Topic: Opinions on Lake Mungo (2008)

How was it? I'd rather know before I possibly waste some time. Some reviews had good things to say. What do you think?

Re: Opinions on Lake Mungo (2008)

I thought it was worth a watch, and thought it was entertaining.  Its hard to recommend it though, cuz its one of those movies that's slow moving and fairly uneventful...so its easy to hate it.  Give it a go and let us know what you think.

Pretty much what Ghostie just said. It moves at a snails pace and is all rather uneventful so it's one of those films to watch on a lazy Sunday morning/afternoon when you're hungover from the night before. Get up, pop a few Codeine tabs with a glass of OJ, go back to bed with a hot cuppa and get it watched. I'm fairly certain that was my viewing experience and I enjoyed it for the slow burner that it was.

7/10

Fulcento wrote:

Get up, pop a few Codeine tabs with a glass of OJ, go back to bed with a hot cuppa and get it watched.

Think there's a lot more movies I woulda liked if I watched em that way!  big_smile

I watched the first 10 minutes or so and turned it off. But I think if I gave it another shot I may like it.

So the general consensus is that it's worth a look?

Haven`t even heard of it, the IMDB synopsis sounds pretty cool.

This is not really a Horror movie at all, although it as some really good creepy moments in the movie. which sends shivers down my back.

This movie Has some really great intense Atmosphere, it was just brilliant writing and outstanding acting from the whole cast.

The acting was so good that it felt so real, I actually felt real emotion about the grieving.

I didn't expect to like it at all, but it was Halloween and I was looking for stuff besides the usuals on TV. Surprising good, and a few decent chills, too. I'm not a reviewer of any quality so I'll just say that, yes, it's worth a watch.  I do think I might have been stoned when I watched it, though.

Desperate to find this movie. The vast majority of people I know who've seen it have praised it!