Topic: DHMW Season 2, ROUND 3

Welcome to Round 3 of Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, Season 2.  This week's match:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Jack.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/LeonardMarliston_zps4efc2fac.jpg

Who will win: Jack Nicholson's brooding, axe-wielding psycho or Jay Mohr's feral, cross-dressing slasher?  You be the judge. 

And as usual, before voting, be sure to remember...

THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: DHMW Season 2, ROUND 3

I'll go with Jack, he's pretty deadly even being an alcoholic. He could mess lots of people up! tongue

I'm going with...Leonard.

When it comes to hand-to-hand combat; Jack is vulnerable.  Even if Jack was able to get in a few hits with his axe. Leonard would find the needed strength to over power, Jack.

Bump.

One more day to vote, folks.

Haven't seen Cherry Falls. But here's my 2 cents. An axe is a deadlier weapon than a hunting knife, but jack is an alcoholic who couldn't even kill a little boy and a woman, so I'll go with Leonard Marliston.

Underdog wrote:

When it comes to hand-to-hand combat; Jack is vulnerable.  Even if Jack was able to get in a few hits with his axe. Leonard would find the needed strength to over power, Jack.

You forgot to vote in the poll.^

Theli wrote:
Underdog wrote:

You forgot to vote in the poll.^

Thanks, Theli. And then I go and give the vote to the wrong participant I think would win big_smile. DUH!

I'll get ahold of, Lon.

Also worth pointing out is that if Jack axe gets stuck in something he is completely vulnerable.

Jack boy man, freaking Jack boy.
He's insanely badass and more Psychotic I think.
And being alcoholic makes him even more surprising, you can't predict what he is going to do.

And H3LL, he's Nicholson. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-23 16:02:08)

jack got the axe and the bottle,leo gota knife and some bitch heels,no way some cross dressing dude that only sought out virgins n got killed by one gona get the best of jack...

leo comes walking up on jack, jack knows cause he can hear that wierdo coming by the sound of his heels.jack finishes his last drink of redrum n sees the wierdo all dolled up in chick clothes,and laughs at the bitch. Leos pride is hurt so he charges jack. jack grabs the redrum by the neck and hurls it at leo, leo not expecting that and hair all in his face gets hit right in his face with the bottle.leo stumbles to ground breaking a heel and a little dazed still holding onto his knife,with his other hand moves the hair away from his face looks up to see jack with his axe already over his head. Leo drives the knife into jacks leg hoping it might give him a chance(WRONG),jack being already pretty hammerd barely feels the pain and rather uses it to harness the final blow of his axe

my last comment didnt comment didnt display the whole thing and got cut off somehow...this was the last of it...

Jack screams out "heres johnny!!" and pins down leos body into the ground with his axe head right thru leos upper spine...

CHEERS JACK!!!
The bottom of the bottle can save anyones life in a time of perril and certainly did so with jack this time. Leo should know better then to wear a wig and some bitch heels,atleast braid the damn wig BUT NEVER EVER wear bitch heels to a battle to the death!!!

Voting is officially over.  The results:

Jack Torrance:
Justified votes -- 3 x 5 pts apiece = 10 pts
Non-Justified votes -- 0
Total pts: 15

Leonard Marliston:
Justified -- 2 x 5 pts apiece = 10 pts
Non-Justified votes -- 0
Total pts: 10

The Winner: JACK TORRANCE

Thanks to those of you who participated.  Round 4 will be up shortly. smile

My take:

I'm surprised Torrance won this one, just as I was surprised when he won against Norman Bates last season.  He's actually a pretty ineffective killer, having only managed to murder one old man, and that kill was for all intents and purposes a sucker punch. lol

Marliston, however, is much more aggressive and is a better, more efficient -- and more experienced -- killer.  He may dress in drag but those heels don't slow him down one single bit, as those who've seen Cherry Falls know.  I think he'd tear the slower and more lumbering Jack Torrance to shreds.

My two cents. smile

In the book I don't remember him killing anyone, he definitely does not kill Dick Halloran. I dunno, I don't see how a guy who can't kill anyone (even a small child and a defenceless woman) could beat a stone cold killer (haven't seen Cherry Falls, I'm talking out my ass). It doesn't make him any less of an awesome character or The Shining any less of an awesome movie though.

It's the effect he does on us viewers I think. The Psychotic madness he delivers is much more crazy that that other dude. My own 2 cents...

He's definitely more believable.

Well, it's not about who's crazier.  It's called deadliest warrior, not craziest warrior.  And I can't even begin to imagine Jack getting the upper hand here.  While Jack's lumbers about, hissing threats and arching his eyebrows and going on about the hair on his chinny-chin-chin, Leonard attacks out of the blue and rips him to pieces.

^^^
The more crazy the more Deadly you are.

Hitler for example was more Deadly and crazy than Hussein.

But Hitler didn't kill anyone himself (not counting his time as a soldier in WWI).  When he was in power, he had his troops do all the dirty work.  Hussein also commanded his men to kill, but he wasn't above getting his own hands dirty as well, and personally executed a number of people.

But that's kind of beside the point.  The movies each opponent was in tell the story: Jack only killed Halloran, and that was only because Halloran didn't see him coming.  Leonard stalked and killed a number of teenagers, killed two cops, and at one point charged into a room full of people, knife swinging, and taking out a number of them, as well.

Crazier doesn't necessarily mean deadlier -- at least as far as these movies go.

True, true.

Once again I bow to your wisdom.
But that doesn't change my thoughts. big_smile