Re: Freaky weather Thread

Well it stormed real bad here like at 4:00am this morning and our tornado warning siren went off in town for like 45 minutes.

I was up to make sure we'd know to go downstairs if anything came our way, but it completely missed us.  Doesn't seem like this one was as bad as they thought it was going to be for my area.

the5thdroog wrote:

I was up to make sure we'd know to go downstairs if anything came our way, but it completely missed us.  Doesn't seem like this one was as bad as they thought it was going to be for my area.

I usually can sleep good through a storm but they sirens downtown was loud as hell and the wind was brutal this morning. My parents called me around the time it happened and they said they were about to head to the basement at their house lol and for me to get in the closet but I told them nah.....if I'm gonna die it will be in my bed lol.:lol:

Anyone Freaky weather moment anyone
This week been really dull
No rain, no wind, no snow, and no Heatwave, Just Sunny now and again.
Nice 15c

it has been in the upper 90's all week here in California.. then yesterday out of the blue it rained and was down to the lower 70's..  today it back at 88 ..

I lived in Wisconsin for several years.Winters would get down to -10 to -15F w/ windchill.Spent several winter days shoveling snow for 8-9 hrs a day.

its 91 degrees

It's really windy at the  moment about 40 -50MPH,
The door and window are banging and the house is also going oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lol
I love it, (shead door just broken, my next doors window just broke yikes)
for last 45 mins

Last edited by BASSI (2009-10-03 06:20:03)

The UK got Huge heatwave at the moment, the longest heatwave I can remember ever!

it been going for least 12 days and it's will be getting even hotter this week.

I hate it when lawn gone all yellow, not shocked about as  its' been the direst July since 1825!  :0(I looked it's up)

BRITAIN will bake on the hottest day of the year today as officials warn the extreme heat could kill thousands.

he Met Office is issuing a serious Level 3 heatwave alert so health staff are ready to act.

The warning for today and tomorrow, upgraded from Level 2, means thermometers are likely to breach 90F (32F) on day 12 of what is shaping up to be the longest heatwave in history.

Forecaster Dan Williams said: "Heatwaves can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases. We are planning to issue a Level 3 health alert with the rest of the week looking hot." Today was set to be the hottest so far, he added.

As temperatures head towards record levels, experts predict the scorching weather could hold out all summer, with one forecasting a long, hot autumn. Leon Brown, of The Weather Channel, said: "The circulation is very different to the past six years with the jet stream much further north.

"We may now end up with warmer than normal sea temperatures from late summer to the autumn which will help extend the warmth."

Met Office health alerts come into force when temperatures are not expected to fall below 90F in the day and 64F at night.

They are issued jointly with Public Health England, whose head of extreme events, Professor Virginia Murray, said: "Deaths quickly follow after one to two days of a heatwave, making it essential to have plans in place beforehand."

Health experts warned people to keep cool and keep an eye on friends and neighbours.

Saskia Welman of the National Federation of Occupational Pensioners said she hoped healthcare agencies had ensured that the most vulnerable knew how to prevent heat-related emergencies.

She said: "In previous years, sudden heatwaves have resulted in the death of more than 2,000 pensioners and it is imperative that older people take great care.

"Dehydration and heat stroke among the elderly is a real risk and it is vital that we all look after each other in these conditions.

Joe Mulligan, of the British Red Cross, warned people to stay indoors during the hottest times.

He said: "Deaths during this hot spell could run into the thousands. It is important to drink at least half a glass of water every 15 minutes and stay indoors and take advantage of air-conditioned buildings."

His warning came after an elderly woman had to be rescued by fire- fighters after she became trapped in her deckchair.

The pensioner was sunbathing in the chair in her garden in Polruan, Cornwall, when the seat fell through, leaving her stuck in the frame. She is believed to have spent hours in the chair in scorching temperatures on Monday.

The woman, in her 80s, was found by a neighbour at 10pm and the alarm was raised.

Crews from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service arrived and quickly freed the woman, according to a spokeswoman.

The pensioner was taken to hospital for treatment.

The heatwave has brought a welcome boost to British tourism with thousands flocking to parks and beaches day after day.

