Topic: The Return of Stop Motion Creatures: The Revenge of Dynamation®

My name is Ron Cole and I'm here to show you what stop motion creature effects look like today...

Have a look-see - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiYfpvELXkE

Re: The Return of Stop Motion Creatures: The Revenge of Dynamation®

I like the Black & White.

Hopefully you'll stick around and not just put that never to be seen again. big_smile

I made a decision to 'branch out' to new forums because I realized that for years I've been talking to the same people who are all in the same business I am so, it gets to be a bit of an echo chamber. We've been really busy refining our craft and getting it ready for a new revolution for indie film special effects but, we didn't feel ready to start really start advertising it yet...  that time has come.  big_smile

What 3D app are you using???

kXnPunk - "3D app"? This isn't CGI, these are real puppets shot with a real camera. I'm new-old school, I can't be happy sitting at a desk pushing buttons and sliding a mouse around all day... my creatures need to be real. big_smile

The main difference between the way stop motion used to look and the way it looks now is how it's composited with motion blurs, atmosphere and any of the other things that can be added for believability in post production. Computer technology threatened stop motion animation with extinction a decade ago... now it's being used for it's revival! big_smile

Here's another look at those birds. The same footage is used over several times to show how versatile the post production process can be in adapting the puppets into new environments... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN2Op5PaIBg

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.
Sweet work.

Nice work!

Thanks guys! big_smile