Re: Beyond Dead Comic

Random trivia to help my progress on the comic...Any one remember what the toxic waste in Return of the Living Dead series was called? I'm pretty sure there was a name for it some where in the series.

I don't sadly. Every Toxic Waste stuff in movies I call it slime but I guess they have a name for it that is different.

It took me a while to find it but I finally did! It was called Trioxin, which is now the name of the "zombie vaccination" in my comic book. SPOILER ALERT!

Sweet, good job man!!!
And great idea. smile

PunBB bbcode test

Quick little update on the facebook page.

^^^
Sweet. Loving the Mickey Mouse shirt. big_smile

God I hope Disney doesn't sue me... It's Ricky Mouse !

If they do, tell me, I'll send my good buddy Darth Vader that they just bought after them... lol

Hello all! Been awhile! Alot has happened since last post. My wife and I had our baby! So far so good. His name is Vincent, after Vincent Price, and he's a strong little bugger! I've been off work so I can help take care of him and have been sneaking off every once and awhile to work on the book! Which is painfully close to being completed.

I have just created a 'alpha' website for the book. Check it out if you get a chance http://dustinjgoebel.wix.com/beyonddeadcomic

Last edited by BubRub (2014-01-10 22:59:37)

Wow, congratulations on the new baby boy! And what an awesome name cool

The website looks great! It says the comic is available soon on Lulu. is the story and art complete?

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-10 23:40:39)

Woo, cool and congrats for Vincent buddy.

And very cool site.
Never used Wix but seems to do a good job really.

Keep it up, the end is near. big_smile

Story has been complete for some time now, Artwork extremely close to being complete (we're talking about 8 hours of work left). Once that's done I'm going to look at my printing options. Lulu seems like the easiest way to self publish but I doubt it's the most cost efficient. How much would you guys be willing to pay for a black and white comic that is 40 pages long? With lulu it might be around 7 or 8 bucks(I'll make less than a dollar a copy)

Wix is extremely easy to use for websites and free(unless you want a actual domain with no ads, then it's about $10/mo) it took me only a few hours to throw together what you see.

I'd throw 10 bucks any day.
And yes, Wix looks cool but I prefer to do it all by myself, been using Golive since 1998 and I kinda know very well the app now so that's what I use. Well not anymore as I have all my shit on WordPress and it rocks like anything I've used before.

A small update, all artwork is completed for issue one!!! Just sent it to some friends (to proof read) and should be ready to go to lulu.com here very very soon!!! Next update should be a picture of the bastard in my hand!!

Very, very cool. Best of luck at this one. smile

The wait is finally over! BEYOND DEAD is officially available for purchase at the createspace estore for $8.00
https://www.createspace.com/4660651
Check it out and let me know what you think!

Ahhh man, sweet looking cover as H3LL. Shared it and can't believe I hadn't liked your Facebook page before. I need a better brain... lol

Very cool! Thanks for the support! I'm hoping someone somewhere will write a review on it soon. I'll keep you guys in the loop for sure

^^^
You're welcome. Can't wait to grab it. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to grab a prepaid credit card to buy it...

It is also available on amazon 10% off if that helps smile

^^^
Oh I don't mind for that price but thanks. smile

Just a heads up this weekend I'm selling the book at the lowest possible price on amazon and createspace e-store. It's running for $5.50ea, get that price while you can!!!

Hey guys, just popping in to say you can see the full first volume of BEYOND DEAD on the site....FOR FREE. Let me know what you guys think and tell all your friends to like the book on facebook!

www.beyonddeadcomic.com for the free online comic!

Also stay tuned for vol. 2 coming as soon as i draw it lol here's the cover PunBB bbcode test

^^^
aweFREAKINGsome!!! big_smile

Loving the head shots, the radio and the Brain drawing especially but everything looks amazing. I love how you set all the frames up, full of movement which I like a lot.

GREAT JOB!!! smile

Thanks man, I'm offering up my first comic to build my audience a bit more in time for the 2nd release...which hopefully will be this year...