Re: What R U Reading?

Quantum Physics by Alastair I.M. Rae

^^^
Talk about a HUGE mind fuck. lol

I love going to the park to read up in my dear big tree friend which I did this PM. Sun was shining and it was warm. So I read a whole bunch of my new Tank Girl The Odyssey comic I just got. Damn this Punkette is so badass it's mad. Love her. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-11 20:09:54)

Right now I'm reading the Smallville season 11 comic. Gotta say, I love Green Arrow. big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Talk about a HUGE mind fuck. lol

Damn straight! QM is one of the most intriguing of the sciences, IMO. The book is part of a "Beginners Guides" series, so I'm hoping it will solidify my knowledge of all the basics of the theory.

^^^
Yeah fascinates me but it's way too weird for me to get anything out clearly. I should grab some LSD, might help. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-11 21:20:42)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah fascinates me but it's way too weird for me to get anything out clearly. I should grab some LSD, might help. lol

Gotta squeegee that third eye clean, man. wink

Domes of Fire-David Eddings.

^^
Like Eddings.  For various reasons didn't get into his 2nd series+.

The Creature wrote:

Gotta squeegee that third eye clean, man. wink

Mwahahaha Yes, I definitely gotta. lol

Dawn Patrol by Don Winslow

Just bought a book on Ebay about one of the greatest and most misunderstood people in history and can't wait to start it.
The book:Do What Thou Wilt: A Life of Aleister Crowley by Lawrence Sutin.

The Creature wrote:

Quantum Physics by Alastair I.M. Rae

Putting this book aside for awhile for some fiction reading: Schrodinger's Cat by Robert Anton Wilson. Just a little over 100 pages in and it's freakin' wacky. There's a lot of different characters to keep track of, but I'm digging it.

Recently picked up Jack Vance's The Dying Earth. I'm just the first couple chapters in but I am enjoying it.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvLrF4TfDmDt6DpXxw4Cz5hbJ-JytNyjGMioReRF4gj-lnHWxg

hellrat wrote:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvLrF4TfDmDt6DpXxw4Cz5hbJ-JytNyjGMioReRF4gj-lnHWxg

Looks like a good read, Hellrat. Let me know if it's worth going out of one's way to buy, if you could! I am very much interested in Aleister Crowley.

...so, I finished reading "Book One - The Universe Next Door" of RAW's Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy and Jeeezus Christ it is (without doubt) the oddest, most perverse, and wackiest science-fiction story I have ever read. Featuring a parallel universe known as Unistat (parallel to the U.S. that is), there is a terrorist organization known as POE (Purity of Essence) that plants nuclear bombs throughout 500 locations in Unistat, there is a prankster midgit who gets his revenge on any organization that works with "averages", a radical feminist, an eccentric millionaire named W. Clement Cotex who leads a conspiracy-enthused society, Hassan I Sabbah X (aka Franklin Delano Roosevelt Stuart), crooked drug-dealing cops, paranoid schizophrenics who's bodies have been exchanged with leaders of government (talk about political satire!), and Frank Dashwood, a scientist who (intensely, accurately, and "very professionally") studies woman's orgasms. Plus much more.

And I thought Kurt Vonnegut was weird. Anyway, looking forward to book two...

^If you are interested in Crowley, you could do worse than  to pick up Diary of a Drug Fiend, his autobiography. It features both a his story (through his eyes) and his prose (which is essential to appreciating the man himself).

Last edited by Theli (2013-07-21 08:06:19)

Theli wrote:

^If you are interested in Crowley, you could do worse than  to pick up Diary of a Drug Fiend, his autobiography. It features both a his story (through his eyes) and his prose (which is essential to appreciating the man himself).

I was thinking about picking that one up, too. It is now added to my Amazon wishlist. Thanks for the recommendation!

Theli wrote:

Thanks,I'll have to check it out.

The Cosmic Computer by H. Beam Piper.

Finished Chris Carter's The Executioner.
Now reading The Historian byElizabeth Kostova.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King.

It's been a long time since I've read any King, and I was beginning to miss the guy.

The Dragons of Eden: Speculations on the Evolution of Human Intelligence by Carl Sagan

^Sagan is on my long to read list, I'll make it there one day.

Currently reading Frankenstein, I'm loving it so far. Nothing like the films I have seen.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee407/deanwinchestersgirl/9361589_zpse6c30274.jpg

Rosemary's Baby.  Never read it before.  So far, the movie seems to have followed it quite close.