Topic: "Side Effects"

In this movie the killers psychiatrist continues to treat her even in the Govt. mental hospital where she is committed to after  the killing. I think that this is incorrect because in reality she would be treated by the institutes psychiatrist and not by an outside psychiatrist. I don't think that he would have any say or authority in her treatment once she has been committed there by the courts.

Re: "Side Effects"

I know this isn't a part of your post, but it isn't a horror movie.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I know this isn't a part of your post, but it isn't a horror movie.

So I guess that this movie would probably be classified as a thriller then ?  Another movie that I saw "Call,the", that for sure is a horror movie because it didn't make sense, lol . After the killings the children went into a film reel .

So what classifies a movie as being a "horror" as opposed to just a "thriller" ? To be a horror movie does it have to contain non realistic elements , along with the blood and violence ?

^^
This subject has been hashed to pieces here.  I think we ended up agreeing on a horror film's main premise is to scare the audience.  You could also have a horror-thriler, say something like Nightwatch (1997).  Then you have something like The Tall Man (2011), which sounds like it's going to be horror, then isn't.

There's really no hard and fast rules as to where things get labeled.  Since I haven't seen Side Effects, I can't give an opinion on it.