Topic: Call to Artists -- Mirthy's 3rd annual Halloween Art Show!
Call to Artists - September 2007
The following exhibit is open to artists of all mediums, including but not limited to painting, printmaking, sculpture, drawings, photography and mixed media.
CathARTic 3: REEL SCARY Group Show: October 26â€”31, 2006.Â
In celebration of the Halloween season, each participating artist is asked to exhibit a piece (or pieces, up to four) that takes the title of an established horror film, and turns it on its ear! You would have to come up with an image invoking the TITLE of the piece, and not use any of the imagery from the source material or key art.
An example would be NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. You could NOT use any of the imagery from the films: No Freddy, no Glove, no Hat, no red and green alternating stripes, no Nancy or her house. But you could (as a simple example) put a female horse on Elm Street at night.Â
This is the third year for this successful event, this year to be again held at the 20th Century Center in Wichita, KS. This year, it will be held in conjunction with a Night of Short Horror Films on the evening of October 26. (a separate call for filmmakers will be sent)
Deadline for submission intent: Friday, September 28, 2007Â
Selected art to be delivered to venue by October 19, 2007
20th Century Center
536 N Broadway St
Wichita, KS 67214
1. Submit via email. If large file, please send in a zip file. Links to website accepted. Or...
2. Please submit a CD with jpeg images or photographs ONLY. There is no image limit on CDs. Slides will not be accepted.Â
3. Image annotation sheet indicating PRICE, medium, size, title and brief description of work. If piece submitted not for sale (NFS), please note.Â
4. Artist BIO, including name, address, phone number, web-site and email address. Please do not submit a resume. A BIO is a well-written summary of your artistic statement and resume.
5. All artwork must be owned 100% by the artist and must not garner more than an R rating for general audiences (no genitalia or explicit sexual acts)
6. All artwork to be hung must be mounted or framed, or have some sort of hanging system in place. No loose pieces will be accepted.
â€¢Â All artwork (unless noted as "Not For Sale") is accepted on a consignment basis. Standard commission of 20% will apply.Â
â€¢Â Artist is responsible for timely delivery and pick up of his/her artwork from the gallery.Â
â€¢Â Sculptors must supply their own pedestals if necessary.
â€¢Â Artists are responsible for assisting in the show promotion, including but not limited to mailings to personal mailing list, links on personal web-site, etc.
â€¢Â It is preferred if artists can be present at the show reception for part of the evening.
website: www.mirthquake.net/cathartic (coming soon)
Phone: (316) 788-8828
Cell: (316) 680-1296