Topic: Twilight zone or Tales from the Darkside???

of course theres Night Gallery and Tales from the Crypt..i love both very much(Tales from the Crypt is an automatic classic)...but these two shows just mean so much to my childhood....i grew up with Tales from the Darkside in the early 90s and i never missed a new years Twilight Zone marathon on syfy.....but to answer my own question, Tales from the Darkside was always a bit creepier....the intro always infactuated me....

Re: Twilight zone or Tales from the Darkside???

Tales from the Dark Side, for me.  I remember catching an occasional Twilight Zone in my youth but TFTDS was like Twilight Zone for my generation.  I was into that show before I ever became a genuine horror fan.  I still remember nearly tossing my cookies at the end of the episode where an old man refuses to believe he's dead so to convince him, his family loads his dinner up with pepper, he sneezes, and his nose falls off. lol

I have season 2 of Tales from the Darkside.
Want the first one before I start watching it.

If I had to choose which show I liked better based solely on its merits, regardless of genre, then it's The Twilight Zone.  The Twilight Zone wanted to entertain and also give you something to think about.  Tales From the Darkside was definitely the better horror show, but I think The Twilight Zone was simply a better show.

Errrrrrrrm I'll go with Tales from the dark side but i love all those 80's series like Outer limits, Twilight zone, Tales from the crypt and esp The Night Gallery. Shame i can't get some of these classics on region 2 DVD. I must get a multi region DVD.

tamina wrote:

Errrrrrrrm I'll go with Tales from the dark side but i love all those 80's series like Outer limits, Twilight zone, Tales from the crypt and esp The Night Gallery. Shame i can't get some of these classics on region 2 DVD. I must get a multi region DVD.

Twilight Zone and Night Gallery were actually both from Rod Serling....cool to know....

See, I own both on DVD/Blu-Ray and love watching both. But my instant reaction to this is The Twilight Zone. I love Tales From The Darkside, and while it is more 'horror' based than The Twilight Zone is, The Twilight Zone has so many brilliant and thought-provoking episodes that it's hard for me to choose Tales of the Darkside.

While The Twilight Zone started to lose its way as the seasons went on, it still has some serious gems in there. So yeah, I'd go with The Twilight Zone.

Plus, it has the way better intro. lol

If you're putting a gun ti my head I'll choose Twilight Zone. I liked the messages the twilight zone episodes gave you. The twilight zone was ahead of its time. My favorite episode was about the guy that lets the devil loose.

mike3881 wrote:

If you're putting a gun ti my head I'll choose Twilight Zone. I liked the messages the twilight zone episodes gave you. The twilight zone was ahead of its time. My favorite episode was about the guy that lets the devil loose.

also my favorite episode!!! the howling man....the one where toys are trapped in the bucket is also a good one....but yes, it was ahead of its time....and it was deeper than TFTDS....