Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Shining

WIND CHILL [2007] rewatch

Always loved this movie and it happens to show on TV now. Cool.
There's some very nice scenes in this like when she climbs in the electric wires pole. And the entities in the woods at the end. And a lot more. Snow always gives beautiful images, the colors are sharper and the dude used it efficiently. But Emily Blunt, damn I love her, she's absolutely wonderful and Ashton Holmes are fantastic, I love their relation. Pretty creepy little movie with a very nice soundtrack. What a great story.
Yup one to see. More than once.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-29 22:15:48)

Hansel and Gretel Get Baked

^^^
Man I GOTTA SEE THIS!!! Absolutely.

That does sound rather epic!

Friday the 13th V - Netflix late night pick.

Rawhead Rex (1986)

Expected it to be better. Mostly a lousy movie, with Rawhead Rex himself just being an uninteresting, stupid brute with no substance. Seriously, why were people pledging allegiance to this mindless demon? You could just have ran away! I think with demons I always expect some kind of cunning evil, but nope, here it was just the (admittedly cool looking) ugly demon running around Ireland aimlessly.

Virtually no plot and the ending was stupid, but I'll go easy on it because I have a thing for cheesy movies like this...

4/10

ANGUISH [1987]

INSANE movie in which you watch a movie in a theater and then all the stories connect together but everything is just so strange weird and crazy with all these gruesome effects. And the Psycho woman is freaking way too out of this world.
Interesting little piece of spanish Horror.

9/10

Ghostseeker wrote:

Hansel and Gretel Get Baked

LOL!  Never heard of that one! Gotta check it out!

I watched THE SHINING this morning! Great way to start off a wonderful, lazy Sunday.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's Johnny!

It is women who love horror. Gloat over it. Feed on it. Are nourished by it. Shudder and cling and cry out-and come back for more. ~ Bela Lugosi~

Circus of Horrors (1960)

Nice british horror movie that came out in the same year as the masterpieces Psycho, Eyes Without A Face, Black Sunday and Peeping Tom but obviously never got the same recognition. Kinda understandable since it is nowhere near as good as these titles but it is still a solid horror movie worth a watch, especially with its cast of quite beautiful women, a good performance by the central character and an interesting appearance by a youngish Donald Pleasance in a minor role.

Overall a 8/10.

Chomper wrote:

Rawhead Rex (1986)

Expected it to be better. Mostly a lousy movie, with Rawhead Rex himself just being an uninteresting, stupid brute with no substance. Seriously, why were people pledging allegiance to this mindless demon? You could just have ran away! I think with demons I always expect some kind of cunning evil, but nope, here it was just the (admittedly cool looking) ugly demon running around Ireland aimlessly.

Virtually no plot and the ending was stupid, but I'll go easy on it because I have a thing for cheesy movies like this...

4/10

Try watching it again with an MST3K mindset and it gets a lot more entertaining.  Because you're right -- it's not a "good" movie by any stretch at all.  But it's so bad overall that if you approach it with the proper mindset, it's a total blast. lol

The Purge - Loved the premise, but I was ultimately disappointed. It had a decent level of intensity for as predictable as it was. Meh.

LoudLon wrote:

Try watching it again with an MST3K mindset and it gets a lot more entertaining.  Because you're right -- it's not a "good" movie by any stretch at all.  But it's so bad overall that if you approach it with the proper mindset, it's a total blast. lol

Wish that I watched it with friends, this would have been perfect for that. But yeah, it was very corny and that's generally what I like. I had totally different expectations though (maybe because Clive Barker wrote it, I think?) It was weird seeing a horror set in Ireland, though. Apart from this movie I think the only other horror I've seen based there is Shrooms, off the top of my head. I live there up in Northern Ireland, but it was still amusing.

kXnPunk wrote:

ANGUISH [1987]

INSANE movie in which you watch a movie in a theater and then all the stories connect together but everything is just so strange weird and crazy with all these gruesome effects. And the Psycho woman is freaking way too out of this world.
Interesting little piece of spanish Horror.

