Topic: Se7en Meets Falling Down in LIFT

So say's Writer/Director Jamie McNaught on his upcomng new film - 'Lift.'  I do like what I see, but I need more to make the Se7en/Falling Down connection.'Lift' is the story of Kevin Mewes trapped for the weekend in a lift with a char...

Read More : Se7en Meets Falling Down in LIFT

Re: Se7en Meets Falling Down in LIFT

Honestly? I'd say it's more a catch between SAW and Fermat's Room, seems to have drawn inspiration from them.

Really not sure what to make of it at the moment though. I love my indies but it didn't grab me like I was hoping it would. Will wait and see for more information before deciding if this is worth a watch or not.

I've always had problems watching VIMEO - never plays and takes too long to load.

Now I just DON'T watch anything posted with VImeo.

Just sayin'.

Very haunting song there, anyone know what it is??

oh, yeah, trailer seemed alright..just alright, though.

that did nothing for me. and another "one location" deal? and what's so spooky about a lift?

i don't know...

I thought it looked interesting.

I thought it sounded a bit like Saw too. Interesting, but doesn't have me excited.

A bit late somewhat but I have uploaded a link to the full short movie. It was made in 2008 in London UK, The main location was in Mount Pleasant, (Royal mail's second largest sorting office in the world)  and was a zero dollar budget production. I'm also currently writing a new Horror Short which is 'a lot more traditional'. It's about Urban Exploring and looking into our nurtured fears and how films etc can influence the way we act around potential 'frightening' situations.

Great to see someone at some time talking about my trailer, cheers and check out my old film in the mean time.

Jamie M.

https://vimeo.com/64845529

P.S The song on the trailer is called Amanda Palmer - Strength through music.

Last edited by Jay Fantana (2013-05-06 05:58:28)

Liked it the first 2 times better, when it was called Devil or Elevator. Actually, no, only Elevator was pretty good.