The Reptile 1966

Meh..

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

cthulu76 wrote:

Slumber Party Massacre 1982

boobs... that is all...

Well I GOTTA see this. lol

This had a lot of promise I thought, Jeffrey Coombs too...lol....and it started off rather strong but there just wasn't enough suspense or thrills to suit me. Would You Rather had a great idea but came up rather short.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG2z4ng2ghU&html5=1

Texas Chainsaw

The Conjuring (2013)- was really impressed, I'm quite a fan of haunted house horror with demonic elements/posession, and I think James Wan really nailed it here. Enjoyed it far more than Insidious. Thought the pace was nice and the film was well cast.

Last night I saw GOBLIN PLAY SUSPIRIA LIVE- it was so intense that I actually shed a tear of joy. Seeing one of my fave films on a huge screen with the band there playing one of the most amazing scores of all time in the flesh was just an unforgettable experience.

Playback (2012)

This was not as thought it would be but it not all the great either.

I really liked the opening scenes in this movie, it kinds grabs you really fast but it shame next 20 minutes which I thought the movies was moving a little slow at times.

I liked the plot the movies, It bit like ring in so-what different way and I did enjoy some of death scenes in this movie.

What did annoy me the most about this movie, there are far to many of the flashing scenes in this movie, which may give some people Headache

I did not find the movie boring at all, it get intruded thoughout the whole movie.

The acting was not all great from most cast then were some decent well know actors in this movie.

I going to give this movie 4 out of 10 Worth watching!

^^^
Urgh that movie pissed me off so much I had a hard time finishing it.
Ah well, to each his own.

DAY OF THE DEAD [1985]

Been so long I haven't watched it so it was cool to see it back again. And man what a cool one. So damn good, one of Romero's best.
Doc Frankenstein is great and the Captain is truely insane. Excellent acting and story but the most spectacular is the make up effects, the Zombies are truely amazing.

exothermic wrote:

The Conjuring (2013)- was really impressed, I'm quite a fan of haunted house horror with demonic elements/posession, and I think James Wan really nailed it here. Enjoyed it far more than Insidious. Thought the pace was nice and the film was well cast.

Can't wait to see it, I'm a big fan of his horror movies (except saw).

Evil Dead

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Urgh that movie pissed me off so much I had a hard time finishing it.
Ah well, to each his own.

DAY OF THE DEAD [1985]

Been so long I haven't watched it so it was cool to see it back again. And man what a cool one. So damn good, one of Romero's best.
Doc Frankenstein is great and the Captain is truely insane. Excellent acting and story but the most spectacular is the make up effects, the Zombies are truely amazing.

Sometimes I wish that the effects in Dawn were as good as they were in Day. Absolutely phenomenal, love that movie!

The Creature wrote:

Hell of the Living Dead (1981) - 8/10

Laughed tons and had a lot of fun with this one. Acting terrible, English dubs even worse, but there's lots of cool gore and zombie action! It also had a great score (taking Goblin's soundtrack to Dawn of the Dead, complete with character rip-offs from Dawn as well). All in all, it's a great spoof. Directed by Bruno Mattei, who was partially responsible for Zombi 3, which I love too.

Very fun movie to watch with friends, we laughed the whole way through. And I like Zombi 3 even more for how ridiculous it is. Wasn't there a scene with a guy randomly chasing a chicken, just after the group being attacked by a horde of zombies? We were howling at that.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-07-20 08:01:59)

Asylum (1972).

This Britt Ekland story still sends shivers down my spine.

Charlotte Rampling: Look, she's in the mirror, can't you see her?'

Wow, my eyes are filling with water as I speak.

8/10

Stitches (2012)

This movie is a British/Irish horror/Comedy movie

There were not much horror in this movie, this movie as some very funny moment with a lot of gore in this movie.

Stitche arrives late at Tom’s birthday, and attempts to entertain the children, but they instead ridicule him. Vinny ties Stitches shoelaces together, causing him to trip and land on a kitchen knife, and he dies. Tom visits Stitches’ grave and finds a group of clowns performing a ritual, and the group's leader, The Motley, threatens Tom.

Six years later, Tom is preparing for his seventeenth birthday and the same night Stitche arrives back from the dead.

This did have some really good decent jokes here and there, maybe laugh and now, I do think some ones jokes, were little over the top.

I loved over the top gory death scenes in this movie, really creative and also some of funniest deaths scenes I ever seen.

The acting could have been at a lot better and there movie jokes could be a lot funny,

The acting was okay for this kind of movie, not great but more then watch able acting.

The movie is very enjoyable fun and never gets boring at all but ending was predictable.

I would liked to rated this higher but the ones scene, which I did not find that funny at and scenes it self wasn't really write.

5 out of 10

BASSI wrote:

Stitches (2012)

This movie is a British/Irish horror/Comedy movie

There were not much horror in this movie, this movie as some very funny moment with a lot of gore in this movie.

