Re: Alien Abduction Movies

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/89/14/88453d2ad1297083e6e1c9bd6c2d319c-thats-what-she-said.jpg

Hahaha

Yeah been since I began hearing about it that I want to see it, seems like ages ago. But what I've read/heard/seen from it yet makes me definitely sure I'll like it.

Communion with Christopher Walken comes to mind, also Evil Aliens

As much as i love horror i love anything to with with alines and the unexplained in general.
My fave alien abduction film has to be Fire in the sky followed by Communion, Betty and Barny Hill and Intruders ... a made for tv mini series ... absolutey brillent.

My all time fave TV show is Dark Skies (the Eric Close and JT Walsh show) that ended way too soon imo. I'm happy it's finally been released on DVD.

Fire in the Sky....all time favorite alien abduction movie....

tamina wrote:

My all time fave TV show is Dark Skies (the Eric Close and JT Walsh show) that ended way too soon imo. I'm happy it's finally been released on DVD.

Didn't even know it was a show. Saw the movie and it was insanely cool. The Aliens are gnarly looking in this.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m89HsD2u2So/UfycVfD_4II/AAAAAAAABg0/7f6QmoFXKlY/s1600/photo+%25283%2529.JPG

lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-05 08:08:18)

KxnPunk Dark Skies TV show has nothing to do with Dark Skies the film smile If you are interested in Aliens you should check out the show ... one of the greatest alien conspiracy shows ever! Great cast too. I wasn't too keen on the film though ... 4/10!

Dark Skies was fairly neat.  Punk, you'd like it, it has Jeri Ryan AND aliens.

My pick is the "UFO Incident" as mentioned here it is about the story of  Betty & Barney Hill.  If you include UFO documentaries than "UFO's Are Real" is quite eerie.  The sound effects and narration definitely had a suspense and horror edge to it.  BTW,  the documentary does include the Betty Hill story, Travis Walton (basis for Fire in the SKy), and was first to discuss the Roswell incident in major detail.  Both of those are widely available online.

If you want to include TV shows than the Unsolved Mysteries UFO segments take the cake.   Some of the stuff included can rival any horror movie for goose bumps. I personally get more chills from suspense than explicit gore as chainsaws and blood spurting.   The Allagash Abductions segment is quite good for thrills.  Especially when they go through hypnosis and recount the incident.  There is also the one about an Australian pilot who went missing after a UFO encounter with his plane. The plane nor the pilot were ever found, quite scary.

There was a boxed set done with all this UFO material.   They did leave out the Gulf Breeze segment as that was proven to be a hoax.  I still got a copy of that segment anyway LOL.

As a side note, i saw Communion as a kid in the theater and thought the book was better.  In fact, my friends wanted to bail out after a half-hour and had to convince them to stay.

Last edited by APWTR (2013-08-10 03:27:13)

Inbred Redneck Alien Abduction.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/cb/17/0a/cb170af9b97076ebbfcb0b89365ba0d9.jpg

Hahaha

Seen "Fire In The Sky" as a kid so it's always been one of my favorite alien movies. I don't think Mothman Prophecies fits into alien abduction category but a lot of odd creepy activity happened in that one like in "The Fourth Kind". Love that creepy atmosphere in that movie.

MYERS4EVER wrote:

Seen "Fire In The Sky" as a kid so it's always been one of my favorite alien movies. I don't think Mothman Prophecies fits into alien abduction category but a lot of odd creepy activity happened in that one like in "The Fourth Kind". Love that creepy atmosphere in that movie.

I didn't like the mothman movie tbh, a lot of mystical mumbo jumbo. The non-fiction novel by John Keel (on which the movie was loosely based on) was way more interesting and scarier.

Mothman sightings were documented and seen too many times by too many people to be labelled a hoax.

I don''t know how I missed this post

Dark skies was good a lot a like signs in a way.

Alien Abduction The McPherson Tape thought it great

A new movie called Alien Abduction (2014) has come out, it's another one those found footage movies.

Also liked Skinwalker ranch, I thought it was great.

I was not fan of Unware at all

V/H/S 2  had story about Alien I think, which I really liked

I remember seeing ad's for Fire in the Sky when I was young and I could never bring myself to watch it until a couple years ago when it popped up on Netflix one day...pretty creepy. Alien abduction is a subject that has freaked me out since I was pre-teen. I tourchered myself watching that show Sightings and X-Files a lot when I was younger.

Dark Skies was pretty creepy damn creepy for me and was a decent effort.

The Fourth Kind when I watched it freaked me out more than about any film I had seen since  The Blair Witch Project.

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1978) is one of my favorite classics in the sci-fi/horror realm.

Almost Human (2013) is one I watched pretty recently and it was short and sweet, really enjoyed it!

Altered (2006) is a rare gem thats often overlooked.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2014-04-15 00:14:08)

Fire in the sky is a very good movie I wish I could find the dvd for cheap. Anyone know of a place I can get it for 5 bucks or less.

I guess I'd re-nominate COMMUNION too.--------THE ALTERED has gotten mentioned as better than it's number of mentions enough times that it'll soon be famous just for such mentions.