Re: Stanley Cup 2013

Ahhh Gimme Shelter, what a song. Very cool Ghostseeker, thanks.
I saw it though, that's HNIC I've been watching all the time. Since I'm a kid as a matter of fact. big_smile

^ I figured you had probably seen it.  smile

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Well, a group of friends create ESPN accounts and you get a team where you can pick your players and how they do in real life translates to points (Plus/minus, goals, assists) and you play to win the league (it's a free one so no money).  The draft part is fun at the beginning, too because they pick an order and you have to get the perfect team before others get your players.  It's really fun and I only do it with friends so no douchebags.

I've been playing fantasy baseball & football for well over 10 yr now. What can I say; I'm a sports nut! The thing I enjoy about it is that it's,  fun, competitive, and it keeps you closer to the sport.

Then I hope you join, again, it's still months away but planting the seeds now. 

I would like to keep this thread going into next season and what not, is it possible to change the name of it or should we create a new one?

Anyways, the NHL awards are this Sunday! I'm so excited to watch it and not only see the awards, but see who gets the cover of NHL 14.

That'll be a first for me but I sure wanna try it, looks like fun.

And yes, sunday's awards will be cool. Hopefully Hawks amazing goalie Crawford will get some recognition for his great play.

A bit late to the party, but wow what a series!  I almost wished it had gone to a game seven.  I was happy that Chicago won it, they were definitely the best team all season, but I wouldn't have been upset if Boston had managed to pull it out somehow.  Still surprised the way that they totally dominated the Pens.

And I gotta say that as much as I dislike the Red Wings, they really are a classy team and franchise.  To see them smiling and offering honest congratulations to the Black Hawks during the handshakes, and after a brutal hard fought series, is a real lesson in sportsmanship for fans like myself who sometimes get overzealous.  Then to hear Scotty Bowman talking after the victory, 13 Cups and counting, just a class act.  I wish that the Avs had a guy like that running the show.

Matt, if the numbers allow it, count me in.  That sounds like a lot of fun.

Scotty is definitely a true LEGEND. The guy is one of the best coaches around. Sure wish there were more like him.

My friend, you are in!

Scotty Bowman was the best coach the Red Wings ever saw and it's nice to see him still kicking butt.  A true legend.  The Avs haven't been a solid team since that rivalry they had with Red Wings in the late 90s (my friends never heard of those fights, I youtubed it for them and now they watch it once a week to get pumped up haha)

The BEST FIGHT EVER was the Canadians-Nordiques Good Friday one. INSANE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veX55rLYAgQ

OH DAMN H3LL YEAH BABY!!!
I'm very glad that NHL 14 game cover is my Hockey idol, the great and extremely good goalie from my Devils, sir Martin Brodeur power.

Been a while they haven't put a goalie so I'm really happy that they chose the best one of them all.

Just hope that next year the team will play good unlike this season.

He's got the record for the most games without allowing any goals. He ROCKS and is an extremely cool guy. Met him and he's extremely cool. Way to go buddy. big_smile

Go Brodeur GO!!!

Happy Brodeur is on the cover! About time we get a goalie!

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Then I hope you join, again, it's still months away but planting the seeds now. 

I would like to keep this thread going into next season and what not, is it possible to change the name of it or should we create a new one?

Anyways, the NHL awards are this Sunday! I'm so excited to watch it and not only see the awards, but see who gets the cover of NHL 14.

You could offer a sacrifice to one of the Mod's to make it a sticky. lol

And not anyone of them but THE BEST of them all.

In my opinion of course. lol

kXnPunk wrote:

And not anyone of them but THE BEST of them all.

In my opinion of course. lol

And which would that be? tongue lol

Some Quebecker... big_smile

We do have 11 pages from just this run at the Stanley Cup so certainly I'm sure they could make it sticky.  I'll have a talk with Goon or JMH aboot it.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Holy H3LL man, first thread I create that gets so many pages. I wouldn't even have noticed if you had not mentioned it. lol

I do miss the way the games were back in 70-80s I gotta admit but this last series made me see that there is still some amazing like in the old times Hockey played today. Hawks Bruins games were full of crazy badass plays. And it makes the insanely addicted fan of the Ice sport very happy.

But Lafleur, the Stasny bros, Gretzky, Orr, Hull, Clarke, Esposito and Dryden have a very special place in my heart. smile

Can't wait for next season.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-30 05:24:44)

DAMN I'M EXTREMELY PISSED!!!
Kovalchuck retires from the NHL to go back to Russia in a team called Ska. Yo man, wake up, Ska isn't a team, it's a style of music and dance bastard. Dude said no to 70 millions of dollars. He must have missed his country like mad really. Doesn't look good for my Devils next year. Unless they got some great players in the recruiting thingy a few weeks back. Ahh well what can I do really, not much aside SCREAM in anger. sad

Ska is one of my favorite genres, REEL BIG FISH!!!!  but yeah, lots of trades and retires in the off season so far.  Happy Bergeron and Rask stayed with Boston.

Yeah I love Ska too. Ska Punk especially but Reel Big Fish are amazing.

We had an insanely good Quebec Ska Punk band here called Me, Mom and Morgentaler and saw them a few times live too. They are insanely great.

ME, MOM AND MORGENTALER-OH WELL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPc1X8kfS7E

But yes, they HAD to keep Bergeron. He's THE one behind the Bruins.