Re: Whats the 1 film you hope never gets the remake treatment

I really just dont want to see any film be redone.  It's not necessary and it lacks creativity which is one of the best parts of film making.  I am also completely against remakes.

Most of the movies I wouldn't want to see remade have already been done.
TCM
Psycho
The Shining
or
are in the works mad
Black Christmas
Pet Sematary

If I had to choose one to leave out of the remake trend, I couldn't.
I can pick at least four though. tongue
I hope they never remake..

The Brood
Poltergeist
The Exorcist
Hellraiser

I dont think I could ever see The Exorcist being remade...

I think some people depend on remakes to watch the classics. Because in countries like India we don't have all the DVDs available as in USA. I am waiting from ages to watch the original Halloween, but DVDs are not available here and TV channels don't show this film. The only way left is to purchase the DVD online but that will cost too much due to delivery charges. If they remade the Halloween movie, I can watch it in the theatre which will give a better thrill. I have a list of 250 top horror movies but can't find most of the movies here. I tried DVD rentals too but so many movies are not available. Example Poltergiest..did i spell that right?

Any helpful ideas?

Luckily I found TCM (Tobe Hopper) in a DVD rental shop with a different name (USA Ferox). Now a days there is a f***ing trend here to translate English movies into local languages depending on the state. Top box office movies like Pirates, Underworld, Superman are released in English (in major cities) and dubbed into Hindi (national language) and dubbed into some state languages for those who don't know Hindi. I prefer to watch in the original English language.

Hi Nosferatu,

I was under the impression that The Shinning starring Jack Nicholson was a original and not a remake. Please explain it is a remake of which movie.

ban, Nicholson was in Kubrick's original adaptation of King's book.

King though is apparently displeased with aspects of Kubrick's book and he asked Mick Garris (The Stand, Desperation, and creator of Masters of Horror) to helm a remake for TV which he wrote. (i think)

So, Garris' version is the remake...Kubrick's is the original.  I haven't seen either one...I plan to after I read the book but I got a lot on my plate right now.

The Nicholson version is the only one you want to watch. The mini-series was long and boring on DVD. I guess if you watched it on TV over a period of time it wouldn't seem long, but still boring. It's just laid out on the table for you to watch with no suspense and no creepiness to it at all.
Nicholson IS Jack Torrance and no one will top his performance......

Yea i have to agree.  Nicholson deserves an emmy winning performance as Jack Torrence.  The other version I saw on the sci-fi channel and it was downright crap.  Really boring, and didnt have the same suspense the original had.

Thanks for the information, thegoldensimatar. I had watched the Kubrick's version. Highly recommended as agreed by DemonToSome.

I might hurt someone if they remake The Burning or The Prowler...other than that I'm fine with remakes.

Now this is just my opinion, but I personally never want to see any cult classic being remade.  I wanna see some originality.  I wanna see original films with the same suspense and horror in which the cult classics held.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-28 18:27:52)

An American Werewolf in London. No way, no how. This movie is a classic that should never even be used in the same conversation as the word 'remake'. Can you imagine them replacing the original transformation scene with a CGI version of it instead? Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Couldn't agree with you more Leon.  If An American Werewolf in London was to be remade I dont think I would have seen it.

i dont want the Warriors remade but i hear they are. a real upset if ya ask me.

Hellraiser....... Can't imagine anyone else as Pinhead other than Doug Bradley.
I couldn't even get into Gary Tunnicliffe as Pinhead in his "No More Souls" short on the Hellraiser: Deader DVD

I couldnt see anyone else directing Hellraiser either, except of coure THE CREATOR.  Clive Barker.

Don't Look Now. 

And a quick search on IMDB just told me they already are.  Fuckers.

I hope they don't try to remake Alien or Friday the 13th, and if they to remake a nightmare on elm street, then I'll really be pissed.

Last edited by redpaint666 (2006-10-17 18:03:40)

I'd hate to see Alien remade. That film is perfection and could never be replicated.

I personally can't stand the remake craze right now but it will pass eventually and when I think back, a couple of my favourite films (The Thing 1982 and The Fly 1986) were remakes so who knows, maybe a masterpiece of a remake will come out.

i hard there remaking friday the 13th and nightmare on elmstreet but i wish they werent remaking it i hope they never remake hostel or the saw's

i would say 
Hellraiser - NO!, don't make a remake
The Thing
MISERY   

Stir of echoes (i can't believe i forgot i had this movie on video tape) great movie

Barker is going to remake his own baby (Hellraiser) so I can go along with that.
I have a feeling he will kill off Pinhead in it, since thats his plan in his book "The Scarlet Gospels".

i hope they dont remake childs play, even thought they didnt get chuckey lookin all that good, it still a good movie. and also any of the stephen king movies should be left alone.