Topic: Stephen King's Home.

The home of the one, the only, Stephen King - Bangor, Maine - USA

I imagine he lives quite comfortably! big_smile

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970676_666998493311489_1528669711_n.jpg

Re: Stephen King's Home.

I've always thought his is a particularly beautiful home.  It's not a massive mansion or palace or anything someone with a bit more pretension would have.  Just a tasteful, classic New England Victorian that you probably wouldn't think a famous horror writer lived in -- if not for the foreboding black, spiked gates with gargoyles perched atop them. lol

A very beautiful abode indeed. The gates are what make it Stephen King-esque though, which I love.

Me and the Wife went on a road trip in 2009....no particular place  to go.  We crossed the border into NY and then went east to Cape Cod.....then went north through Maine, vermont, new Hampshire.....When in Maine, I started seeing signs for Bangor....

My Wife isn't a horror fan.  When we got closer to Bangor, I told her we were making a stop.  We got off the highway,  had coffee in a diner and I started asking questions about the King residence....Everyone was real nice and it seemed like they were used to fans  coming in and  asking...we got directions that I wrote on a napkin that I still own today.

Long story short...I made my pilgramage to Stephen King's home...kept my distance but still felt the closeness...still felt the inspiration of a town called castle rock.  It's one of the best trips I ever took and one of the greatest stories I have to tell...

Very cool gate. Awesome even.

JackBurton wrote:

Me and the Wife went on a road trip in 2009....no particular place  to go.  We crossed the border into NY and then went east to Cape Cod.....then went north through Maine, vermont, new Hampshire.....When in Maine, I started seeing signs for Bangor....

My Wife isn't a horror fan.  When we got closer to Bangor, I told her we were making a stop.  We got off the highway,  had coffee in a diner and I started asking questions about the King residence....Everyone was real nice and it seemed like they were used to fans  coming in and  asking...we got directions that I wrote on a napkin that I still own today.

Long story short...I made my pilgramage to Stephen King's home...kept my distance but still felt the closeness...still felt the inspiration of a town called castle rock.  It's one of the best trips I ever took and one of the greatest stories I have to tell...

Very cool. Stephen King is the man, and not just for his books, but his outlook on life and his dedication to fans. Plus he helped conceive Joe Hill, who is another fantastic author.

I've heard there is a massive library in the basement of Mr.King's home, apparently bigger than that of the local library.