26,476

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Silent Night

26,477

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The original Halloween last night.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Ghost Ship ( 1952) a creaky old  british " B " movie and it's my duty folks to tell you it's a typical stiff upper lipped effort. it's not a bit scary, it's talky, it's dated and it's bloody boring. only redeeming feature is cute Hazel Court, five years away from " Curse Of Frankenstein". 3/10.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-08-07 14:14:31)

26,479

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^
Oh I loved it myself. To each his own. smile

PANIC BUTTON [2011]

Drink 20 virtual alcoholic drinks online oer day.

Wild one where people play an online game and stuff happen. Kick Ass storyline and pretty enhjoyable acting. Beautiful shots.

Yup, kXnPunk approved.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

An American Werewolf In London.
Jason X.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Body Melt - really cool and bizarre gory Aussie horror flick.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Maniac (2012) first off i am not a fan of the 1980 original. it's not among the terrible but think it cheap, nasty and over rated.Average at best but to be fair only saw it once and that was ages ago. The Remake? I was surprised, better made, more assured and a pretty good psychological horror film. It wasn't as gory as i thought it would be and i thought Elijah Wood was very good in his role and at times had some sympathy for him, something i never felt for joe Spinell's character in the original. Didn't mind the "point of view" way of filming eithier in fact it worked quite well. good film. 8/10.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-08-08 04:09:19)

26,483

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Car 1977

I almost didn't recognize James Brolin without his beard and house, i'm not entirely sure if this can be considered horror, there were some spooky sound effects, the music was kind of scary

26,484

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^
Definitely is Horror. One of the best Car Horror films even. smile

26,485

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Fright Night Part 2 (1988)   

About 40 min into the movie, I am real bored by it, nothing much is really happen.

26,486

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Just had an early morning double feature: Rosemary's Baby (because I just started reading the book for the first time) followed by The Lost Boys.

Next up, the Paul Michael Glaser flick Phobia (1980).  Once it's finished downloading, anyway.

26,487

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Sweet watches man. Damn Phobia is great. Been too long, gonna grab it right away. smile

26,488

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

wolfman1959 wrote:

Maniac (2012) first off i am not a fan of the 1980 original. it's not among the terrible but think it cheap, nasty and over rated.Average at best but to be fair only saw it once and that was ages ago. The Remake? I was surprised, better made, more assured and a pretty good psychological horror film. It wasn't as gory as i thought it would be and i thought Elijah Wood was very good in his role and at times had some sympathy for him, something i never felt for joe Spinell's character in the original. Didn't mind the "point of view" way of filming either in fact it worked quite well. good film. 8/10.

I always felt Joe Spinell gave a near perfect performance in the original. He may not come across as sympathetic to some (thought to me, in some scenes, he did, specifically when he talks about his mum) but he was SO convincing as a unhinged maniac. I think he played that aspect so well and you can really tell he put everything he had into that role. Sure the film may be a bit nasty and cheap but I think that only reflects the disturbing nature of Spinell's character and lends the film a very suitable gritty, urban feel.

I have yet to see the remake yet so I might like it as much for its different approach but the original will always be one of my favourite horror flicks.

26,489

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I watched Magic (1978) with Anthony Hopkins last night.

Good flick. You never quite definitely know if the dummy is alive ala Chucky or Hopkins is just plain old insane, so I liked it in that way.

8/10

26,490

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

Sweet watches man. Damn Phobia is great. Been too long, gonna grab it right away. smile

It's on StageVu (www.stagevu.com -- no copyright violations so it's okay to mention it here).  I only saw it once when I was ten or so.  I remember seeing a woman strip down and climb into a tub.  And another part that had to do with snakes.  And that it had the guy from Starsky and Hutch. lol  So this will be my first time watching it in over 30 years.

EDIT -- okay, don't DL it from StageVu.  Apparently it's an ancient VHS rip, complete with tracking lines, fuzzy, jumpy picture and frequent screen rolls.

Dammit.  Now I have to find another copy...

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Hi all,

Recently picked up Dark Skies from HMV - just came out this week - and watched it last night. I really enjoyed this one which is no surpirse really, since Insidious and Sinister were both awesome (all from the same people). Just as scary as those too, with a more sci-fi twist to it. A great ending with some very creepy scenes throughout. I'd recommend this one to any horror fans

26,492

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Fright Night Part 2 (1988)   

I don't think sequel was really needed. it didn't really add anything to the series at all.

