Topic: Beatles or Elvis???

Which one dya like the most??? I'm curious.

I personally like The Beatles much more. Never liked the one they call King.

Re: Beatles or Elvis???

I first read, "Beavis or Elvis", and thought, "Man, that's a no brainer... heh heh."

I went Elvis. He sustained from the 50's til his death. And his Gospel stuff is amazing. Plus, he was part of Vegas during the Golden Years, and the Beatles helped kill that with their hippie rock bullshit.

^^^
Hahaha Beavis...

Yeah he did some cool stuff but I never could get into it. The only song I like a bit is his song about the blue shoes. My mom loves him though she was dancing her brains out to his stuff back then and her father thought he was the Devil. He would've freaked if he saw Lemmy from Motorhead. lol

Or Oderus from GWAR.

I liked Elvis' swagger better (I'm a hillbilly; rock-a-billy's in my blood lol ) but I like The Beatles' music better.

^^^
RockabilLon. lol

Zed_Chuva wrote:

Or Oderus from GWAR.

H3LL yeah!!! big_smile
Damn GWAR. what a crazy show. One of the craziest I've seen.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-16 10:31:02)

The Beatles have better music. Some of their stuff is great, but Coroner done a cover of their song 'I Want You (She's So Heavy' is even a better version than the original.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qamBmWt8Cwo

I absolutely can't stand Elvis.  I've listened to all his music (my grandmother is a huge fan) and I can't see why people think he's talented.  The Beatles could fart and it would be better music than Elvis'.  Of course, no disrespect to those who like Elvis.

I like Elvis, and even though he brought the most attention to Rock 'n' Roll and was a revolutionary, I think Chuck Berry makes a better king. big_smile But...that's just me.

Out of the two, I definitely prefer The Beatles, as they are one of my favorite bands. Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be are fantastic pieces of music. Didn't much care for their earlier "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" superficial poppy stuff, though.

Yeah Tylor, I'm the same way. I can't stand the early Beatles stuff but once they discovered some good drugs, they made some of the world's best music and I would even say changed the world.

Love em both but The Beatles for me.

The Creature wrote:

I like Elvis, and even though he brought the most attention to Rock 'n' Roll and was a revolutionary, I think Chuck Berry makes a better king. big_smile But...that's just me.

Out of the two, I definitely prefer The Beatles, as they are one of my favorite bands. Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be are fantastic pieces of music. Didn't much care for their earlier "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" superficial poppy stuff, though.

I politely disagree Creature, early Beatles material is bloody excellent, tunes like 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand', 'All my Loving', 'Can't Buy Me Love' and 'From me To You' are some of the best tracks of all time. I could go on but this thread has made me wanna go to YouTube on a Beatles Binge!!!

Excellent topic Punk.

This may surprise you with me being a Brit but i easily go for Elvis. the Beatles  are over rated in my humble opinion. some good stuff certainly  but Meh !

The Stones.

^^^
That's not fair.
But funny. lol

Fulcento wrote:

I politely disagree Creature, early Beatles material is bloody excellent, tunes like 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand', 'All my Loving', 'Can't Buy Me Love' and 'From me To You' are some of the best tracks of all time. I could go on but this thread has made me wanna go to YouTube on a Beatles Binge!!!

Excellent topic Punk.

Thank you sir.
But I agree their first stuff was killer. Damn EVERYTHING is killer from them. My favorite is strangely not even one of their's but a Chuck Berry cover, Roll Over Beethoven. Oh that and the Walrus song. 999 999 999... big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-16 19:13:47)

Not a huge fan of either, though I don't dislike either of them. I'd probably go for the Beatles, they have a few songs I dig.

Fulcento wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Right on, Fulcento! Just to clarify though, it's not that I think the early Beatles stuff is bad (because it's most certainly not), but rather I just don't connect to it as much as I do with their later output starting from about '65.

^^
Even Berry's cover??? O_O

kXnPunk wrote:

^^
Even Berry's cover??? O_O

Nah, their Roll Over Beethoven cover sounds great! I'll listen to early Beatles for a couple jammin' rock 'n' roll tunes here and there, but if I want to listen to overall more meaningful/deeper lyrical content and their more innovative years, I'll dig out something like Sgt. Pepper or The White Album instead. I get more out of that side of the band, personally.

Ah yeah I see.
Me it's everything so I never asked myself which period I like most. Unlike other bands.
Why??? Damn they're THE FRIGGIN' BEATLES!!! lol

The Beatles are much higher on the totem pole for me.

I voted Beatles.

pink floyd

without the Beatles we would have rock as it is today. Sgt. Peppers changed EVERYTHING. that being said, without Elvis, we wouldn't have rock at all.

^^^
Truth. The Beatles just took Rock farther. But yes, Elvis isn't called the King for nothing... big_smile