Topic: Another Day of the Dead remake?

Perhaps, there's talk of it getting released in 2014(!).

Another from the LA Times.

And our own HM article about it.

Thoughts, feelings, bowel health?
(I'm in the "This is just silly now" camp.)

Last edited by azathoth (2013-07-19 05:37:10)

Re: Another Day of the Dead remake?

One every decade it seems. Well seriously???
Some need better brains really...

Nice to know there are actually working female producers in a genre whose pool of producers tends to be packed full of sausage, but Texas Chainsaw didn't impress me at all.  But after the god-awful '08 remake this has nowhere to go but up.

We'll see.

^
Again Lon sums up my thoughts exactly.

Saying this the original Day of The Dead is my 2nd favourite film of all time and I think some unique circumstances contributed to its greatness, like how Romero was somewhat forced to re-write his script and minimize the scope of his vision, therefore setting the film mostly in the claustrophobic mine. I think this really let him focus on what he does best in zombie cinema in  the characterisation of a inherent aspect of human nature – the conflict between individuals of a human race facing extinction.

The 2008 remake of day of the dead was garbage. The zombie thing has been overdone in recent years.

They need to make more zombie horror movies. I like zombie comedies, and I don't hate these post apocalyptic zombie action movies but we need some legitimate horror movies with the living dead. If the director attempts to capture the clautrophobic and secluded feeling of the original, and it actually has a budget and isn't just a cheap knock off, their could be a chance that this is good. I'm hoping for a return to slow zombies.

Last edited by Theli (2013-09-09 02:16:09)

Funny you should mention zombie comedies.  I'm in the process of writing one right now.  If anyone wants a peek, I'll email you a few pages. smile

^^
Feel free to send it to me.  I'll make sure to excoriate you publicly.  [insert Funky Chicken dance here]

They should start replacing actors with monkeys in these remakes. At least then they might be entertaining.

As long as Burton doesn't make it.

More Will & Drew. 
Or this guy-

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/887/887897/top-10-monkey-movies-20080714111054973.jpg

Make something new at least , have the planet of the apes mashed with zombies. Zombie flesh eating monkeys is more menacing.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Feel free to send it to me.  I'll make sure to excoriate you publicly.  [insert Funky Chicken dance here]

Sent.

^^
Got it.   I love the title.

5 minutes later...

"
DON
Get it straight, missy. You don’t
ask the questions here.
"

Oh man, I read that in your best movie night voice lol 
Superbly sublime.

Question- Where did you get the name 'Mick' from?

^^ It's the short form of Michael wink

^^
Ah, makes sense.  Except it's a girl's name in his story.  Michelle, maybe?

My oldest niece's name is McKenna.  We call her Mick.  So it's basically an homage to my darling (well, not so darling now) niece.  Plus since the female character's kind of a bad ass, I wanted to give her a tough sounding name.

^^
Cool.  That is a fittingly bad-ass name.  (Yes, I'm actually being serious here)

So what did you think about the parallels to today's economy I was drawing?  Too obvious, or just obvious enough?

LoudLon wrote:

Funny you should mention zombie comedies.  I'm in the process of writing one right now.  If anyone wants a peek, I'll email you a few pages. smile

Go on then...

Don't tell me what to do.

Also -- sent. big_smile

@Lon-
I thought it was done well.  The overall light tone kept it from being to heavy.