Re: Rank the Friday the 13th movies, from your least fave' to your fave'

Well this thread has been inactive for a while but I rewatched the series a couple of weeks ago, so I'm gonna rank them

1.) Friday the 13th (1980): This probably isn't the best film in the franchise, but I've always liked it the best. I love Betsy Palmer, I love Savini's gore, I love the chase sequence, even though it goes on for too long, I just find this movie really enjoyable, even though it really isn't that good.

2.) Friday the 13th Part 3: It's not all that scary and the characters are remarkably flat and annoying, but when it comes to a fun '80s slasher, I always love watching this one. Also, we get the hockey mask for the first time.

3.) Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part 6: Enter Zombie Jason. I love Part 6 because I just feel like the jokes worked better here than in any other film, and I actually cared about some of the characters, something that rarely happens in this franchise.

4.) Friday the 13th Part 2: I know I should like this one more than I do, but it just feels too similar to Part 1 for me to like. I do like the Final Girl, and I do think it's one of the better in the franchise, I just never managed to like it as much as other fans of the franchise do.

5.) Friday the 13th Part 4: Another fan favorite that I just don't like very much. I don't like any of the characters, I find Tommy super annoying in this, and at this point I'm just kinda wondering "How large IS Crystal Lake?" It's more gory than it is scary, and the ending just doesn't do anything for me (it worked a lot better in Halloween 4, even though Halloween 4 came out after this). It's the beginning of the end of the good Friday films for me.

6.) Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood: The last good one, in my opinion, and this one isn't even that good. Jason Meets Carrie, sort of, and it introduces Kane Hodder, which is generally the fan's favorite Jason. I love the unmasking scene, and while a lot of the movie isn't the good, I really like the final showdown between Jason and the Final Girl.

7.) Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan: It's Part 8, so by now we all know this movie is gonna be pretty bad. It's more like Jason Takes a Boat. The acting and characters are pretty horrid, but by now we've come to expect that.

8.) Friday the 13th: A New Beginning: Tommy is now in a group home filled with general '80s slasher cliches, as well as many extra annoying characters who serve no purpose to the plot. And, on top of that, there's no Jason, which I'm really not that upset about, but this is just a pretty bad movie.

9.) Jason X: It takes place in space and Jason is upgraded to become Uber Jason, so it's pretty bad. But once you stop paying attention and just sort of appreciate it for the awful, kinda funny movie it is, it can be enjoyed. And this is great to watch and laugh at with friends.

10.) Friday the 13th (2009): A bunch of unlikable characters played by, on the whole, pretty bad actors. The gore is decent, not the best, the storyline awful, the suspense/surprises bad, a bunch of sex scenes thrown in to take up time, and the whole movie is generally a hot mess.

11.) Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday: Boy what can I say about this movie that hasn't already been said? The plot is ridiculous, the characters are strange, and the entire movie feels like a weird "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" film. Definitely the worst in the series.