Re: Last horror movie you watched?

JoeTerror wrote:

(BTW It's not a horror film but went and saw The Way Way Back today and have to say it is excellent!!! A GREAT summer fun flick!! Sam Rockwell steals the movie and has some of the funniest lines going! Alison Janey was pretty damn good too! Don't miss it!!!)

Trailer for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldFg0M9aX8I&html5=1

Rockwell is always amazing. Have you seen Moon??? Also a great one.

The Moth Diaries 7/10

You're Next. Really witty, satisfying and well shot. 8/10

Dead Silence. Finally got around to watching it and i liked it.

Yea, that's a good one, much better than the remake....ever see April Fools Day?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090655/

golem09 wrote:

Happy Birthday to Me 1981

Why have I never heard of that movie before tonight? A bit cheesy, but the best 80s slasher I've seen.

exothermic wrote:

I've been keeping an eye out for this one.  Has it already been released where you are?

JoeTerror wrote:

Yea, that's a good one, much better than the remake....ever see April Fools Day?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090655/

Yes, i really like that one.

Last night I watched "The Relic."  I almost saw this in the theaters (back in '97), but declined to do so because it didn't look very good.  Letting it age 16 years didn't exactly help matters.  That was a pretty bad movie.

The Conjuring - the acting was a little wooden at times but overall its a fantastic horror film that looks like something straight out of the 70's. Outstanding camera angles, a few decent jump scares and a amazing atmosphere. Def. one of the better theatrical horror films I've seen in a while. James Wan is IMO easily one of the best modern day horror directors around. 8/10

Yes and even better 7 Psychopaths!!

kXnPunk wrote:
JoeTerror wrote:

(BTW It's not a horror film but went and saw The Way Way Back today and have to say it is excellent!!! A GREAT summer fun flick!! Sam Rockwell steals the movie and has some of the funniest lines going! Alison Janey was pretty damn good too! Don't miss it!!!)

Trailer for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldFg0M9aX8I&html5=1

Rockwell is always amazing. Have you seen Moon??? Also a great one.

^ I wanna see this sooooooo bad, just so hard to get there as we gotta find a babysitter.  Think I may have to sneak off and watch it alone, without my wife.  smile

Ok, just finished The Purge.....big disappointment. When I first saw the trailer and premise I was like this looks f-ing good and was psyched to see it, well, glad I didn't waste big bucks at the theater.

Started off strong with the credits alone and various camera shots of past purges, then it just went downhill, the roving toy robot, the wife (Lena Headey) was lifeless as was much of the cast, and some of it just hokey. Not sure who the bad guy was but he was actually probably the best out of any of them. Oh and what should have been a surprise wasnt. A few good shoot 'em ups but a big let down for me.

4/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LLaybEuzA&html5=1

Haven't seen 7 Psychopats yet. Gonna order it at the Film Store in a week though. Seem/Read lotsa excellent stuff about it and saw a bunch of reviews with the freaking AWESOME CAST!!! Woah. Furious. Soon...

Another from the best Horror year EVER. Love everything I've seen from this year. Like mad. Like this one.

LESBIAN VAMPIRE KILLERS [2009] rewatch

Damn what a great Horror Comedy this is. Fantastic characters. Fantastic and gorgeous girls. Story wise it's pretty cool too. A must watch for Vamps, Boobs and Blood lovers. Like me. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-24 23:20:15)

Sorry if I'm slightly off track once more (it is slightly apocalyptic though), but if you like black comedies I watched It's a Disaster last night and what a funny premise!

Four couples meet for Sunday brunch only to discover they are stuck in a house together as the world may be about to end.

Had it been in slightly better hands as far as writing goes it would have been hysterical but overall I laughed quite a bit nontheless. Just the whole I idea and thinking about my party going neighbors and us in that situation made me smile. A nice diversion and a hidden gem in my book.

7/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA9S6Ngz … mp;html5=1

^^^
Oh yeah, a very cool one. Utterly funny.
And yeah, your thoughts about partying were perfect. big_smile

American Mary - honestly after all the hype it got I'm a little disappointed. Not saying it's a bad movie because it's not, just didn't think it was great. 6/10

The Woman In Black - 8/10

A decent ghost story with a solid cast and a well done, creepy atmosphere. It starts off slow, but once it really gets going, it's an intense flick. The main ghost (aka, the woman in black) is one selfish, self-righteous bitch though, I must say. tongue

Evil Dead remake.
6/10
It just didn't click for me.  It was cool to see the various homages, but in the end, the actors just could not carry the film. Bummer.

LoudLon wrote:
exothermic wrote:

I've been keeping an eye out for this one.  Has it already been released where you are?

It hasn't been released theatrically, but it had one showing at the New Zealand International film festival.

ATM (2012)

I thought this was really decent movies and I thought the movies flowed really well , there was one good tense moment in the movies.

I didn't find this movie as intense as others movies that some kind of Same plot, it was very credible movie.

I wasn't to keen as the movies came to the end at all and I wished there explained ending a bit to why was person killing in first place. 

The acting was really good from the small cast   

5 out of 10

Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch

OMG! 7 Psychopaths is awesome! Funny and extremely bloody! Youll love it I know!

clip. LMAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sqmq_-6cwk

kXnPunk wrote:

Haven't seen 7 Psychopats yet. Gonna order it at the Film Store in a week though. Seem/Read lotsa excellent stuff about it and saw a bunch of reviews with the freaking AWESOME CAST!!! Woah. Furious. Soon...
lol

The Rite

Decent enough, though the portrayal of the demonic possessions was kind of underwhelming. Good acting, but it felt stale (and I like my exorcism movies).

6/10

JoeTerror, ROTFLMAO.

DEATH PROOF [2007] rewatch for the million times.

Felt like some Muscle Car stuff. War of the Dodges as Tarentino says in the Bonus of the DVD.

Totally out of your mind cast. Russell, Eli Roth, Rosario Dawson, the extremely sexy as mad Mary-Elizabeth Winstead, Hilarious motherfucking Tracie Thorns but one that takes the movie on her shoulders is definitely Zoe Bell. She's badass. What a fantastic performance. Masterful and damn, it was her first time ever. Yes girl, way to go. Way gorgeous pursuit shots and everything. Ah H3LL this movie is the best car movie ever done period.

To me.

A Dodge Challenger but not any one, Kowalski's white one from Vanishing Point.
What the fuck is Vanishing Point???
We're Gearheads you can't understand.
You like Pretty In Pink. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-25 17:52:34)

Albino Farm 2009

Meh..