Re: Last horror movie you watched?

"Attack of the Werewolves"(2011)Spanish horror comedy that is pleasant and good fun and has the best kind of werewolves the old fashioned sort. often funny, at times hilairous. 7/10

^ Wolfie: Are the special FX practical or CG? I've been wanting to check out a new werewolf film that delivers, but I am not interested in another Underworld (no offence I didn't mind the first 2, just not what I am looking for) or another CG filled horror film.

letschopcats666 wrote:
Theli wrote:

I just watched Hellraiser again. It had been a while since I had seen this movie. I still really enjoyed it. It stands up well over time. It has a creepy and disturbing atmosphere that plays on taboos such as S&M, infidelity and incest. The cenobytes are freaking badass too. The make up and FX are top notch, this is what I love in horror movies from that era. I forgot how much of a wonderously hilarious boob the father is in this movie, I almost feel bad for him.

hellraiser is my all time favorite....and i feel comfortable saying that.....its just sooo original...from the puzzle box, to the cenobytes....hellraiser II Hellbound is also very good....not disppappointing at all.....the part when the doctor gives the schizo the razorblade....fucking love it...."what is your pleasure"???

clive barker has great artwork also....

matter of fact, imma put on hellbound right now....

Clive Barker is a creative genius. He is everything that is needed in horror. He provides great books (so I have heard, I woefully have not had the chance to read his work yet), excellent films, and beautiful artwork. I believe he is even a musician? I haven't checked out the Hellraiser sequels, for some reason I naturally shy away from sequels, but Hellbound along with Phantasm 2 are to two sequels I need to pick up.

Vasquez wrote:

I watched Magic (1978) with Anthony Hopkins last night.

Good flick. You never quite definitely know if the dummy is alive ala Chucky or Hopkins is just plain old insane, so I liked it in that way.

8/10

This was a cool flick. It's not too scary, but Hopkins does a great job in his role. I found it more of a psychological thriller than straight up horror. A good companion piece for his later work as Hannibal Lector.

hi Theli to be honest i think it's a bit of both, because they do jump about a bit at times but it's not so obvious as the underworld films. Some of it is definitely men in make up ( i think) here's the trailer. it may help.

http://youtu.be/WqHSn0W-rCU

The Ugly 1997

so far so good lol, don't get too many films from Australia or New Zeland, other than Peter Jackson, not a bad little ditty

Pre-ordered this

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/Xenomorph85/0d53bb9d-d83a-4561-81e7-47acb77789ed_zps89b23111.jpg

^^^ Good flick.  A couple liberties are taken but it's about the closest-to-truth flick about Ed Gein that's ever been made.  And with FX help by Tom Savini, too.

BODY SOB 19 [2007]

Thai one with Arak Amornsupasiri which is the guitar of a Thai band called Slur as the main dude. He delivers. Movie's based on a story that happened. And woah what a nice looking one this was... Beautiful imagery. Entertaining to the top.

Damn I love my Asian Horror. big_smile

Cat's Eye (1985).  Still one of my favorite Stephen King flicks.

^That's a good one. Still gotta go with The Shining and Creepshow though.

Edit: The Mist and 1408 were good too, The Mist was especially badass.

Last edited by Theli (2013-08-09 23:31:23)

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Good flick.  A couple liberties are taken but it's about the closest-to-truth flick about Ed Gein that's ever been made.  And with FX help by Tom Savini, too.

Oops. I put it into the wrong thread. Ah well. Apparently this is the first uncut release anywhere in the world, with the 'brain scooping scene intact'.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-08-10 08:41:57)

The Depraved 2001

It would have been cooler if i understood German, or had some subtitles, well then, this kind of struck me as a toned down Frontier(s) 2007, a couple scenes in particular, though i don't want to give away an spoilers

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-08-10 07:13:45)

Don't Look Now (1973).  As great a film today as it ever was.  Deceptively deep, startlingly effective.

