Re: Punk Rock Thread

All classics indeed.
And man, the design of their album with the blue circle on black, fantastic.

52

Re: Punk Rock Thread

yeah i have a shirt with just the blue circle on it.. so cool.

Re: Punk Rock Thread

So do I. lol
Love it.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-14 09:28:44)

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Just to take the taste of spam away.
You might not get all of the British tv references but you'll get the gist of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsS6_XS … ata_player

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Hahaha AWESOME!!!

Thanks Lord Cap!!!

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Want to know the best bit punkie ? I made the video for a friend's band ;-)

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Love it!

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Cap Howdy wrote:

Want to know the best bit punkie ? I made the video for a friend's band ;-)

Even more AWESOME!!!
Very sweet.

Re: Punk Rock Thread

THE ACCÜSED. I could spend years talking about this band as they are one of my favorite ever. Splatter Punk with insane riffs and sound. Blaine's vocal is mad and they are extremely Horror oriented in their lyrics. They also have that kinda Zombie girl called Martha as a mascot and they also write songs about her. They truely kick ass. All their albums are good but my favorite one is definitely Martha Splatterhead's Maddest Stories Ever Told which you can hear right here. ENJOY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCNebjPWCY

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/imgs/hed/art16824widea.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-18 08:17:11)

Re: Punk Rock Thread

CBGB and Jack Daniels, what a great mix. That's mostly what I was drinking the various visits for shows I made there. Home as I call it.
RIP Home Sweet Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdcqAns0VIw

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Definitely the best from Fat Mike and crew.
NOFX-Punk In Drublic Full Album
http://youtu.be/5MVbxdFM7Zw

http://img.youtube.com/vi/6axOY4PBusk/hqdefault.jpg

Re: Punk Rock Thread

I could never get into those guys. I bought their first LP and just gave it away. It had sweet cover art though, now when I look back I should have kept it for that alone, but their massacre of Iron Man makes me puke with rage.
http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album_NOFX-NOFX.jpg

Last edited by Theli (2013-07-29 11:18:27)

Re: Punk Rock Thread

I also loved the Accused, one of the few punk bands I listened to in high school.

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Hahaha Yeah what a cover.

After Punk In Drublic, I like their live one a lot.

I Heard They Suck Live which they don't, far from that. lol

http://data.whicdn.com/images/51530865/Nofx-I_Heard_They_Suck_Live-Frontal_large.jpg

Re: Punk Rock Thread

This dude was the Punkest motherfucker that ever existed. Crazy insane mad nuts he was. And that's why we loved him. big_smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lle4caXQoq1qid36qo1_500.jpg

Re: Punk Rock Thread

kXnPunk wrote:

Hahaha Yeah what a cover.

After Punk In Drublic, I like their live one a lot.

I Heard They Suck Live which they don't, far from that. lol

http://data.whicdn.com/images/51530865/Nofx-I_Heard_They_Suck_Live-Frontal_large.jpg

last show i went to was lagwagon and nofx at HOB anaheim.....i was the only guy in the pit, or the whole HOB, with a leather jacket on...fat mike pointed me out in the pit and said "that guy has to be fuckin hot" then el hefe said "who does he think he is?? tim armstrong??"...i was soooo stoked!!! i got noticed by fat mike!!!! and i had an old school lagwagon shirt on....i crowd surfed all the way to the stage while lagwagon was on, and i looked straight a joey cape, screamin my head off and he smiled and shook my hand real quick....joey touched my hand!!!! soooo stoked.....that was the best show i've been to in a while.....i've seen agent orange, angry samoans, CH3, addicts, tsol, descendents, the dickies....even black flag with keith morris (golden voice concert)!!! but none compared to that night.....

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Theli wrote:

I could never get into those guys. I bought their first LP and just gave it away. It had sweet cover art though, now when I look back I should have kept it for that alone, but their massacre of Iron Man makes me puke with rage.
http://www.amiright.com/album-covers/images/album_NOFX-NOFX.jpg

their maximum rock and roll shit is probably the closest they get to having that old school sound....it was their first shit anyways....but nofx isnt widely accepted amongst the hardcore scene....but i like that....i'd pick nofx over gbh any day!!!

Re: Punk Rock Thread

^^^
Well not me. GBH kicks Fat Mike and the guys' asses. lol

But very cool your Lagwagon/NoFX show thing. Very nice and must be in your memories forever.