Stitche arrives late at Tom’s birthday, and attempts to entertain the children, but they instead ridicule him. Vinny ties Stitches shoelaces together, causing him to trip and land on a kitchen knife, and he dies. Tom visits Stitches’ grave and finds a group of clowns performing a ritual, and the group's leader, The Motley, threatens Tom.

Six years later, Tom is preparing for his seventeenth birthday and the same night Stitche arrives back from the dead.

This did have some really good decent jokes here and there, maybe laugh and now, I do think some ones jokes, were little over the top.

I loved over the top gory death scenes in this movie, really creative and also some of funniest deaths scenes I ever seen.

The acting could have been at a lot better and there movie jokes could be a lot funny,

The acting was okay for this kind of movie, not great but more then watch able acting.

The movie is very enjoyable fun and never gets boring at all but ending was predictable.

I would liked to rated this higher but the ones scene, which I did not find that funny at and scenes it self wasn't really write.

5 out of 10

that's funny Bassi i watched " Stitches" last night as well smile 
i pretty much agree with what you said. On a lot of forums the Amercians have gone mad over this, saying it's a classic and a great film. We Brits  being a little more level headed ( runs off) can see the many flaws in it. i thought it predictable, for a supposedly horror comedy it isn't very funny at all, raises the odd titter now and again but that's it. Some of the kills and effects are ok but i found the whole thing disapointing and nothing special although it is watchable. 6/10 from me.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-07-20 14:07:38)

cthulu76 wrote:

The Reptile 1966

Meh..

I rate " the Reptile" one of the worst films Hammer made. not as bad as " Prehistoric Women" (1968) or "the Man Who Could Cheat Death" (1959) but pretty poor.

Just watched Sinister last night. I really like the story, and Ethan Hawke plays his role well, but I found the execution lacking. There's no suspense, and they basically tell you exactly what is going on halfway through the movie then pretend that you don't know for next half. I loved the found footage tapes, very eerie. Bughuul was pretty cool too, I'd like to see more of him. He kind of looked like a member from a black metal band.

Last edited by Theli (2013-07-20 14:55:53)

Evil Dead (2013) - Love this flick. Great addition to the Evil Dead family of films. You hate it, that's fine... you're dead to me, but that's fine.

American Mary: After hearing nothing but good things about this movie, I have been patiently waiting to watch it. I finally got the chance last night. I have to say " that this is easily one of the best horror films to come out this year, if not the best."

The movie is original, well directed, the pacing is superb, the acting believable, and the sound track is awesome. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this film. It's going to be my next addition to my collection. I can hardly wait to see what the, Soska sisters come up with next!

8.5/10

The Conjuring. Really loved it!

Evil Dead 2013 - I stand by my original rating of 9/10. Seemed even bloodier the second time around.

JAWS 1-4 [1975-1987]

Well I'm happy because I've never seen the fourth one which is about 3/4 done now. Sweet. Truely brilliant classics these are. First is of course the best one but the others are pretty cool too. A very nice Shark afternoon I spent. big_smile

The Grudge 2004 and Ju-On 2002, ( i like to watch the originals too )
there's evidently two more stories with Ju-On which will be next, I remember when this style of film was new-ish ( here in the US anyway ), i think the grudge was first and then there was the Ring and Ringu, up to then it had been a long time since a movie gave me a start, or at least raised my heckles, even more respect to the Asian ghost stories

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-07-20 20:27:43)

Haunted_October wrote:

The Conjuring. Really loved it!

It's trending on twitter.
I was reading some of the comments and people were saying it was scary.
Scariest they have seen like ever.

^^^
Yeah, cool.
Soon. Can't wait...

TURISTAS [2006] rewatch on TV

Damn this movie is badass. Always loved it and been checking it pretty often. Characters are totally fantastic.
AND Melissa George and Olivia Wilde in bikini all the time. Oh yeah.
And what a cool story every part of it was well put together I think, the madman is nuts, the spike in the eye was wild not to mention the organs removal.

The caves underwater part freaked me out. I would NOT like to be in their situations at all. I don't feel good in water much. Yeah I know how to swim and all but underground like this no freaking way. Images are wonderful, especially that scene, very claustrophobic.

Yup, nice one. I always enjoy very much.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-20 23:39:57)

Livide

Pretty weird, and very spooky at times. Could have been better if there had been more people to kill and not such a super weird out artsy ending, which took like 20 minutes. I did enjoy it, but I would have enjoyed a more focussed spookfest more. Cause they were good at that.

After that I tried to watch "Deadline" 1984
I had enough after one hour and went to bed.

Last edited by golem09 (2013-07-21 09:59:07)

P.O.V. A Cursed Film 2012

it seems that found footage is becoming more popular, i can appreciate the style however after a while it gets difficult to stay focused on the visual images,once again thank you freaky asian horror for some early morning adrenaline lol