Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI 8/10

The Tooth Fairy (2006)

All I can say is THANK F*** I FINISHED THAT MOVIE. 1/10

THE LORDS OF SALEM [2012]

My favorite Zombie movie WAS 1000 Corpses but that was before I saw this one. Man, what wondeful images, shows what an incredible graphic artist Rob is. Absolutely FANTASTIC. And damn Sheri Moon plays freaking brillantly. Kick ass story too. Definitely made it's way into my top Horror movies list. What an insane blast that shit was. Gonna rewatch it again tonight and no, my opininions won't change. big_smile

This really had potential and the first few minutes I thought damn this is going to be good! Well, 100 Bloody Acres sure went downhill. Not saying it was horrible but the gore and laughs were just not there. It did pick up some towards the end but overall it was 50/50.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTk2khyu3LA&html5=1

The Host (1960)

An interesting and quite effective early short by Jack Hill featuring Sid Haig that was one of the special features on my Spider Baby disc.

For a short I give it a 9/10.

the last horror movie i watched was Kuroneko 1968

i'm gaining more respect for asian horror and ghost stories, after a while the manga style movies (Ricky-Oh, Zeiram, etc.) got kind of old, not that they're bad, just the imagery got a bit played out for me,  i recently watched Kwaidan 1964 one night and i honestly got a bit spooked, R-Point 2004 turned out to be pretty good, before hand i had the opportunity to view Marebito 2004 which was a delightful little frolic through psychoville, kudos also has to go out to Noroi 2005 there were a couple of scenes that got me pretty spooked also, up until this year i wasn't so impressed with them, save the Audition 1999, however, i'm certainly changing my tune on that opinion

^^^
To me Noroi is one of the spookiest and best Horror flicks I've ever seen. Ahh yes, gotta LOOOVE asian Horror. I like the view they have on paranormal. VERY different from us.

Return To Horror High

The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh (2012)  Man i liked the trailer for this film so decided to give it a shot..Utter disappointment as it fell flat on it's face
2/10

Wow! Want to see a dark twisted tale check out Stoker. Don't think this did well at the box office but I really liked it. Directed by Chan-wook Park (Old Boy) visually some of it was amazing. What a good storyteller.

8/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOyxxhuvAmo&html5=1

Punk -- did you recognize Meg Foster when you saw her?  I didn't realize who she was in the flick 'til the credits hit.  Totally surprised me, I knew she was in the film but didn't recognize her.  If she were a snake, she'd have bit me. lol

Joe -- I caught 100 Bloody Acres a couple weeks ago.  Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but I thought it was a great little sleeper of a flick.

^^^
OF COURSE I DID. lol
How could I not, love the girl. You might need glasses or better ones if you have them already. HAHAHAHA

JoeTerror wrote:

Wow! Want to see a dark twisted tale check out Stoker. Don't think this did well at the box office but I really liked it. Directed by Chan-wook Park (Old Boy) visually some of it was amazing. What a good storyteller.

8/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOyxxhuvAmo&html5=1

Damn shame if, as you say, this didn't do well at the box office while poor to average films like Texas Chainsaw 3D and Evil Dead did so well.

The Addiction 1995
for about the first 45 minutes i found the social commentary to be a bit forced, this may have been intentional, though it did possess that tarantino-esque quasi-extreme excessive dialogue, other than that it's a pretty good watch, kudos indie film

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

The Tooth Fairy (2006)

All I can say is THANK F*** I FINISHED THAT MOVIE. 1/10

Haha, I watched that about two years ago with a group of friends. It was hilarious, we had a lot of fun.

Enjoyment 8/10

It wasn't horrible I just thought it really could have been much better...was glad to see you catching some classic flicks Burnt Offerings etc. one of my faves.....

BTW not a horror but thought Pacific Rim was pretty awesome!!!

LoudLon wrote:

Punk -- did you recognize Meg Foster when you saw her?  I didn't realize who she was in the flick 'til the credits hit.  Totally surprised me, I knew she was in the film but didn't recognize her.  If she were a snake, she'd have bit me. lol

Joe -- I caught 100 Bloody Acres a couple weeks ago.  Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but I thought it was a great little sleeper of a flick.

Absentia 2011

thought it was pretty well done

The Newlydeads 1987

the air was thick with 80's

^Nothing wrong with that!

PACIFIC RIM [2013]

Wow man, I'm speechless and still trying to grasp the little air left in my lungs after this. ANOTHER DEL TORO FREAKING MASTERPIECE!!!
    * Monsters
    * Aliens
    * Robots
    * Sexy Dudes
    * Sexy Ladies
    * Awesome Music
    * Martial Arts
    * Joy
    * Action
    * Laughter
    * Freedom
Enough said SEE IT NOW!!!

Splintered (2010) not too bad low budget British Horror 6/10

JoeTerror wrote:

It wasn't horrible I just thought it really could have been much better...was glad to see you catching some classic flicks Burnt Offerings etc. one of my faves.....

Yeah, I've seen most of the classics I was interested in, now I'm going through my B list.

Evil Dead remake!

LOL! Love your list! Yes, awesome in every way I thought! He can do no wrong in my book! I hear though he's developing something for tv around vampires.

kXnPunk wrote:

PACIFIC RIM [2013]

Wow man, I'm speechless and still trying to grasp the little air left in my lungs after this. ANOTHER DEL TORO FREAKING MASTERPIECE!!!
    * Monsters
    * Aliens
    * Robots
    * Sexy Dudes
    * Sexy Ladies
    * Awesome Music
    * Martial Arts
    * Joy
    * Action
    * Laughter
    * Freedom
Enough said SEE IT NOW!!!

ASYLUM (1972)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1070032_649077668452841_255447025_n.jpg