Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

BLUE VALENTINE [2010]

Been a long while I had it on my watchlist and I finally saw it tonight on TV. Even more powerful than what I was expecting. Gosling and Michelle Williams have an amazing relationship full of ups and down. Some pretty funny parts too. Was really worth waiting 3 years, now I really gotta get the DVD. big_smile

Vehicle 19.  Dear monkey butts was this boring and nonsensical.  Do you know how scenes that are filmed inside the car tend to be boring?  Well, this is 90 minutes of that.  I drifted off so much that I don't even know what the hell it was about.

Deadly Target (1994).  I love Yukari Oshima but this one was an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.

THE SWEETEST THING [2002] rewatch on TV

Cameron Diaz, Christinan Applegate and Selma Blair in a totally crazy comedy. The blow job stuck in Selma's mouth was freaking funny. So was the boobs at 22 and 26 thing. Not to mention the searching for the lipstick which the biker tought she was eating her pussy. lol

Extremely cool one.

FEAST OF LOVE [2007]

Extremely awesome sad story with wonderful performances especially by Freeman, Radha Mitchell and Selma Blair. Amazing storyline and characters. AND WORTH SEEING for almost 10 minutes long of totally naked Radha. Yum. Very cool one to see. Powerful actors.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-25 23:16:35)

POST GRAD [2009]

Ah man Alexis Bledel is freaking funny in this. And gorgeous. Keaton and Jane Lynch are great too. That damn scene with the grandma trying coffins and the dead cat in a pizza box was wild. Crazy family.

Yup very fun one to watch.

HELLBOY [2004]

I like Golden Army better but still a very, very cool one to watch. Perlman is amazing. I really enjoyed the way my favorite Demon Samael is in this. And his gun is just too freaking amazing. Del Toro OWNZ!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7cknktm0W1rrz1m7.jpg

^^^ Jinx, buy me a coke.  I just finished watching that with my nephew not half an hour ago. lol

Pacific Rim.

Yeah I think I'm done with Del Toro.

^^^
Boooo!!!

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Jinx, buy me a coke.  I just finished watching that with my nephew not half an hour ago. lol

Mwahaha really??? Man that's weird. lol

BASIC INSTINCT [1992]

That is definitely my best crime/cop movie ever. Verhoeven took the basic crime story to a totally other place. Badass sex scenes, twisting and turning storyline, funny lines, man, Catherine throw some killer ones at shooter. big_smile

Saw the 2 a while back, not long really so it was nice to see it back without having to put the DVD on. Which I did to watch the very cool bonus stuff. anyways lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-27 04:59:02)

Grown Ups 2.  Despite not being a fan of Adam Sandler, for some reason I still can't explain I really liked the first one.  But this one?  God-friggin'-awful.  A complete and utter waste of time.  Not even the lovely, lovely Salma Hayek or sultry/sexy Maria Bello could save this one.

"Trees Lounge," from 1996

Good movie

Oh, and I also am in the middle of watching "The Score" (2001).  Which I've seen before, so obviously its good too.

Last edited by Jake Featherston (2013-07-27 13:55:43)

kXnPunk wrote:

FEAST OF LOVE [2007]

Extremely awesome sad story with wonderful performances especially by Freeman, Radha Mitchell and Selma Blair. Amazing storyline and characters. AND WORTH SEEING for almost 10 minutes long of totally naked Radha. Yum. Very cool one to see. Powerful actors.

Does Selma Blair ever get naked?  I might watch a movie to see that...

^^^ Yep.

Highway (2002)
Strong Island Boys (1997)
Storytelling (2001)

big_smile

Boondock Saints. For the 20th time.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Yep.

Highway (2002)
Strong Island Boys (1997)
Storytelling (2001)

big_smile

INDEED. Great ones. Worth just for her. big_smile

MATCHSTICK MEN [2003] rewatch

Cage with a crazy nervous tic, Rockwell as a badass dude and LOVELY BEAUTIFUL Alison Lohman. A father daughter touching story. Rockwell is a monster acting machine. Wonderful performances by all of them. starts saturday movie rocking day very well.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-27 14:48:57)

Avenging Force (1986).  Stars Michael Dudikoff and the late but great character actors Steve James and James Booth.  Dudikoff is a government agent finagled into playing the target of a Most Dangerous Game-style manhunt by four elitist 1-percenters.  Probably Dudikoff's best flick, though the climactic hunting sequence could have been a bit longer.  This is the flick that had reviewers painting Dudikoff as the next Clint Eastwood.  Too bad he didn't capitalize on it.

Premium Rush

RESURRECTING THE CHAMP [2007] rewatch

Samuel L. Jackson and Hartnett are like in everything they do. Perfection.
Amazing story about a journalist and a supposedly ex boxing champ that is now homeless. Enjoyed how they talk about all the old school boxing champs like the real Rocky and Raging Bull. But man, SLJ is amazing. Phenomenal even.

Class of 1999-

Not sure when was the last time watching this movie? I did remember liking it though. After watching it again, it reminded me just how much fun a movie can be when not take too seriously. The SFX weren't as good as Terminator, but for a low budget movie they were top notch. The acting wasn't too terrible. Taken with a grain of salt and a " just go with it " attitude. It's a fun ride. 6.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099277/

BREAKDOWN [1997]

One of Russell I have never seen before. Pretty insane story and great desert shots. What a killer actor this guy is. He rules.

BABEL [2006] rewatch

Now that is an extremely powerful movie. Very intense and great acting. Probably the longest cast list I've ever seen. So many people it's mad. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449467/fullcredits#cast

The Matrix. I expected it to be a bit more po-faced. It's quite silly in its execution, for such a heavy (and pretty much true) idea. I suppose that's why it's so popular. Quite good fun. Crispin Glover would've made a good Neo.

Coonskin

My first Ralph Bakshi film and it was an amazing experience. 9/10

TEMPO [2003]

What a great cast. McDowell, Dancy, Melanie Griffith and my oh so gorgeously lovely Rachael Leigh Cook that I love passionately. Waa also nice to see our Quebecker actor David La Haye in this. A very nice story that takes place in France where a married dude falls in love wit a girl that's american like him. That girl is sexy Rachael and Dancy the dude. Very cool one.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-28 17:24:30)

Coonskin

My first Ralph Bakshi film and it was an amazing experience. 9/10
First of many i hope..The man is a genius..
The Colony.....Not sure if this classifies as horror but it kind of ripped off Tooth and Nail and i mean kind of