Topic: Alien Abduction Movies

Hi there fellow Horror hounds!

Aliens. They freak me out, man! Like Stephen Hawkins has said, if intelligent life does come to visit us, chances are it won't be be friendly! They'll either harvest us for food, enslave us, massacre us or anal-probe us to death...

There's something about alien abduction movies that really freaks me out. So, I'm after some more suggestions. smile

What are the greatest Alien Abduction movies of all time?

I'm really looking forward to watching Dark Skies again on DVD soon. I saw it in the cinemas and really loved it - creepy as hell and a great alien abduction movie.  Another that comes to mind is Brad Dourif's Progeny (which isn't bad - it deals with alien abduction AND pregnancy - pretty freaky idea!).

So what alien abduction movies have you seen? - good and bad! Films that center entirely on the phenomena of being abducted by little green men.

Re: Alien Abduction Movies

Fire In The Sky is awesome.

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County is a must see... if only cause it's so damn cheesy, it's fantastic. Plus it's got a young Emmanuelle Chriqui, so that doesn't hurt.

The Fourth Kind was pretty good.

Visitors of the night (tv movie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqNIWBYcwxA

The excellent Steven Spielberg mini series "Taken"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s-I0L9uj1I

The McPherson Tape is probably one of the best alien abduction movies out there. It's that good, but it had a very limited release so it's incredibly hard to track down (I've been trying for a good bit of time).

Note: The film also goes by the name of 'UFO Abduction'.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

The McPherson Tape is probably one of the best alien abduction movies out there. It's that good, but it had a very limited release so it's incredibly hard to track down (I've been trying for a good bit of time).

Note: The film also goes by the name of 'UFO Abduction'.

The  original 1989 McPherson tape and not the remake  "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" ?

This one ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XOqKmkXY9Q

^^
McPherson Tape is on YouTube.  Apparently at some point there was CD-R-like version being sold, but no luck finding it today.  sad

The it was remade with a bigger budget as Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County. (YT link)  It was a UPN(!) TV movie, so I don't know if this is a legal/sanctioned version.

Fire in The Sky is a decent one.

The original Invasion of The Body Snatchers is my favourite alien 'body snatcher' film of all time, if not my favourite science fiction film of all time.

I really liked the Fourth Kind, it can be pretty creepy at times.

Theli wrote:

The Fourth Kind.

By far, all time favorite alien movie.

Fire in the sky is my favorite.

I didn't realize this till I looked it up but universal studios got sued over marketing for The Fourth Kind. Apparently they wanted to make it seem real so they made websites and featured fake news stories about abductions but they used the names of real news stations in that area.

Or is that what the aliens want you to believe?

Fire in the sky was good as was forth of a kind.

Ghostseeker wrote:
Theli wrote:

The Fourth Kind.

By far, all time favorite alien movie.

To be honest I found the split screen effect to be annoying.

^ A lot of people didn't like it Helly.

After checking in my Alienated mind, I've come to the conclusion that THE FOURTH KIND is the best of the kind lol there ever gonna be. It's phenomenal the ideas developped in it. And I liked the split screen/documentary like filming. But the freaking audio is probably why I loved it so much. Crazy audio. big_smile

And Milla's acting of course...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-20 22:29:11)

I can't wait for the Fifth kind.

Punk I totally agree.  The "Found Audio" part, with the recording of the abduction was freaky.  I dug the split screen stuff too...thought it was scary (and unique).  Thought they also did a good job in may ways giving it a real vibe. 

I'm guessing you know this Punk, but they actually created a fake website for Milla's character (The Dr.) to make it look like she was the real deal.  Of course it got busted easy enough.  Some people think that sort of thing is lame, I liked that they wanted to make it seem real.

^^^
Yeah I lnow about it and I think it was just very cool promotion.
Reminded me of the various Blair Witch sites that vere popping out before it got out which I thought were great.

That movie seems so freaking real it's crazy.

I'm a believer. lol

Wow, I'm really in the minority here when it comes to Fourth Kind. I truly hated it. Nothing worked for me. Had they gone one direction, it would have worked. Either full on mockumentary, or full on cinema style, but the back and forth mixing just took me out of it.

The Fourth Kind is on C4 in the UK tonight if anyone wants to check it out. I will just to form my own opinion, seems to split people quite a bit.

The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger from V/H/S was pretty chilling.

^^^
Never heard of it but it's got one of the longest names in the history of cinema. lol

Did you not see the anthology film VHS? It was a segment from it.

Not yet sadly. And it drives me insane. Been waiting so long to see it. Ah well, one day it'll pop in my face.

kXnPunk wrote:

Not yet sadly. And it drives me insane. Been waiting so long to see it. Ah well, one day it'll pop in my face.

That's what she said!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I thought you had seen it for some reason. It's not the best anthology out there, but it definitely has some redeeming segments, the aforementioned being one of them. I'm sure you'll like it when you get around to seeing it.

Last edited by Theli (2013-07-21 20:09:32)