Topic: Short Film - Don't Forget To Lock The Door

Hello everyone,

Here is our first V-Movie short 'Don't Forget To Lock The Door'. It was made on a shoe-string budget (the cost of catering to be exact) and off the back of a lot of favors, so that we could release some content while we are working hard on the script and funding for our first feature.

I just wanted to get a little discussion going about what you think of our short, as it is you 'the fans' who we are doing this for.

So check it out and let us know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc97pQzuJF8

Re: Short Film - Don't Forget To Lock The Door

I'd change how you do the opening credits next time.  Even on my laptop's screen my eyes were bouncing back and forth.  Nice score.  Good idea for a short.  Hannah looked suitably spooky.  Well done for the price of a few pizzas (or sandwiches lol ).

And welcome to HM.

Hi Azathoth,

Thank you for your kind words. We will definitely keep it in mind about the titles for the next one.

Thanks, I'm certainly glad to be on here.

I agree with azathoth, the titles are a tad harsh on the eyes. They may have worked if the text itself wasn't already animated. Other than that, though, it was a really good short. You'd definitely think that more money was spent on it than what you mentioned, anyway.

It's a solid story, well structured, and well shot. The acting was a tad sketchy, but no worse than I've seen in some of the performances given in some cinema releases. I really liked the one bit of movement after the door slamming bit, where it draws in from his eyes. Top stuff. Keep them coming.

Do you have a website I can check out?

Again, thank you for your kind words 'Is This The End?...' I'm actually really proud of how it came out. Seeing my words and thought process from the script, come to life, has been both awesome and a learning curve.

We don't have a website as of yet, we're hoping to launch that when we launch the website for our first feature. However we do have a facebook page ( www.facebook.com/ViperFilms ) for now.

Thanks Viper Films, is always good to find some new blood in the water to follow. Good luck with everything!!

Is This The End????????? wrote:

Thanks Viper Films, is always good to find some new blood in the water to follow. Good luck with everything!!

Thanks this is the end. It's always good to know that someone enjoyed something that we put out there. :-)

Cool short!  I have to second what azathoth said -- the opening credits didn't do it for me.  But that's just nitpicking.  The movie itself was well done -- some genuinely scary moments.  Love the makeup work.