Re: Last horror movie you watched?

golem09 wrote:
Theli wrote:

^I wasn't as blown away by that movie as other Fulci flicks. The kids voice drove me mad in the dubbed version. May need to watch it again though.

Watched They Live again, just love it.

What do you see as "dubbed"? I switched between languages, and english seemed lip sync to me, the italian version didn't.

Now I'll watch The Beyond

The version I have only has an english version, at the time it seemed like the voices were dubbed, but I haven't watched it in years. Maybe it's not even dubbed, and the kids voice is still just fucking awful.

And the Beyond is awesome, I need to watch it again soon.

Lon already shared his wisdom and gave us the right answer wink

V/H/S   wildly uneven  mishmash but not without interest. 6/10

Couldn't sleep so I rewatched
EVENT HORIZON & UNDERWORLD 2 of the best movies ever made. PERIOD.
For me that is.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-13 07:12:39)

golem09 wrote:

Lon already shared his wisdom and gave us the right answer wink

LoudLon wrote:

A great many Italian horror flicks from that period had Italian actors speaking their parts in English, phonetically.  Then native English-speakers were used to dub in their voices.  So you have perfect English accents filling in the mouths of non-native and heavily accented spoken English.  They'd even sometimes dub in actors who actually WERE native English-speakers.  For example Alice Cooper, in Monster Dog.  Dude speaks perfect English yet they dubbed his voice with some other English-speaking voice actor.

Crazy, daddy-o.

Gotcha, makes sense.

Theli wrote:
golem09 wrote:
Theli wrote:

^I wasn't as blown away by that movie as other Fulci flicks. The kids voice drove me mad in the dubbed version. May need to watch it again though.

Watched They Live again, just love it.

What do you see as "dubbed"? I switched between languages, and english seemed lip sync to me, the italian version didn't.

Now I'll watch The Beyond

The version I have only has an english version, at the time it seemed like the voices were dubbed, but I haven't watched it in years. Maybe it's not even dubbed, and the kids voice is still just fucking awful.

And the Beyond is awesome, I need to watch it again soon.

Of his films The House by The Cemetery is certainly the weakest I have seen.

I watched The Tunnel last night before bed. Didn't care for it.

^^
I think I'm the only person who liked The Tunnel.  Oh well.

azathoth wrote:

^^
I think I'm the only person who liked The Tunnel.  Oh well.

yeah, it looks like you're the one that dug it! see what i did there? i am so sophisticated!!! no? well please yourself, BOLLOCKS to the lot of ya i say! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha  errrr....... and wind down with a little chuckle fading away very quietly wink

I have no idea how I found this, but this is pure Wolfie!  lol  The dude rocks hard!

http://bollocksbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/BollocksBrewing-Logo-720x720-72dpi-130312-white-circle.png

hahaha that's funny!

Everytime I read the title "The Tunnel", I think of "Absentia", because of that, well, tunnel.

Not sure with whom I watched this, was it you azzy, or vas? I certainly remember, we both....

loved it tongue

golem09 wrote:

Everytime I read the title "The Tunnel", I think of "Absentia", because of that, well, tunnel.

Not sure with whom I watched this, was it you azzy, or vas? I certainly remember, we both....

loved it tongue

Well it can't of been me, I didn't care for it myself!

Yeah, I (we) hated it, too. Seem I need to work on my internet sarcasm skills.

Don't Open Till Christmas - slow in parts but overall a awesome and sleazy little grindhouse slasher out of the UK. 8/10

Silent Hill: Revelations

Antiviral
    Very strange movie. Wasn't quite sure what to feel at the end 7/10.

NonEuclidean wrote:

I watched The Tunnel last night before bed. Didn't care for it.

The worst thing about the film was the woman who seemed to constantly scream and whine when they got into the tunnel.

azathoth wrote:

I have no idea how I found this, but this is pure Wolfie!  lol  The dude rocks hard!

http://bollocksbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/BollocksBrewing-Logo-720x720-72dpi-130312-white-circle.png

yeah i'm a shit and one or two more people have found that out lately but at least i knew that already and have told people that for years.so thanks Az but no i don't rock, i irritate and annoy and it fucking hurts but thanks for the gesture and appreciation my friend smile  now get out there and get that job that's got your name on it.

Friday The 13th Part III 7/10

Burnt Offerings

Another movie I wasn't sure if I had seen it. I did, but it was entertaining nonetheless

Friday the 13th part 3.

I love these movies and have seen this one many many times, albeit its been a few years since I saw it in its entirety.  For some reason, with this viewing it dawned on me how terrible this movie is.  I still love it though.

* Edit *

Funny...just noticed that HypnoticDead89 saw this movie earlier in the day.

My question is...I seem to remember that part 3 was the one with the guy that gets his head crushed and his eye pops out.  Thought it was this one cuz it popped out in 3D and part 3 was the only one in 3D.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-07-14 23:20:25)

Oooops.  smile

Well as long as I double posted, I'll add that last night I saw Home Sweet Home.  Kind of movie that has the stereotypically bad decisions victims make in horror movies.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-07-14 23:22:27)

Watched the InnKeepers last week.  Definitely some nice, creepy moments.  Ti West is good at building tension with long, uninterrupted shots, but overall, I thought the film was too slow.  Fell asleep halfway through it.

Pet Semetary 2 - I like the original much more, but part two still remains one of my favorite 90's horror flick.

Hatchet 3 - Delivers everything a Hatchet movie should. Tons of awesome kills and dark humor, but it was IMO easily the least enjoyable of the series. I hate to say it because I'm a huge slasher fan, but this series has ran it's course and needs to be left alone. overall 6/10