Sanitarium ( 2012) a return to the anthology horror film here with a trio  of stories dealing with the insanity of three patients  preceded over by Malcolm Mcdowell who is hardly in the film and just links the stories together. none of the stories are particularly good or bad.The first one is the best with John Glover sporting a "Sideshow Bob " haircut as an artist who makes strange looking figures out of clay who seem to tell him what to do. this one has quite a good twist, even though the climax seems rushed. the second has potential but really comes to nothing about a boy who  is mistreated by his father and seems to be stalked by a mysterious hooded figure and the third story in my opinion the least has Lou Diamond Phillips as a professor who is convinced the mayan prophecy of the end of the world in 2012 is true and builds a shelter for him and his family. nothing special but watchable and decently performed. 6/10

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-08-10 14:04:34)

Vasquez wrote:

Pre-ordered this

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/Xenomorph85/0d53bb9d-d83a-4561-81e7-47acb77789ed_zps89b23111.jpg

That's a good purchase, Vas. It's been awhile since I've watched Deranged, but I remember it being a really fun (and funny) horror film. Roberts Blossom does a great job, too.

Evil Dead Remake

Happy Hell Night 1992

i'm not sure i'd apply the adjective "Happy" to this one

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-08-11 07:41:39)

The Divide (2011)

That was really long movie, One of the longest movies I seen in the long time.

It was start of really well, I would say I enjoyed the first hour-ish  as the movie flowed with well with first hour or so, it had a lot of actions scenes going one.

The last hour of movie, I didn't really way the movie was going and I kind of drag on even more and I felt like the some of characters as some kinda personal transplant in second From being normal person at the start to becoming  Psychos

They drag the last hour and then go to a lot action in last 10 minutes of the movie.

I didn't really get the point of the whole movie at all. the movie was about 2 hours long, I still felt more confused and there a lot they left unanswered.   

I thinking the acting in this movie from cast was really good 

5 out of 10, I enjoyed first half of the movie .

Dead Tone (2007)
Standard slasher with a weak double-"twist" ending.  I saw it on Chiller, so some gore may have been cut out.

4/10

The Gift (2000).  First time I've seen it since it first came out.  Decent little supernatural thriller, though the ending is telegraphed a bit.

Munger Road.  Anyone here seen this?  Guess it was a fairly successful indy film, and there's a sequel in the make.  Thought it was pretty good, and had a definite Innkeepers feel to it.  The ending was a surprise in a not good way though.

Vacancy.

One of my favorite!

Love the creepy little Motel owner, the underground tunnel and all the banging on the doors sends you through the roof! big_smile

A true on the edge of your seat flick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TK2gqYIVuc

Last edited by DarkMistress (2013-08-11 22:57:26)

Introduced a young friend of mine to the original A Nightmare On Elm Street yesterday. He said it was a good flick, which I was pleased to hear. Or perhaps he was just saying that so I wouldn't cut him down. big_smile

DarkMistress wrote:

Vacancy.

One of my favorite!

Love the creepy little Motel owner, the underground tunnel and all the banging on the doors sends you through the roof! big_smile

Oh yesss what a great one. Kate is just amazing in this, like she always is anyways.

Having you seen the second??? Pretty damn cool one too. I prefer it the other was taking too long but this one was a blast from beginning to the best end credits sequence I've ever seen. big_smile

HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS [2013]

Damn I waited so long to see that and woah, I wasn't let down at all.
It's a phenomenal and a true amazing blast with superior acting and visuals. Me LOOOVED it.

Warm Bodies.  Good, entertaining, fun movie.

kXnPunk wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

Vacancy.

One of my favorite!

Oh yesss what a great one. Kate is just amazing in this, like she always is anyways.

Having you seen the second??? Pretty damn cool one too. I prefer it the other was taking too long but this one was a blast from beginning to the best end credits sequence I've ever seen. big_smile

HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS [2013]

Damn I waited so long to see that and woah, I wasn't let down at all.
It's a phenomenal and a true amazing blast with superior acting and visuals. Me LOOOVED it.

No I haven't seen part two! I will have to watch it asap! smile