I liked the first  movie series very much, one few vamp movies that I actually like, 

I thought the movie started of a little slow, I bored about the whole , I didn't really like how the movie started off. 

After the 40 min mark, movie start get going,  thing start to REAL happen, a lot action scenes in this movie.

I didn't find this movie that funny at all, I don't think I laughed once or even smiled

Some the effects were not as good or as fun as the first movie but still better then some of effect with get horror movies these days.

The acting was good but the plot could  have be a lot better, I yet to Remake and upcoming sequel to this remake. (I don't think it be as good as the first movie)   

5 out of 10

26,493

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Ju On White Ghost 2009

dammit, asian horror films are bleedin freaky, the FX aren't that involved, yet these are freaky movies, they are after all stories told via a series of visual images, some of those images are just freaky lol

26,494

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I saw The Conjuring. Although it was a good film, I felt it was over-hyped and not really scary at all, certainly not for horror fans, probably only scary for the casual film-goer.

Weeks after seeing The Battery, I'm still loving it and can't get enough of it. I love it when a film proves it can be done with no real crew and very little money, and on a consumer camera. Inspires me to get off my ass and do it myself. Looking forward to the eventual Blu-ray.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

Maniac (2012) first off i am not a fan of the 1980 original. it's not among the terrible but think it cheap, nasty and over rated.Average at best but to be fair only saw it once and that was ages ago. The Remake? I was surprised, better made, more assured and a pretty good psychological horror film. It wasn't as gory as i thought it would be and i thought Elijah Wood was very good in his role and at times had some sympathy for him, something i never felt for joe Spinell's character in the original. Didn't mind the "point of view" way of filming either in fact it worked quite well. good film. 8/10.

I always felt Joe Spinell gave a near perfect performance in the original. He may not come across as sympathetic to some (thought to me, in some scenes, he did, specifically when he talks about his mum) but he was SO convincing as a unhinged maniac. I think he played that aspect so well and you can really tell he put everything he had into that role. Sure the film may be a bit nasty and cheap but I think that only reflects the disturbing nature of Spinell's character and lends the film a very suitable gritty, urban feel.

I have yet to see the remake yet so I might like it as much for its different approach but the original will always be one of my favourite horror flicks.

fair enough Vas , just airing a personal opinion as you are. if you see the remake i think you will find Wood is convincing as well. i suppose it helped Spinell that he was talking about his real mum because she played the part in the film as you are probably aware.

26,496

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Mirror, Mirror (1990)

If I did see trailer which dose show most of the movie but It didn't really a fact the movie that much but it better seeing this movie , before even thinking about the trailer.

I really enjoyed it was a  lot of fun to watch,

This movie had some very creepy moment that worked really with really good tense before some  very gross moment and some of death scenes were really gory and very well done.

The death  in  shower is was total unexpected really took me by surprised

This had from the very first second of the movie until decent ending of the movie.

Great acting from the whole cast

I giving this movie 8! out of 10

GREAT Fun movie! UNDERRATED)

Last edited by BASSI (2013-08-08 15:08:50)

26,497

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Incubus 1966

SHATNER! that is all

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Just finished re watching Let The Right One In after watching the remake Let Me In the other day. I may be alone, but I think I slightly favor the remake. Both are good movies either way, but there was some thing about the remake that stuck out more for me. I will have to give them another go next time I will watch them back to back

26,499

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I just watched Hellraiser again. It had been a while since I had seen this movie. I still really enjoyed it. It stands up well over time. It has a creepy and disturbing atmosphere that plays on taboos such as S&M, infidelity and incest. The cenobytes are freaking badass too. The make up and FX are top notch, this is what I love in horror movies from that era. I forgot how much of a wonderously hilarious boob the father is in this movie, I almost feel bad for him.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Theli wrote:

I just watched Hellraiser again. It had been a while since I had seen this movie. I still really enjoyed it. It stands up well over time. It has a creepy and disturbing atmosphere that plays on taboos such as S&M, infidelity and incest. The cenobytes are freaking badass too. The make up and FX are top notch, this is what I love in horror movies from that era. I forgot how much of a wonderously hilarious boob the father is in this movie, I almost feel bad for him.

hellraiser is my all time favorite....and i feel comfortable saying that.....its just sooo original...from the puzzle box, to the cenobytes....hellraiser II Hellbound is also very good....not disppappointing at all.....the part when the doctor gives the schizo the razorblade....fucking love it...."what is your pleasure"???

clive barker has great artwork also....

matter of fact, imma put on hellbound right now....