Can't say what show can be compared to what you said for me. Saw sooo many of them. Probably The Misfits with Danzig. Or Dead Kennedys. Maybe 7 Seconds with Circle Jerks too. Can't tell, so many great ones... big_smile

Re: Punk Rock Thread

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Well not me. GBH kicks Fat Mike and the guys' asses. lol

But very cool your Lagwagon/NoFX show thing. Very nice and must be in your memories forever.

Can't say what show can be compared to what you said for me. Saw sooo many of them. Probably The Misfits with Danzig. Or Dead Kennedys. Maybe 7 Seconds with Circle Jerks too. Can't tell, so many great ones... big_smile

misfits with danzig is for a sure a legendary experience....i envy that...

not much of a brit punk fan...shams ok..varukers got some good songs...i really like subhumans of course...but what punk doesn't??...but im really not a fan of street punk...im skate punk, thrash, and hardcore all the way....agression has to be my all time favorite band...i had the oppurtunity to open for agression(of course, the only original member is the drummer...but hes very influential to me seeing i play the drums)....opened for ill repute and battalion of saints...those were really big shows for me...but meeting the drummer from agression before the show was a huge moment....saw east bay ray play with his band....showed him my dk tatt and he gave me the thumbs up....sooo stoked, haha....im gettin carried away with my memories...anyways, i never was really into the british.....though feeding of the 5000 is fun i must admit!!

Last edited by letschopcats666 (2013-08-01 01:40:59)

Re: Punk Rock Thread

^^^
Yeah, Crass is my all time favorite Punk band and they will be ad vitam aeternam. Anarchy, Peace, Love, Crass. big_smile
Big fan of old school Stiff Little Fingers and The Clash of course.

But Agression man, what an incredible band. Saw them live various times and they are amazing. Cool that you could meet him. That was the same for me when I met Brody Dalle from Distillers, girl is RAD. She's definitely the girl of my dreams. smile

Re: Punk Rock Thread

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah, Crass is my all time favorite Punk band and they will be ad vitam aeternam. Anarchy, Peace, Love, Crass. big_smile
Big fan of old school Stiff Little Fingers and The Clash of course.

But Agression man, what an incredible band. Saw them live various times and they are amazing. Cool that you could meet him. That was the same for me when I met Brody Dalle from Distillers, girl is RAD. She's definitely the girl of my dreams. smile

even though im not much of a crust or anarcho fan, steve has one of the coolest voices for punk rock.....snotty bratty and slurry...

i looove stiff little fingers...good ol' irish punk....from the magical late 70s....the clash, to me, is overrated....theyre great musicians, yes...but when considered a punk band, theyre not on my list....i do like their self titled though....career opportunities is an awesome song....garage land too....

brody is fucking hot...sing sing death house was pretty good....i actually liked it a little more than their first...which is uncommon for punk...usually the first album is the best....im not much into them anymore though....i gave my distillers albums to my girlfriend, haha....she has that feminist attitude, so she could relate a little more than me.....

you like late 70s LA punk??? the dills?? the eyes??? avengers?? rik L rik??? simpletons???

Re: Punk Rock Thread

SLF's Breakout is to me the best Punk song EVER. Tha bass line is just way too badass, Always loved pop sounds.

Yeah Brody is not only very hot but also extremely cool. Spent like an hour talking to her and it was a true blast. But my favorite album is strangely their last, Coral Fang. Like Brody said in an interview, we went just like Black Flag, Punk doesn't need to be fast to be good and I totally agree. Like Black Flag's Damaged, that song is truely insane and amazing. big_smile

Yeah I love 70's LA Punk. Avengers are amazing so are the ones you mentioned. Weren't The Germs from LA too??? Yeah, wiki told me that they were. Man I freaking LOOOVE The Germs, so damn good.

Re: Punk Rock Thread

yea...Germs were one of the original Masque bands....the germs were actually the first punk record ever put out in LA....77 i believe.....you ever hear of the masque??

Re: Punk Rock Thread

Yeah, a Punk spot doing shows kinda like Gillman Street right???

Re: Punk Rock Thread

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah, a Punk spot doing shows kinda like Gillman Street right???

yeah...like the gillman(my band actually played there a while back...super cool....even though there werent many people there...there  were a couple shows join that night, and the gillman aint like it use to  be) but The Masque is where the Germs and all the other late 70s bands played all the time...place is abandoned now though.....look up the book "we got the neutron bomb"...its all about the early LA scene....the books way better than American Hardcore....