Re: Last horror movie you watched?

DarkMistress wrote:

I watched Dementia tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpBuvMQ7GY

Thx for the link. Saved me hours trying to find a horror film I actually want to watch.

Insidious

Original Evil Dead

Good times.

The Chernobyl Diaries - a lot better than I was expecting it to be. What it lacks in story it more than makes up for with atmosphere and suspense. A very horror movie. 8/10

^ Cool, might actually watch they today!

Fairytale (2012)

This is odd one, I thought it some really good ideas in this movie, I loved some of scenes in this movie, it there really well made but they didn't seem to have that Creepy feeling to see,

I thought the plot was really good and the movie didn't flow that well, it felt some scenes in the movie felt bit strange in bad way.

I actually liked the last scenes in this movie and I would have it a bit chillering then it was but that could have been a really good chilling moment .

The acting was real Wooden at times in this movie but some scenes there was decent actorted scenes.
Not great movie but worth watching a least once 4 out of 10

Suspiria_89 wrote:

The Chernobyl Diaries - a lot better than I was expecting it to be. What it lacks in story it more than makes up for with atmosphere and suspense. A very horror movie. 8/10

Indeed. And that one in the door was badass creepy.

Dead Waters aka Dark Waters 1993

Fell asleep halfway through. I'm not sure if I want to finish it though. Might try Anguish tonight instead.

Chernobyl Diaries

I felt that this movie started of little slow, it took me a while to get into the movie, there few scenes that seem really little boring and drag a litte.

just before half way mark , I got a bit intruded by it but Never really into the movie and I found boring but watch able and I thought the movie would have a lot more better then it was.

I didnt' like this in the whole but I really dig the last scenes in the movie, that  what decent jump scenes.

The acting was not bad at all, it decent from the whole cast but I was little disappointed that the deaths were mostly of screen.

4 out of 10

golem09 wrote:

Dead Waters aka Dark Waters 1993

Fell asleep halfway through. I'm not sure if I want to finish it though. Might try Anguish tonight instead.

You'll find it extremely different lemme tell ya. EXTREMELY wild. Too.

THE LOTR TRILOGY & THE HOBBIT [2001-2012]

Best mainstream Horror ever. Ah man, what a damn fantastic masterpiece this is. Excellent character development, dialogs, some extremely kick ass lines.

My 4 favorite scenes aside Gollum which steal the show in everyone are:

Gandalf and THE Balrog. You WILL NOT PASS!!!
The Dead Horsemen fighting with the ring holder dude and he vanishes as the EVIL EYE sees him.
The Undead talking to THE KING in the mountains.
Gimly flying in the huge battle outside the Castle.

OH yes, the trees attacking the Troll/Orc factory is badass too. Just like the Dragons riden by the Dead Horsemen attacking the Castle.

A mastefully done classic. Perfection made real.

Gonna play Gandalf and FIreworks tonight for the US Independence Day. lol

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Oh BTW, anyone seen THE LOVELY BONES [2009] Jackson proves once more that a great visual can tell a wonderful story. And man, Saoirse Ronan is such a fabulously amazing actress. PLUS Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz and Susan Sarandon. Girl gets killed and tries to communicate with her father. Brutal ending, very sad. Another masterpiece by one of the best.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-04 09:45:07)

BASSI wrote:

Chernobyl Diaries

I felt that this movie started of little slow, it took me a while to get into the movie, there few scenes that seem really little boring and drag a litte.

just before half way mark , I got a bit intruded by it but Never really into the movie and I found boring but watch able and I thought the movie would have a lot more better then it was.

I didnt' like this in the whole but I really dig the last scenes in the movie, that  what decent jump scenes.

The acting was not bad at all, it decent from the whole cast but I was little disappointed that the deaths were mostly of screen.

4 out of 10

Thanks for the review. I was contemplating getting it but I heard from several others as well that is wasn't that hot.

Dracula: Prince of Darkness (Christopher Lee YEAH!)  big_smile

Finished off my Slendy project.  Now I'm going through Black Eyed Children/Kids  (BECs, BEKs) urban legend stuff. 

