Topic: I'm an Uncle!!!! :)

So I just want to share my excitement to be a first time Uncle.  My sister and brother-in-law had their first baby girl on Saturday.  I didnt realize how excited I was going to be until the baby actually arrived.  Not only am I the uncle, but I am being made a godparent as well.  smile  The only sad thing is that they live in Phoenix, AZ and I'm in Chicago......so I will not get to see her too often. 

Here's little Delaney Rae.  Only 1 day old and making her uncle/godfather proud by rockin a cute little mohawk.  big_smile
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z133/jhaaksma314/DelanyRaeRutherford001.jpg

Re: I'm an Uncle!!!! :)

aww!! she's adorable, congratulations!!!!
and extra mega congratulations to your sister and her husband big_smile

congrats man, and pass it on to ur sister and step bro.

Congrats jmh!:cool:

Congrats jmh. I know how you exactly feel. I felt the sameway when i first became an uncle last year and with my nieces 1 year old birthday coming up next week. Now is the time when you see her, you can spoil her.

Awww so cute! Congrats to you, your sister and hubby! big_smile

shes soo cute!! congrads to you and your sister and brother in-law...;)

Big congrats to you and your sis and bro-in-law, what a blessing!! That is a rock'n mohawk, beautiful girl smile

Congrats Uncle Jim big_smile

Delaney Rae .... i like it !!! congrats to you and your family JmH !!!

congrats JMH!

Love the little hawk.  Grats, bro.

Thanks everyone.  I didnt think I would be this excited but I am.....I wish i was closer than 2000 miles away though,.....

she has a ton of hair!  she is so adorable and a chunky little thing too. congrats Uncle JMH!

congrats. now make sure you always have candy, gum and comic books so you can be the favorite uncle. smile

Congrats Jmh, spend as much time as you can with her because time flies before you know she will be a todler.

My first trip out to see Delaney isnt until Dec 27th.  I am spending 4 days out there after christmas and will be out there for the Baptism.  So by the time I et ther she will be 3.5 months already.  Then who knows when i will make it back out there.

jmh314 wrote:

My first trip out to see Delaney isnt until Dec 27th.  I am spending 4 days out there after christmas and will be out there for the Baptism.  So by the time I et ther she will be 3.5 months already.  Then who knows when i will make it back out there.

well thats good, my niece was born right before I left to go to MN and I never came back to visit her until 6 years later and I kind of regreted that.