9/10

The great Zelda Rubinstein, better known for her role in the Poltergeist films.  Hard to track down, but a good one indeed.  Those with eye issues need not watch.  wink

The Haunting of Helena aka Fairytale (2012) - From the trailers and press it looked like a better movie than it was.  A couple of creepy moments but nothing to write home about.  Just okay.  2.5/5.

The Original The Crazies (1973) by Romero

A solid film that I actually like very slightly better than Dawn of The Dead. I think the recent remake is a better film however. The scenes I enjoyed most was when you see the Army make a complete cluster-fuck of the situation.

Overall 7/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-07-01 11:28:25)

100 Bloody Acres (2012).  Enjoyably quirky and often laugh-out-loud funny Australian splatter comedy, about two brothers who run a blood-and-bone fertilizer company whose chief ingredient is bodies they find in car wrecks in the Australian outback.  This time, however, they pick up some live hitchhikers to fill their first big order, and things go from bad to worse -- for the victims, AND the two brothers.  Plenty of laughs, offbeat characters and enough gore to please the red-meat-and-ketchup crowd.  Fans of Wolf Creek will probably enjoy a cameo by that film's psycho killer as a friendly motorcycle cop.  And be sure to stay 'til after the credits.  8/10

^^^
Sounds wicked.

DREAMS FOR SALE [2012]

Back to my love of Asian Horror with this cool one featuring my lovely Rena Tanaka. I was so pissed when she died I almost wanted to shut it off. But I'm glad I didn't. Beautiful cinematogray like usual from Japoan. Pretty damn nice and entertaining storyline and discussions.

Man, I wnna live in Japan so much... Someday... Someday...

666.666.666/10

PIT AND THE PENDULUM [1961] rewatch

Man, Vincent Price, John Kerr and the fabulously sublime Barbara Steele. Oh yeah. But the most amazing is the shoots so perfectly gorgeous. Extremely Diabolical atmosphere. An awesome classic.
Full of LOVE for this one!!!

666.666.666.666/10

^Love The Pit and the Pendulum. A favorite.

v/h/s 2 - Meh. Nothing great here. The zombie segment was the weakest. Overall, I simply wasn't impressed. I did enjoy some of the death scenes and gore, but other than that...

Phase 7 - Another mediocre pandemic movie. It was decent for being low-budget, but nothing new or exciting.

@Lon - I'll have to check that out. Sounds pretty good!

Watched World War Z big_smile It's a really , really good movie!

Just finished watching Delicatessen, a  sick, twisted,  flick with dark humor.

One of my favorite foreign films!!

TRAILER:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYo_SkERMNI

Last edited by DarkMistress (2013-07-01 13:16:36)

LoudLon wrote:

100 Bloody Acres (2012).  Enjoyably quirky and often laugh-out-loud funny Australian splatter comedy, about two brothers who run a blood-and-bone fertilizer company whose chief ingredient is bodies they find in car wrecks in the Australian outback.  This time, however, they pick up some live hitchhikers to fill their first big order, and things go from bad to worse -- for the victims, AND the two brothers.  Plenty of laughs, offbeat characters and enough gore to please the red-meat-and-ketchup crowd.  Fans of Wolf Creek will probably enjoy a cameo by that film's psycho killer as a friendly motorcycle cop.  And be sure to stay 'til after the credits.  8/10

lol I love Aussie flicks!  I just watched The Trailer on YouTube.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident nka Devil's Pass (2013) - Five young American filmmakers retrace the steps of the doomed Dyatlov expedition, and group of nine Russian hikers whose unexplained deaths in the Ural Mountains in 1959 remain one of the twentieth century's greatest mysteries.
Another found footage entry, this time from Director Renny Harlin.  All in all, not a bad flick.  It avoids some of the pitfalls that seem to plague most FF films while offering an original and different take on a true life story.  I definitely did not see the twist coming at the end.  3.5/5.

Sounds cool, will have to check it out.

2012's "Dead Before Dawn" - Zemons, haha! Good fun! Don't expect much though.

DarkMistress wrote:

Just finished watching Delicatessen, a  sick, twisted,  flick with dark humor.

One of my favorite foreign films!!

TRAILER:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYo_SkERMNI

My all times favorite french film along with Amélie. It's crazy TOTALLY out of our minds and world.