Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Last Exorcism 2-  IMO, a waste of my time. 4/10

Thankskilling 3- Dumb, dumb, dumb. A shame because the first one was good for a few laughs. 3.5/10

"Bram Stoker's Dracula" (1992)haven't seen it for a while and i noticed this time that a lot of the performances are over the top ( e g  Anthony Hopkins) but i still like it and it has some great sequences. 9/10

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Are you sure of that because there was one called Myst too. But it came later I think.

No, I'm quite sure.  It was an interactive fiction game based on King's "The Mist."

Here's a link:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/mist

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1141263934-00.jpg

Last edited by Jake Featherston (2013-08-04 16:11:21)

LoudLon wrote:

Halloween III was producer John Carpenter's attempt to create a new series of stand-alone films under the "Halloween" title, rather than simply a series of films about Michael Myers.  Loads of fans felt ripped off when they went into the theaters expecting to see The Shape only to find he was nowhere to be seen.

I went in assuming it would be another "Michael Myers" film, and was forever scarred by something infinitely more horrific.  That is one fucked up little film.

*SPOILER ALERT*

One thing I really liked about it was the way that the secret TV transmission that would kill all the children in North America was called "the Big Giveaway."  As in a sacrifice.  They were telling people to tune in to the Big Sacrifice...where their children would all be the sacrificial victims.  I totally didn't catch that at the time, and only noticed it a few years ago, when my ex-wife and I watched this on Halloween.  That's just freakin' morbid.

Ghostseeker wrote:

State of Emergency - Zombie movie that's an instant on Netflix.  I don't recommend many movies, but there was something refreshing and unique about this movie.  Very entertaining.  Even a couple pretty tense parts.  I'm bout zombie-movie'd out, and almost didn't give this a go.  Very glad I watched it.  Highly recommend it.

That is also the last horror film I've seen.  Its not great, but it definitely works at some levels, and is probably something any serious horror fan would want to see.

Romero's Day of the Dead 1985. I'm a moron. Many years ago I was drunk and watched the wrong movie thinking I was watching this one. I´m a zombie freak, love Romero and what I watched thinking it was it was so bad I never wanted to think about it again until now that I got the real movie.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994). re watched this and saw it at the cinema when it first came out. always puzzles me why this got so much bad press. to me it is the second best version of the classic tale after "Frankenstein: The True Story (1973). 8/ 10.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-08-04 18:44:30)

^^^
Yeah a very cool one. H3LL of course, Frankie always rule in everything he's in. Great actor this Monster is. lol

THE FROZEN GROUND [2013]

Woah man, get Nicolas Cage, John Cuzack and the 2 extremely sexy hot goregeous and lovely Rhada Mitchell and Vanessa Hudgens [who plays a stripper] and you have an EXCELLENT little piece. Damn, even 50 Cents is in it so yep, wild story, beautiful images and superior acting. Of course hey, Vanessa is in it and thay girls drives me outta my minf. big_smile

Fun time spent.

The Beast Within 1982

For some reason the hamburger scene stuck with me all these years, i must have been l15 or 16 when i first saw it, whenever i hear/see the title of this film that's what i get lol

BIG TITS DRAGON (2010)
http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/bigti.php

With a title and a trailer like that, I cannot NOT like this. Quite the opposite actually. Japan RULEZzzz!!! ^_^

The Exorcist II: The Heretic

I've been avoiding this one for a while because I've heard it's horrible and I'm a huge fan of the original and the third and I tolerate the two prequels but man that was just as bad as I was expecting. 2/10

Last edited by maudet (2013-08-06 10:09:36)

Fell asleep watching Nightbreed this morning.

Warlock 1989

it's almost horror, still pretty good

Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat 1989

so evidently it's 80's night, grasshopper and ash, in the same movie, the only thing that would make it better is frikkin sam elliot dude

Night of The Devils (1972) 'La Notte Dei Diavoli' by Giorgio Ferroni

This is basically a full feature length film of the same story that inspired the Vulderlak segment in Mario Bava's Black Sabbath (1964).

It is a pretty good film though. Not that far from matching Bava in the visual stakes (but to do so is pretty impossible). The performances are perhaps stronger from the cast (but not stronger than Karloff's same character in Black Sabbath). On its plus side I guess its got boobs and more gore in it. Overall a 8. Recommended for those who like old school 60/70's gothic horror.

Not really sure I'd call it horror but a fun little action thriller. The main cannibal was pretty creepy. Forced underground by the next ice age, a struggling outpost of survivors must fight to preserve humanity against a threat even more savage than nature.

At least it felt like something I hadn't really seen before.

7/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZENI7UC3WQo&html5=1

Jake Featherston wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Are you sure of that because there was one called Myst too. But it came later I think.

No, I'm quite sure.  It was an interactive fiction game based on King's "The Mist."

Here's a link:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/mist

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1141263934-00.jpg

What was I thinking... lol

Ahhh Angelsoft, used to love their shit. ThanX for bringing me back then buddy.

I re-watched May (2002) last night, which I enjoyed. I liked the ending and the scene with the blind kids the best, though I thought the last third of the film dragged a little bit. 8/10

Tokyo Gore Police.

Alice, Sweet Alice (1976).  Always a good watch.

^ I've always wanted to get it on DVD/Blu-ray but it's near impossible to find. For region 2 anyway.

Yeah, I had to go the torrent route (not that I'm endorsing that kind of thing).

Silent House - was a total waste of time. Uncreative, no suspense, not scary and hardly any violence at all. Just another Hollywood crapfest.  4/10

Horror Hotel aka City of The Dead (1961).

8/10.

Asylum 2008

Meh