Re: Last horror movie you watched?

mike3881 wrote:

A-Nightmare on Elm st remake. Not sure how people feel about that movie but I thought it was pretty good. I wish they made a part 2. Why bother to make a slasher film about the big 3 if you're not going make sequels

I also really liked it and I agree, it needs a sequel.

Fatal Pulse - one of the most god awful slashers I've ever seen; and I've seen a lot of them. Kills suck (except for one) acting is some of the worse I've seen, horrific music and one of the worst scripts in cinematic history. I would say to stay away at all cost, but it's worth watching just to see how bad it actually is, especially if you're a hardcore slasher fan. 2/10

Romasanta-The Werewolf Hunt (2004).  6/10

In about two hours, the last horror film I will have watched will be The Relic.  Cool flick, saw it during its opening weekend and a few times since.  More complicatedly plotted than it needs to be, but it's a fun monster romp nonetheless.

vhs

It's Alive 1974
Lord of Darkness 2012
Baby Blood 1990

the original It's Alive is still a hoot, the other two, all i can really say is meh, lord of darkness had that psychotic feel to it but to me fell a little short, The Depraved 2011 tried also, but nothing beats Frontier(s) 2007 when it comes to downright ultra-violence, i felt it even surpassed Hostel 2005

The Creature wrote:

^ Very nice, DarkMistress!

1408 (re-watch) - 8.5/10

I think it's a damn good film. It takes the haunted room concept and just cranks the shit to 11. Not only is it a ghost story, but it's a heavy metaphysical mind-bender, too. Plus, Cusack's smart ass character in this film is great.

Yeah it's a winner alright! smile Glad you like!

I'm in the mood for Delicatessen!!
Oui? kXnPunk? big_smile

http://lawstudentscookbook.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/delicatessen.jpg

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/delicatessen4.jpg

http://images.popmatters.com/misc_art/d/delicatessen-inside.jpg

^^^ Delicatessen is one of my favs, the Metronome sequence is awesome

cthulu76 wrote:

It's Alive 1974
Lord of Darkness 2012
Baby Blood 1990

the original It's Alive is still a hoot, the other two, all i can really say is meh, lord of darkness had that psychotic feel to it but to me fell a little short, The Depraved 2011 tried also, but nothing beats Frontier(s) 2007 when it comes to downright ultra-violence, i felt it even surpassed Hostel 2005

Oh I haven't seen IT'S ALIVE in ages! smile

cthulu76 wrote:

^^^ Delicatessen is one of my favs, the Metronome sequence is awesome

Yeah it's wickedly CRAZY WEIRD! lol

I watched the collector last night and it was pretty good.  It definitely creeped me out.  Right now I am watching ABC's of death.  This movie is pretty crazy and I am only on E!

Not really a horror movie but it's just as violent as most Kick Ass 2 - everything I expected it to be. Goes further in depth with the characters, even more gore and violence than the first and funnier. A must see for fans of the first (or the graphic novels) 9/10

Abcs of death was too much for me.  I turned it off after F yikes!

I just watched the Invisible Man (1933). What a great film. Way ahead of it's time with special effects. And the Invisible Man is a top notch mad scientist who ranks among the best of them like Herbert West and Dr. Frankenstein. Claude Rains as the invisible man is fantastic too, what he can do with his voice alone is amazing.

As good as the effects were at the time, what made that flick so great for me was Rains himself.  Since his face would never be seen, he had to sell the character with just his voice and body language, and he knocked it out of the park.  I'd easily rate it as one of the very best Universal monster flicks.

Evil Dead (2013)

From Dusk Till Dawn 2 & 3:

#2 was even worse after probably my 3rd time watching.

#3, surprisingly, was better this time around.

Now I'm going to have to watch the original again. In which I've watched umpteen times, and always enjoyed.

Ha!  I just finished watching the first FDTD not two hours ago. lol

LoudLon wrote:

As good as the effects were at the time, what made that flick so great for me was Rains himself.  Since his face would never be seen, he had to sell the character with just his voice and body language, and he knocked it out of the park.  I'd easily rate it as one of the very best Universal monster flicks.

I definitely agree, Claude Rains was amazing, it was a very early film role for him too. It probably made his career. It's definitely on par with the rest of Whale's output, and in my estimation he's  the best in class.

Last edited by Theli (2013-08-23 13:58:52)

LoudLon wrote:

In about two hours, the last horror film I will have watched will be The Relic.  Cool flick, saw it during its opening weekend and a few times since.  More complicatedly plotted than it needs to be, but it's a fun monster romp nonetheless.

we always did agree on so many things LoudLon!
I love the way the creature moves... so creepy. Actually gave me nightmares the first time i watched it! (but dont tell anybody....)

Watching it last night, I enjoyed how the digital effects held up.  Granted CGI has grown by leaps and bounds since then, but they were still effective, such as the scene with the SWAT cop running toward camera and the Kothoga coming up behind him and biting his head off, and all of it done without a single cut.  And the creature itself had a great design, as well.  Credit Stan Winston for that.

LuLuLuhxe wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

I love the way the creature moves... so creepy. Actually gave me nightmares the first time i watched! (but dont tell anybody....)

Yeah, I get that a lot. Thanks! big_smile

The Shining (Re-watch for like the 50th time). Great as always. Jack Nicholson's over-the-top performance is one of the most fun in cinema history, IMO. His performance in that film is also why The Shining is one of my most treasured childhood movies. Much like Jim Carrey, his over-the-top madness had me absolutely riveted at 6, 7 years old.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-08-23 18:16:32)

You're Next, all I can say is wow. This movie is amazing and Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett do an amazing job with this one 9/10

JUG FACE [2013]

What a sublime character driven wild piece this was. Been wanting to see it for a while and I'm extremely glad I finally did. That's things like this that make me love independent cinema that much. Lauren Ashley Carter is freaking excellent in the main role and the story is truely cool. Not to mention the beautiful cinematography. Every one in this flick is fantastic. A lovely little piece.

SEE IT!!!

Evilspeak (1981)

Saw a couple of you guys mention this here recently so gave it a shot. I really liked it, particularly the music. The pay off at the end was great, but like a lot of 80s horror I felt that the build up was too long. Or at least they could have spiced up the first hour with more stuff than the general bullying of the protagonist. But saying that, it did have a nice atmosphere throughout and I'll probably watch it again!

*I'm fairly certain I watched the uncut version. I'm aware that this was a video nasty in the UK and received a cut version (which I couldn't imagine being worth a watch at all). Apparently the "uncut" version itself is missing some goodies.

7/10