Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I am actually going to watch Vacancy AGAIN! LOL!

Good night!

OK changed my mind. I am going to watch  the SECOND version, Vacancy 2 The First Cut!

It is on Project Free TV! smile

KXnpunk said it was good.

If you believe what I say, be aware that I like EVERYTHING so keep that in mind... lol

THE EYE OF THE CAT [1969]

Same year I was born and damn, just like me it doesn't age at all. lol
Very cool story and the cat lover I am absolutely LOOOVED it.
The screenwriter is Stefano, the one who wrote Psycho so it's another great one.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-13 23:10:17)

V/H/S. A gimmicky anthology film. Not too compelling, but not boring. BTW, how do you submit reviews?

Silver Bullet.  Okay flick made more memorabl by Gary Busey, of all people.  Love his performance in that flick.

Nightmares 1983

Emiliio Estaves, Lance Hendrickson, not sure this is horror, not awful for the 80's

The Toxic Avenger (1984)

Well you know what your going get when you head first in troma movie.

As soon as the movie started, I could not stop laughing and these bunch of Adults in there early to mid 30's acting like teens in this, the acting in this movie was So bad it was laughable.

The movies keep going on, I loved the plot the movie, was really clever, Horror fans never really had their own monster superhero

Well that kind of original Idea in 80's, this movie as some decent amount of Bloody deaths.

But I do think they spent bit to long death scenes just kill them already.

Well acting didn't really bother movie after first 10 minutes, I think it's improved just tiny bit, with rest of the over the top movie.

This movie falls in to that the movie is SO bad it's good for a Laugh.

6 out of 10

The Toxic Avenger Part II (1989)
The first movie was bad but it still had over the top plot that was a lot of fun and some decent deaths scenes in that movie, it kind flowed really well, I was never got bored with the first movie.

How this movie was SO bad that it was NOT fun, I thought if you make sequel , you step up your came but the looks of it this series took step back,

I felt this movie looked a more cheaper then the first and I didn't the make up effect on tom, is Just looked really odd compare to the first movie.

And how did they change for blind girlfriend of Sarah to Clarie in this movie?

its start of okay but way to silly even for this series! and then kind of drag on for , i Don't how long, I was really bored with this movie, nothing much happens, He was walking around the movie looking for his China.

The last 5 minutes his start to pick and one or punches the movie ends

The death in this movie was not as good or as gory as first movie, there some bloody deaths in this movie, One funny scenes in the movie.

No where near as good as first movie,

3 out of 10

^^^ And part 3 is even worse.  The only two Toxic Avenger flicks worth anything at all are parts 1 and 4, IMO.  Part 4 even moreso, because during the interim years Lloyd Kaufman managed to somehow sharpen his satiric blade and it's in full effect in Toxie 4.  It's still skid row cheap, poorly acted and everything is goofball and over the top -- but the humor is a lot more pointed, and a lot more effective.

My two cents, natch'.

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF ROSALIND LEIGH [2013]

Been waiting a long, long time to see this as I'm a Rue Morgue subscriber and this movie is produced by them and lemme tell you, I wasn't let down at all. Quite the opposite frankly. What a wondeful piece really creepy as mad with excellent photography and acting. A wonderful little film, one of the best I've seen from this year.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-14 09:02:50)

kXnPunk wrote:

THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF ROSALIND LEIGH [2013]

Been waiting a long, long time to see this as I'm a Rue Morgue subscriber and this movie is produced by them and lemme tell you, I wasn't let down at all. Quite the opposite frankly. What a wondeful piece really creepy as mad with excellent photography and acting. A wonderful little film, one of the best I've seen from this year.

I've got it on my laptop. Been meaning to watch it.

It's very nice. Load it up fast, come on, faster than that!!! lol

Halloween 4

Gutterballs 2008

seriously, there's a movie called Gutterballs, perhaps inspired by The Big Lebowski 1998, perhaps not,  the world may never know, none the less, bowling and boobs, a 7-10 split, and boobs, there are very few horror movies involving bowling, though it's hard to compare with 1989's Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama, oh yeah and boobs, either this is ad libbed or the writers were going for a record for most F-Bombs in a sentence

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-08-14 11:39:43)

The Bay

Another "found footage" documentary style horror flick, but this one feels a bit more "real" than most, and actually seems plausible as you watch it. The creatures are deliciously disgusting, and the plot simple and tight. Recommend.

8/10

bryonvaughn wrote:

The Bay

Another "found footage" documentary style horror flick, but this one feels a bit more "real" than most, and actually seems plausible as you watch it. The creatures are deliciously disgusting, and the plot simple and tight. Recommend.

8/10

I think that one is on Netflix. I was debating watching it or Session 9.
I'll take a look.

tamccullough wrote:
bryonvaughn wrote:

The Bay

8/10

I think that one is on Netflix. I was debating watching it or Session 9.
I'll take a look.

i remember watching session 9....i ended up turning it off....i might have to give it another try...

kXnPunk wrote:

If you believe what I say, be aware that I like EVERYTHING so keep that in mind... lol

lol easy to please.

I watched half of it last night. Gonna watch the other half now. smile

Jug Face 2013

movies like these are why i like indie film, FX aren't extravagent, the story is more of the driving force, as i've mentioned before film is still a story being told, just with visual images rather than words, i thought this was really well done, little gems like this one is one of the reasons i like film so much as a medium

^^^
Been a while I wanna see this looked great from what I've seen/heard about it...
And the poster is one of the most beautiful I've seen.

In the next few days I will...

CAPTIVITY [2007] rewatch

Features one of my all time favorite actress, the lovely canadian Elisha Cuthbert which is just truely amazing in this one. Some extremely troubling scenes like when he makes her drink the Blood and the very claustrophobic sand filling glass cage. First time I saw it I wasn't expecting the rad twist at the end. AT ALL. Wonderful cinematography, some very beautiful images and shots. The other prisoner played a nice way too.

Deranged (1974)

9/10.

Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes (2006)

12 years after the second sequel, We actually got True sequel to first movie and I do think it was better then Blood wings. 

It took me bit of time to get in this movie but when the movies get going, it never lets up

I really liked how they connected to first movie and I really liked how they brought the Pumpkin head back,

Creature did look a little different but not by much, I think the death were bloody there last two movies.

A lot of  fast pace action scene in this movie, some decent turns in the story.

The acting was not bad at all, decent acting from most of the cast.

6 out of 10

Off to see number Blood feud

Pumpkinhead: Blood Feud (2007)

No were near as good as last 3 movies, even bit Better then Blood wings

So this movie is long Feud going on with two family however Teens have fallen in love with each and secretly meet.

But when they get caught, The boy sister dies and Boy watch revenge , you know the story by now.

The rest of the movie, well it flowed really well, with some calmer scene here and their , there were a lot actions scenes in this movie.

But this movie is very predicable form start as you know how it going to end but I could help but like some of nice bloody gory death in scenes in this movie.

I do think this is the goriest movie of the series.

4 out of 10

Very odd series, It not the worst series out there!

PRETTY POISON [1968]

Woah man what an amazing like H3LL one this is. Phenomenal performances by Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld, the girl is awesome in this. Wild story, great visuals, another great old school sixties one added to my long seen and enjoyed list. big_smile

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A9aqblSZVdU/UglxkognO2I/AAAAAAAABq8/ho-gTO2bUBw/s1600/PrettyPoison4.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-15 20:39:11)

I'm in the mood for Rosemary's Baby so going to retire now for the evening with that GEM!

The Collection