Topic: Robert Rusler here from A Nightmare on Elm St. 2

Hey guys and gals. 

Some of you might know me from A Nightmare on Elm St. 2, Weird Science, Vamp, Sometimes They Come Back, and many other movies. 

I wanted to stop in and let horror fans know that I am getting ready to direct a film that I wrote called Black Asylum. 

I filmed a teaser for no budget recently to give the fans a bit of an idea of the story and some flavor.  Check out the story and more at:

www.BlackAsylumMovie.com

From a major horror fan and supporter to all you die hards.  Please check it out. 

Making horror films is my hearts desire.

I'd also love to answer any questions anyone has.  Just let me know.

Thank you,
                 RR

Re: Robert Rusler here from A Nightmare on Elm St. 2

OK, I'll let you go on your claim that you are Mr. Rusler. (We've had some rather... interesting claims before.  No offense meant.)

Running with that, welcome to our community.  We have several other people that are working their way into the industry, so we always welcome folks with experience.

I can't watch the trailer right now, but I'll get back to you with my thoughts in a few hours.

Fell free to introduce yourself in the aptly named "Introduce Yourself" thread.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-07-25 15:31:44)

this is genuine Az! Jamie interviewed Robert and there is a website for this . welcome Robert! smile Vamp is a good film!

You're advertising and haven't tried to be a member of the community. You deserve the treatment the normal folks get, even if you are who you say you are.

Reported.

Cool!  Robert Rusler!  I'm a fan! 

I do have one question: do you have Judie Aronson's number, and if so, can I have it? big_smile

Checked out the teaser.  Wow!  Keith David?  Billy Drago??  Clayton Rohner???  Your Elm Street 2 co-star Marshall Bell????  These are some of my favorite character actors!

Incidentally, I don't use "!" very often, so take my word for it when I say seeing that teaser and scanning your cast list has me genuinely eager to see this.  Best of luck, and keep us posted!

^^
Whoa, I think Lon blew a gasket.  Or he's eating too much fiber.  Either way, my hand-off is done.  Welcome Rob.

@Scav- eh, let it slide.  If Wolfy and Lon are cool with it, why not?  (Maybe he'll get me a job, lol )

Oh sweet trailer.

Kick ass title too.

Black rules all. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum, Robert! It's cool of you to stop by. I'm a fan of both NOES 2 and Vamp (with Vamp being a personal favorite vampire film of mine). Anyway, I enjoyed the teaser trailer. Black Asylum looks like a cool horror flick!

azathoth wrote:

^^
Whoa, I think Lon blew a gasket.  Or he's eating too much fiber.

Honestly?  A little bit of both. big_smile

@Scav- eh, let it slide.  If Wolfy and Lon are cool with it, why not?  (Maybe he'll get me a job, lol )

Yeah, normally I'd smack a dude with a warning or ban for pimping their project without establishing himself as a member of the community first, but when someone like this comes along -- an established actor/filmmaker with a certifiable track record (dude's been in no less than three certifiable fan-favorite flicks) and an obvious love and respect for the genre -- that's another story. 

Plus, as I said, I'm a fan of the guy.  So maybe I'm a little biased. lol

^^
This is why I'm not a mod.

^^^ Still not a good enough excuse.  Why you've not been made a mod by now is beyond my ability to comprehend. hmm

^^
Have you forgotten my freak-out episodes?  Until I get into a normal lifestyle (i.e. some kind of income), I'm going to be volatile.  It's like those Comcast commercials... "Don't poop on a dinner party."  (Or something like that)

HM provides some sanity for me.  Once I get some in-life sanity, I'll be a good mod.  Just not ready for it yet.

azathoth wrote:

"Don't poop on a dinner party."

Oh, crap.  Are we not supposed to do that? 

It would certainly explain why I got all those funny looks at the last family reunion...

poop where you wish Lonnie but not on my lawn there's a good chap! smile

Too late.  Check the garden.  Left you a present. big_smile

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-07-26 14:42:07)

Next thing you know we'll all be peeing on the green dinner foods...

I'm a huge Robert Rusler fan, he's been in some of my favorite flicks, I've seen Vamp so many freaking times I know it by heart, it's downright criminally underrated; I'm down to watch anything he does out of pure loyalty! He does have a killer cast of genre favorites here too. Very down to check it out!