Topic: Looking for CEDs

This is probably a long shot, but I'm looking for Capacitance Electronic Discs (CEDs). Here's what they look like for those that have never heard of/seen them:
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n619/DealWithDying/CED_01.jpeg

I'm looking for any and all movies on CED. The ones I'm really trying to get are:

10 to Midnight
Breakheart Pass
Breakout
The Dark Crystal
Death Hunt
Death Wish
(I,II,II)
The Dirty Dozen
The Evil That Men Do
Godzilla
Godzilla 1985
The Great Escape
Gremlins
Hard Times
The Magnificent Seven
The Mechanic
Purple Rain
Rodan
The Stone Killer
Swamp Thing

any horror/sci-fi movies

Willing to buy/trade, PM me for a list of what I have to trade.

Re: Looking for CEDs

Holy poop on a stick, you have shown me something I never knew about before!  That all by itself is impressive.

Sadly, I have nothing for you.  sad

I did a quick search on Ebay for CED, and got some hits.  I didn't really go through the listings, but maybe some of them are on there?

azathoth wrote:

Holy poop on a stick, you have shown me something I never knew about before!  That all by itself is impressive.

Sadly, I have nothing for you.  sad

I did a quick search on Ebay for CED, and got some hits.  I didn't really go through the listings, but maybe some of them are on there?

Yeah they usually have a decent amount on ebay. It just seems all the ones I want are in lots with ones that I don't want and if they are being sold individually they are usually quite expensive (like $20 before shipping).

Sorry hoss, I gave it a try.

Wow, I haven't seen a CED in forever.  Crazy, daddy-o.

"Daddy-o"?
Freaking hippy.  lol

azathoth wrote:

Sorry hoss, I gave it a try.

Yeah I appreciate the help and ebay is probably going to be where I wind up going since I doubt I'm going to find someone who has these.

@LoudLon - does it bring your mind back to a simpler time?

Not the way, say, an eight-track cassette does, but it still gets the job done, sure. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Not the way, say, an eight-track cassette does, but it still gets the job done, sure. lol

Haha, that's quite understandable. Although I wasn't around for either of these formats it seems that even those who were don't have any recollection of the existence of CEDs.

60053 I know the post is a year old but are you still looking for some of those CEDS on your list?