Re: Last horror movie you watched?

JJ wrote:

Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch

I'm one of the few people who likes that movie.  I saw it in the theater during its original release, and it SCARED THE SHIT out of me!  I've watched it since, and some of the scenes (where peoples' heads are, quite oddly, transformed into packets of Jerusalem crickets & snakes) are partially censored/"edited" now.  I'm not even sure its even possible to see an uncensored/"unedited" version of the film, like the one I saw lo these 30 years (or so) ago.

Its actually my favorite "Halloween" movie.  Michael Myers can bite my bag.

The Purge - 6/10 - Good but not great film. Went in without any real expectations and it remained good enough to keep me entertained for it's short duration.

The Conjuring - 5/10 - Unlike The Purge I went into this one with higher expectations and was let down rather hard. It was ok but I felt that the trailers made it seem so much scarier/better than it was.

I watched The Haunting of Helena last night. Wasn't invested in it much.

The House by the Cemetery 1981

i keep seeing this referenced as one of Fulci's Doorway series, i'm taking it that City of the Living Dead 1980 (I always knew it as the Gates of Hell) and The Beyond 1981 are included as well?

Mama. Meh nothing memorable

Jake Featherston wrote:
JJ wrote:

I'm one of the few people who likes that movie.  I saw it in the theater during its original release, and it SCARED THE SHIT out of me!  I've watched it since, and some of the scenes (where peoples' heads are, quite oddly, transformed into packets of Jerusalem crickets & snakes) are partially censored/"edited" now.  I'm not even sure its even possible to see an uncensored/"unedited" version of the film, like the one I saw lo these 30 years (or so) ago.

Its actually my favorite "Halloween" movie.  Michael Myers can bite my bag.

INTERESTING. I never bothered to watch more than Halloween 1, since that one already bored me to hell. So I never knew there was a non Michael Film hidden in that franchise.
Another supernatural Carpenter I haven't seen?
Seems like my lucky day, now I have something to watch tonight!

Mad House

I really enjoyed that movie, great opening scenes,  flowed really well, had some creepy moment in this movie.

The twist really nice kinda of predicable but this worked well with the rest of the movie, I liked the ending of the movie.

8 out of 10

Jake Featherston wrote:
JJ wrote:

I'm actually a staunch defender of this flick myself.  It gets a bad rap mostly from those who go in expecting to see The Shape only to realize it has nothing at all to do with that character, but I think it's actually a pretty good filmic representative of what was going on in the genre at that time.  It's violent, graphic, a bit kitschy...it's like a quintessential 80s horror flick.  And of course it features Tom Atkins, who makes everything  he appears in better.  IMO, natch'.

I'll probably watch it tomorrow night Lon, if you want to join wink

If only I could, man.  I'm still playing host to family right now and get precious little 'net time to myself when they're here.  hmm

I always liked Halloween 3; has a great atmosphere, and Tom Atkins rocks. Said it many times, but I really wish that they would have continued by doing different stories with each installment. Could even have loosely tied them together e.g. throw in some news clips in the background talking about the Haddonfield massacre. Michael is, of course, very cool, but sometimes less is more.

Feast 2005

quite a delightful journey through the fields of WTF, i quite like indie film

Plague Town 2008

yet another trip to WTFville

Most recent Horror film watched and completely let down. Please tell me others were expecting more from an Ethan Hawke/Leena Heady lead Horror/Thriller.

Went in with high expectations, great theme, terrible execution.

My fav. new Horror of the year - Sinister (But I haven't seen Conjuring yet).

Most recent Horror film watched and completely let down. Please tell me others were expecting more from an Ethan Hawke/Leena Heady lead Horror/Thriller.

Went in with high expectations, great theme, terrible execution.

My fav. new Horror of the year - Sinister (But I haven't seen Conjuring yet).

The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh 2012

i know this was probably supposed to be scary and freaky, i quickly lost interest, the same thing happened with Lords of Salem 2012, it looked to me that the imagery is supposed to be so scary that it's not, i got bored pretty quickly with both films

The Fourth Kind (2009)

Decided to watch this seeing as it was mentioned on the alien abduction thread and some people thought it was a good film. I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed by it. Apart from some individual effective and disturbing scenes I was quite uninterested and bored with the rest of it. Much preferred Fire in The Sky (though not a masterpiece itself) I watched fairly recently.

5/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-07-27 08:17:50)

Halloween III.

Pretty good, but the last bit was a small letdown. Gorgeous movie though, and that jingle!

Tonight I'll go for some (mostly Amicus) anthologies I haven't seen yet. Starting now with  Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965).

^^
Glad you liked your H3 view.

Post up some movie ideas for later, I may be in the mood to watch some stuff tonight with you (and anyone else who cares to join).

golem09 wrote:

Another supernatural Carpenter I haven't seen?
Seems like my lucky day, now I have something to watch tonight!

Its actually directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, just for the record.

Polymorph (1996), a J.R. Bookwalter SOV opus.  Stars James L Edwards and Ariauna Albright (both later went on to co-star in the SOV sub-classic Bloodletting a year later).  Hadn't seen this one since its initial release way back when.  Despite the cheap FX and acting (hey, it's a Shot On Video production, what can ya do?) it's a decent little flick.  Not as good as Bloodletting, but still better than 90% of most other SOV flicks.  Though some may think that's not saying much.

I finally got to see Martyrs. When I close my eyes at night I wish I didn't.

It was like a week and a half ago, but Sinister.  Amazing movie.  Actually scared the hell out of me for some reason.

Updated

Madhouse (2004)

I loved the opening  scene of this movies, it was very well made, it had some very stranger and it felt very surreal.

So the movies had it from the very first scenes and I really enjoyed the rest of the movie.

I found the whole movie  flowed really well, well it wasn't fast or slow, it was not boring at at

I have some part of the movie very creepy and some tense moment in this movies, Which I thought were really good.

I really liked how they did the twist, you may see it coming but it done really well and I liked the very last scenes of the movie, 

The deaths scenes were not that bad but I did not liked the affect some of death scenes were from screen.

The acting was really good from the whole cast

8 out of 10

Halloween H20