Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Retiring for the night to watch My Bloody Valentine '09.  Not a great film by any stretch but I enjoy it for the mindless entertainment that it is.

LoudLon wrote:

Retiring for the night to watch My Bloody Valentine '09.  Not a great film by any stretch but I enjoy it for the mindless entertainment that it is.

LOL!
  smile

Enjoy!

Last edited by DarkMistress (2013-08-12 00:09:32)

DarkMistress wrote:

Vacancy.

One of my favorite!

Love the creepy little Motel owner, the underground tunnel and all the banging on the doors sends you through the roof! big_smile

A true on the edge of your seat flick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TK2gqYIVuc

Personally I didn't like that flick at all

It is about the most generic and uninspired film I have seen. The best thing about it was the opening titles. It was clearly trying to ape Psycho, with additional Hostel like influence, but in doing so was nowhere as good at all.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-08-12 05:53:10)

Last film I watched was the Italian schlock/gore fest Contamination (1980). Clearly no masterpiece but the ridiculousness off it provided enough entertainment like any good Italian B-movie does. The english dubbing provided some some quite hilarious lines of dialogue aswell.

6/10.

Chernobyl Diaries 2012

not quite a found footage film, gets kind of creepy toward the middle and end

Alice Sweet Alice 1976

^^^ Great flick.  Just watched it again myself last week.

http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/reincarnation.php

Oh yeah baby...

Shutter (2008)

I'm on the fence with this one. It was watchable, but not very good. It is an American remake of an Asian ghost story, and after watching it I felt like I needed to see the original. For some reason Asian horror just loses something in translation.

4/10

John Carpenters The Fog

That looks like it would be a good movie.

Pumpkinhead (1988) Kind of re-watch, I don't think I saw it full the first time around, I know didn't really like it back then, that I stopped watching it!

I really enjoyed this time around a lot more and I saw all the way though, I not sure why I didn't like back them

I thought the plot was really decent and I liked how the movie flowed really, never got boring.

I found the whole movie every enjoyable and I thought Pumpkinhead was really good creature and I really liked how it's looked.

I did find the witch a lot more creepy then the creature it's self

I was hoping that the movie have been a bit more gory, as it some what of a low budget, I can get Pass that.

I didn't mind how the movie ended, they didn't really let open the sequel.

The acting was really good in this movie from most of the cast!

Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings (1994)

At end of the first movie, I wonder , how have they sequel to this movie? ,

Well I liked the start of this movie as we see Back story to Pumpkin head, who was deformed as Child, (Which dose look a tiny bit like Victor from Hatchet) the some nasty drunken teens come to beat him to death.

I wasn't if this was meant to be sequel or prequel some sort but I don't think it was connected to first movie.

Couple of the years later, when those teens are know in Mid 30's or older and another teens go night out end up bring back the Pumpkinhead after hitting the witch with car and stealing the spell book.

As movies goes you can't help but hate everyone in this movie, (Expect for once a Good cop in horror movie, I was shocked) and I wanted there death to pain full but they didn't look as gory but still bit more bloody then first movie.

These men just standing there like stupid people with this creature killing there friend in front of, rather then run away, they stay in the same stop, looking and waiting for me to kill next.

Even teens had more brain in this movie, even they one of annoying bunch of teens I have every seen in horror movie and some could of could not even act in this movie, (I felt in school, drama class, even them were better)

Others thing in this movie was those flashing blues were way to much, I hard to watch they, keep doing every time the creature turns up.

I didn't like how the movie ended but it was kind of sad in way, I felt really sorry for Pumpkinhead!

Not good at all but just about watch able,

4 out of 10

I just put The.Toxic.Avenger (This is so bad, only 4 mins in lol)

wasn't shutter 2008 based on a game? i seem to remember watching someone play it at some point

Saw Devils Playground (2010)  Didn't like it much.  This theme about zombie apocalypse will likely be prevalent in the next few years.  I give it 4/10.

COTC 4 (1996): Thought it was okay.   Medical Student takes care of sick mother (Karen Black) who refuses to leave house.   Violent kids who now go by new names and plenty of gore to please those who like it.  A few new angles and twists.  6/10

I'm about to retire for the night with SILENT HILL.

Goodnight fellow horror fans.

Good night miss.

I'll watch anything I can find online and then nap...

STRANGLER VS STRANGLER [1984]

A very cool one that has been. The relationship the main dude's got with his mother reminded me of the one Bates had with his mom. A pretty cool one definitely. Not often I watch a Yougoslavian movie but this was good enough to make me search for more of them. smile

Killer's Moon 1978

Has Session 9 been mentioned on here before?

Surprisingly good. Feels like a much older film.

On Wikipedia - watch out for spoilers

Doghouse

Solid zombie/infected horror comedy in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead.  Some good gore, and an interesting cast of all-female zombies.  Worth watching.

7/10

undead (2003) Australian Zombie horror comedy with some good effects but far far inferior to "bad Taste" and " Dead Alive". to be honest i really didn't like it. it just didn't gel with me. 2/10

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-08-13 14:20:09)

Critters!!! I've always had a soft spot for those movies. Good cheesy fun to watch.

Aftershock - after reading all of the negative reviews I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. I love the plot (although it's thin) the gore was decent and I love the set pieces. 8/10

The Rejuvinater - cheesy 80's horror flick that delivers all the goods. Badly needs a dvd release. 7/10

Horror Hotel (The City of the Dead, UK title) Re-watch - 8.5/10

A very good horror film with a solid cast and a creepy, eerie atmosphere throughout. Its structural similarities to Psycho are also interesting to spot.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/HorrorHotel-BurningSelwyn_zpsc518cfde.jpg

Last edited by The Creature (2013-08-13 18:12:56)

Vasquez wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

Vacancy.

One of my favorite!

Love the creepy little Motel owner, the underground tunnel and all the banging on the doors sends you through the roof! big_smile

A true on the edge of your seat flick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TK2gqYIVuc

Personally I didn't like that flick at all

It is about the most generic and uninspired film I have seen. The best thing about it was the opening titles. It was clearly trying to ape Psycho, with additional Hostel like influence, but in doing so was nowhere as good at all.

Really??

To each their own but I loved it.

1. Creepy Motel owner. He "looked" the part. He was weird.

2. Superb acting! I  especially like the husband. Normal looking guy and I loved the look on his face when he realized they were standing in the same room as the people on the video and what was about to happen to them.

3. Cool underground tunnel escape scene.

4. "On the edge of your seat" scenes.

4. I know of NO other horror movie that has a creepy Motel owner with a side job of making
"snuff films" and killing his guests to make snuff films so unique story line.

I discovered this movie last year and I must have already watched it about a dozen times! big_smile