Topic: Trying to find....

I have looked hard to find an old movie with DENNIS HOPPER in it.

I checked out his filmography list and I cannot find it. Driving me crazy.

It is more of a SUSPENSE than horror.

He is being chased by a maniac on the road out in the middle of nowhere. In the end Dennis wins as the car that was after him goes off a cliff. lol

Does anyone have ANY IDEA what the name of this movie is??

I thought it might be NITE RIDE  but when I checked out the trailer it did not look like it at all.

I think it was filmed in the 70's.

Thanks.

Last edited by DarkMistress (2013-07-04 10:12:49)

Re: Trying to find....

Are you sure it was Dennis Hopper?  Because I'm willing to bet you're actually thinking of Dennis Weaver, in which case the movie you're looking for is called Duel, a tv movie from the early '70s, written by the recently deceased and massively prolific Richard Matheson, and directed by Steven Spielberg.

On IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/

LoudLon wrote:

Are you sure it was Dennis Hopper?  Because I'm willing to bet you're actually thinking of Dennis Weaver, in which case the movie you're looking for is called Duel, a tv movie from the early '70s, written by the recently deceased and massively prolific Richard Matheson, and directed by Steven Spielberg.

On IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/

Ah shoot! I meant Dennis Weaver! It's been a long time since I seen it and I got the two mixed up!

Thanks! I want to watch this one tonight! big_smile

You are all very helpful here. lol

LOVE this movie. His car sure takes a BEATING! LOL

Great flick, too.  We watched it for HM Movie Night several months ago.  It had been years since I'd seen it myself and it really holds up now, some 40 years after it was made.

Ahhh, crap, the first one I though of was Duel, and then I thought, "that's not Hopper."

That was a fun Movie Night... Wheels of Terror!  Slow-mo hair flapping in the wind...  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2013-07-04 11:14:59)

Oh, hell, I forgot all about Wheels of Terror.  Must not have been all that good, else I would have had a reason to remember it. lol

I can't wait until tonight!  Been craving this flick for two days!

I'm gonna watch DUEL right NOW!!

lol

Ahhh the various Gearhead entities in me love all driving Horror. THE HITfrekingCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, not the old school 1986 one although it's great but the 2007 one with Sophia hot Bush and Sean Cruel Bean. Much more tension than the first IMO. And that guy cut in half man, woaooooh!!!

That was kick ass!!

LoudLon I owe you a beer for finding it for me! lol

Poor Dennis Weaver! It just wasn't his day was it!  LOL!

Then again if I were him I would have turned around and went the other way and call the cops.
I would not tango with that monster size truck! haha

He was all worried about getting home in time for a party so he tries to get past him.

Better late than never because you're dead! big_smile