The legend is 2 kids will come to your house or approach your car, and ask for help and to come inside.  They act kind of weird, but not peeing fire level, and get increasingly insistent they need to come in.  The survivors of these encounters report a feeling of really wanting to help, and reach for the door to open it, but just at the last second they see the kids' eyes are all black.  Then the person slams the door or takes off in the car, and the kids just disappear.

Ok, well I am in the mood for CARS!

Being chased by maniacs out in the middle of no where and cars that have a life of their own soooooooooo tonight I am going to watch:

DUEL with Dennis Weaver. Thanks LoudLon for helping me find this in my "Trying To Find" thread.... big_smile

and then I am going to watch:

CHRISTINE!

lol

Maybe I'll throw THE HITCHER in there too with Rutger Hauer! Oh damn he is GOOD in this film!

I am on summer holidays this week...sort of lol so I can stay up real late and catch some good horror flicks.

Dracula's wife

If you like horror flicks with cars you should check out The Car, from 1977, starring James Brolin.  Tame by horror standards but still a decent little flick.

LoudLon wrote:

If you like horror flicks with cars you should check out The Car, from 1977, starring James Brolin.  Tame by horror standards but still a decent little flick.

Iv'e got that one! big_smile LOL

Great classic!

azathoth wrote:

Finished off my Slendy project.  Now I'm going through Black Eyed Children/Kids  (BECs, BEKs) urban legend stuff. 

The legend is 2 kids will come to your house or approach your car, and ask for help and to come inside.  They act kind of weird, but not peeing fire level, and get increasingly insistent they need to come in.  The survivors of these encounters report a feeling of really wanting to help, and reach for the door to open it, but just at the last second they see the kids' eyes are all black.  Then the person slams the door or takes off in the car, and the kids just disappear.

We should finally watch Shadow People together. Took a few peeks into the movie, and a lot of it is almost documentary stuff about the phenomenon itself. You should like the style smile

DarkMistress, dya know about Highwaymen [2004]???
Guy in a 68 orange Plymouth Barracuda that kills all. Very nice one.

But The Car, Christine, Duel and I'll add Death Proof to that list are the best Horror Geared up to kill machine flicks EVER!!!

The anthology Nightmares (1983) has a segment with Lance Henrikson fighting off a demon truck in the desert.

kXnPunk wrote:

DarkMistress, dya know about Highwaymen [2004]???
Guy in a 68 orange Plymouth Barracuda that kills all. Very nice one.

But The Car, Christine, Duel and I'll add Death Proof to that list are the best Horror Geared up to kill machine flicks EVER!!!

Nope, I can't recall that one. Will check it out.

Piranha 3D

Azzie -- so what was the final total number of films in your Slenderman project?

In dem Mund des Wahnsinns

Again. Because, whatever.

Torso .. was Awesome.

Manos: The Hands of Fate

The gang from MST3K helped with this viewing and gets a 9/10 for being highly entertaining. The actual film itself was all around awful. There's no redeeming qualities. I know there's "admirers" of this film due to the awfulness of the film (I personally don't get this), but this was really mindnumbing. The most annoying thing for me were the edits. There were choppy edits throughout, but scenes where edits should happen don't. This happened many times, but the scene where Torgo took forever to stand up, then engaged in a I guess staring contest with The Master to the point where Joel yelled "Do something!" should have been cut. Then again, inept minds were in control. Acting, directing and every fiber of this film's existence gets a 0/10. MST3K version gets a 9/10.

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-07-04 22:29:49)

azathoth wrote:

The anthology Nightmares (1983) has a segment with Lance Henrikson fighting off a demon truck in the desert.

Thanks Monkey Knight, a very damn fun and badass one it has been. Henrikson RULES!!! And what a damn cool flick it is.

NIGHTMARES [1983]
666.666.666/10

Bananas for you my friend. big_smile

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyq8p9oqBl1qegw8v.gif