Supermarket sales of summer barbecue food and drinks have also soared - - and they could continue to rise with one forecaster predicting the longest heatwave since 1976.

Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services, said: "I have rarely seen a run of hot weather like this and it is showing no signs of slowing down.

"In fact it is going to get even hotter with the chance in some isolated spots we could see 100F."

"The whole country is facing weeks of baking temperatures, with all sorts of records at risk before the end of the summer."

Saturday was the hottest day of the year so far with 89F recorded at Seavington, Somerset.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415393 … -thousands

It's far too hot for me. I'm thinking of moving to Siberia.

I looked a BBC weather for next week,  it not cooling down at all but there maybe some rain showers for Midlands next Monday, 

The looks of it Heatwave is here stay next Friday 28°

Accorind to met check it's end Sat 27 Jul

That's sounds like here all the time.
It's 33 Celsius right now, 43 with humidex.
IT's nasty.

That's sounds like here all the time.
It's 33 Celsius right now, 43 with humidex.
IT's nasty.

We keep getting a mixture of heat and rain.  Hot and humid as hell one day (like yesterday), thunder and lightning and heavy rainfall the next (like right now).  Here I am trying to start a cycling routine and I can't tell from one day to the next if I need to wear a parka or coat myself with sunscreen. lol

I just experienced a Sharknado!  Whee......

Last edited by azathoth (2013-07-18 20:22:04)

^^^
Hahahaha

Windy as mad, destruction happened in Montreal but here just a few small things. Not as strong winds. But yep wooohooo freaking hot. Which sadly goes down after the rain storms.

We had crazy rain and thunderstorms here yesterday.
A lot of the power is still out. Thankfully not in my neighborhood.
Bf has power but no Internet.
Tons of big ass branches down around town too.
We caught the beginning of it in Toronto. we got rained on walking back to Union Station. Half way there we called a cab. It was nuts.

Well today there news reports that UK will get very bad thunderstorms this week.

I am hoping I not stuck in it tomorrow

Heatwave is Finally coming to end but it going with HUGE BANG ,

Heavy rain and thunderstorms have been forecast for parts of the UK over the weekend.

The Met Office has issued a yellow warning with thunderstorms over France set to move in to southern, eastern and central areas of England on Saturday.

The thundery weather is expected to move further north and spread into parts of Scotland and Wales on Sunday.

The Met Office's warning puts people on standby for possible travel disruption and surface water flooding.

The yellow rain alert - the lowest of three levels, meaning "be aware" - is for London and south-east England, south-west England, the Midlands, East Anglia, and Yorkshire and Humber on Saturday.

The warning is extended to north-west and north-east England and parts of South Wales on Sunday.

England's south-east is forecast to receive the worst of the rain, with as much as 30mm of rain within an hour, and 50mm within three hours in some places, according to the Met Office.

BBC weather forecaster Ben Rich said torrential downpours were expected to start in the mid-afternoon and by the end of Saturday night would spread into southern and central Scotland.

He said there has already been some thunder and lightening across parts of Kent as the storms pushed northwards from France.

In its weather warning, the Met Office said: "Thunderstorms and areas of heavy, thundery rain are expected to move north from France during the course of Saturday afternoon and evening.

Fire at a block of flats
Lightning was blamed for a blaze in a block of flats at Greenock on Thursday
"The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel, due to surface water flooding and lightning strikes."

Despite the rain, temperatures will remain warm for most of the country with a high of 24C (75.2F) expected in central and eastern England on Sunday afternoon.

Glasgow and Ayrshire in Scotland, and Antrim and Down in Northern Ireland faced flooding on Thursday.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was called to flash floods around the country and a fire in a block of flats in Greenock, thought to have been caused by a lightning strike.

July has seen the longest spell of hot weather to affect the whole of the UK since July 2006 as temperatures exceeded 28C somewhere in the country for 19 consecutive days.

The highest temperature for seven years - 33.5C - was recorded in west London earlier this month.

On Tuesday morning, I Woke to my dog going balmy, as the rain was lashing down, for no-stop for 30-40 min longs.

The ground was so dry that. it didn't soak into the mud, so water some falling down the garden steps, like waterfall, before I knew water in patio was rising really fast, It was ankle deep water

Ouch!!! Best of luck to you all british folks.