love someone like James Wan or Ti West to direct it.

I think they could do something good with it, if given a chance.

Jason vs. Michael?
Yes,no?

I'm not really high on the franchise but if they want to bring Jason back to the silver screen, they have to do something different. I don't know what the hell that story would be, it just needs to stand out from the other films. Like REALLY stand out.

Edit - @hellrat
Since many were pissed at the recent Halloween adventures, I'd sit on that idea for a little bit longer.

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-06-14 21:44:20)

I would like to see a darker Friday the 13th.  More violence, more psychological and less boobies (love the boobs but good horror can make way w/o it)

Just like seeing Voorhees on the Big screen. Don't really care about quality. The movies have been bad since Jason goes to Hell. Still love the series though.

I have ZERO expectations for it, but I'll watch it anyways..probably on opening weekend.  the Friday series is my fav. of the big 3 or 4 or 5...anyways..the classics.

It won't be the worst and it won't be the best.

if it's anything like the first remake/ re boot please don't bother!

I completely loathed the '09 remake so I have no interest at all in this.  I'd rather them take the money they're going to needlessly waste on a sequel and make a new, original horror film instead.

I think Jason has just run his course now, along with Michael and Leatherface too.

We need new horror icons, and we won't get much as long as we keep leeching off the old ones.

yeah, but the thing is...there gonna do it, whether we want it or not..it'll get done.

I wasn't a fan of the remake either.
I have a problem when the acting is horrible. And my god was it horrible.
Find better actors and i may enjoy the sequel.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ If I was honest, I'd love some of the younger directors to get a shot at directing a Friday movie. Let me get this straight, I don't want another sequel but since we are I'd love someone like James Wan or Ti West to direct it.

If Ti West directed a Friday the 13th movie it would be nothing but a small group of teens wondering around a dark cabin for 80 minutes, then Jason would show up for the last ten minutes and we would be given three completely off screen kills; then the credits would roll and all the fan boys would be talking about how great it was just because it has Ti West name attached to the damn thing. Sorry for the rant, Just my opinion, but if Ti West never made another horror film again I would be more than content.

Now if Adam Wingard or Adam Green could get there hands on it, it would be the most badass Friday the 13th yet.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-08-22 18:28:59)

^
Hahahahahaha! I agree entirely with you about Ti West, I'd even venture that he'd prolly focus on the weeds around the cabin and focus on there growth for the first 50 or so minutes. There's slow burn and then there's Ti.

If anyone should direct the next Jason outing it should be Wan, the guy is singlehandedly keeping horror in the mainsteam and doing a bloody good job too. He's in no way the saviour of the genre and I've never rated any of his films above a 7/10 and he has no idea how to conclude a film, as evidenced in his latest film, 'The Conjuring' but he's a one man army of late and he's a master of the start and middle of horror films and he's the best mainstream horror director working today so... Jason, here's Wan, Wan, meet Jason...

Suspiria_89 wrote:
Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Adam Green could get there hands on it, it would be the most badass Friday the 13th yet.

Lol you named a worse horror director than me. It should be the eighth wonder of the world how Adam Green managed to end up as a director. What his Friday movie be like, his Hatchet work? Every cliché known to the genre? Great! Because you know...his Hatchet stuff is so incredible.

Sorry for the rant, but the dude is one of the worst directors in the industry, let alone the damn horror genre.

Here's a novel idea,how about the director of  the original movie (Sean S. Cunningham the director  of the original Friday the 13th) direct the  reboot sequel?

Last edited by hellrat (2013-08-22 18:53:26)

It would be nice hellrat but I think he's retired.