Topic: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

I don't think I ever made a new thread.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-10-20 05:06:36)

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Oh I'm in next week so I'll finally be part of the crew that I've been so eager to join. YAY!!! big_smile

Plague Of The Zombies 1966
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060841/reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udPstKu5XcM

Been a long while I haven't seen this classic pre Night Of The Living Dead one. And Jacqueline Pearce woah... smile

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

kXnPunk wrote:

Oh I'm in next week so I'll finally be part of the crew that I've been so eager to join. YAY!!! big_smile

Plague Of The Zombies 1966
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060841/reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udPstKu5XcM

Been a long while I haven't seen this classic pre Night Of The Living Dead one. And Jacqueline Pearce woah... smile

Great suggestion. I haven't seen Plague of the Zombies, but I so want to now after having seen that trailer!

I'll suggest that perhaps we consider a few Bruno Mattei films for HFest 2013 (if people can stand them)? They're just so much fun.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Are you trying to ruin H-Fest, Creech, or do you really not know that Bruno Mattei is the Godfrey Ho of Italian horror? big_smile

I kid, I kid.  Mazel.  Anyhoo...

I've come across some pretty weird/wild/cheesy stuff over the last few months.  Stuff like Revenge of the Radioactive Reporter, The Strangeness, I Woke Up Early the Day I Died and a few others that could be fun, given the appropriately slap-happy frame of mind.  But really I'm up for anything.  I just hope I'm not hosting family that weekend.  Love 'em to death but sheesh, a dude needs his chill time...

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

^^^
I Woke Up Early The Day I Died is an amazing one. Haven't seen the others. But Revenge Of The Radioactive Reporter is a great title. And The Strangeness looks cool, with a title like that, can't go wrong. big_smile

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

LoudLon wrote:

....a dude needs his chill time...

Peanut butter chilli time!  Were he at?  Were he at?  <funky dance>

http://wayfaringchocolate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_2327.jpg




OK, excuse that, I was have an Amnesia: Dark Room flashback.  It could've been worse, Creatch could've suggested Lenzi's Nightmare City.  Speaking of which, did you know that Mattei was born in Lazio, Italy?  Seems appropriate, eh?  Eh?

Plague of the Zombies looks good.  I'd stick in Tombs of the Blind Dead trilogy if they weren't so slow.  Maybe stick 'em in late night.

I'm liking Lon's weird movie(s) idea.  Perhaps Winterbeast?  Hmmm...

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Can I add some suggestions as a consultant?

What about Spider Baby, for those who haven't seen it. An odd film for sure but an excellent one in my opinion aswell. Its got Lon Chanry Jr

And perhaps Deranged from 1974 aswell?

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-07-27 18:59:34)

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Rocky Horror.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

It's about time you getting Skype Punk tongue

Hmmm what to watch???
I should see what my brother owns and suggest stuff from there tongue

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

MoonRaven wrote:

It's about time you getting Skype Punk tongue

Freaking H3LL yes it is. big_smile

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

woo

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

LoudLon wrote:

Are you trying to ruin H-Fest, Creech, or do you really not know that Bruno Mattei is the Godfrey Ho of Italian horror? big_smile

I kid, I kid.  Mazel.  Anyhoo...

I've come across some pretty weird/wild/cheesy stuff over the last few months.  Stuff like Revenge of the Radioactive Reporter, The Strangeness, I Woke Up Early the Day I Died and a few others that could be fun, given the appropriately slap-happy frame of mind.  But really I'm up for anything.  I just hope I'm not hosting family that weekend.  Love 'em to death but sheesh, a dude needs his chill time...

The Strangeness! I was able to snag that DVD a couple of months ago, fun flick!

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Vasquez wrote:

And perhaps Deranged from 1974 aswell?

It's exactly as the title implies. big_smile

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Good stuff, keep the ideas coming.

As a warm up, I'm looking to do a movie night.  Look for the thread.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Ok, so when I think of movies to watch on Halloween, these come to my mind.
Poltergeist
Child's Play
Friday the 13th pt. 1
Haven't seen any of these in years.
And I don't recall seeing them on the list for the previous years (unless mom totally blind)
Just an idea.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

what about an "Animals strike back" night featuring films like

Squirm
Day Of the Animals
Night Of the Lepus
Food Of the Gods
The Pack
and any one of others. just an idea.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-08-08 13:48:20)

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

^^
Frogs, lol


@Ravie- Probably will only do 2 or 3 movies on Halloween proper (I have to hand out candy to the kiddies), unless some of our Euro friends want to start it off earlier.  I probably won't be available until 8-9PM US Eastern (+5 hours for the Brits, +6 for Golem).

Then starting Friday night the weekend-long extravaganza starts.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-08 19:52:19)

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

It's all good.
I'd like to join in at some point.
We don't usually go anywhere on Halloween. Except last year we did.
But we'll see when the day is closer.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

MoonRaven wrote:

It's all good.
I'd like to join in at some point.
We don't usually go anywhere on Halloween. Except last year we did.
But we'll see when the day is closer.

want to hear what you sound like Marcia.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Ohhh FROOOGS!!! What an insane one. lol

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Evil Bong.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Time to start getting serious about HFest planning.

I started a new Google doc that you all can add to-

HM HorrorFest 2013 ideas & suggestions.

You can leave your name if you want, but please leave an IMDB link so I have the correct movie.  If you have a trailer and/or YouTube/StageVu link, you can leave those too.
Note- I only use YT & StageVu because they have stated copyright policies.  If you find a vid that is copyright free, that is also OK.

Here is what we did the last 2 years-
2011-
HFest 2011 schedule (this was a whoozy- I was online for all but 6 movies.)

2012-
HFest 2012 schedule- this wasn't quite as bad; I got 8 hours of sleep this time.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

I'm bumping this 'cause I just spent 3 hours working on the speadsheet.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

^^^
Now that's what I call dedication. Thanks HM Monkey man boy dude. You ROCK like freaking H3LL. Off to check those out.

Re: HFest '13 Suggestion thread.

Hello all you non-monkey freaks,

I gotta get crackin' on some more ideas.  Tell me when some of you want to get together.  The other option is that I pick all the movies.


edit- I'm going to be on SKype on and off tonight, so if you post I may be there.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-09-12 17:15:14)